• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unlocking Destiny Early (Xbox One)

On Xbox One, if you don't have an achievement the game will not appear on your card. It will appear for YOU, but other people won't be able to see it until you unlock an achievement.

Hasney

Did anyone try buying from their store, then changing region of the XB1 to download the game? I know doing this changes the region of the game itself, so it might need both the download and the console region.

Flintty

"If I cant play it, everyone else must be lieing".

Gg GAF lol.

Should I switch back or keep trying? Been trying for 45 mins now lol.

Xbudz

I have to work today, if I didn't- I'd try this. By the time I get home- it's only a few hours before the official unlock time anyway. I'll wait.

Well its still not on the nz store
There has been proof already shown that people who purchased from the NZ store are playing right now.

There hasn't been proof that people who tried this trick are playing right now.

That's what we know.

There are people saying they're from NZ and this didn't work, but these people also likely purchased it from the US store because it's like 50% cheaper.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
crying-cat.gif

tuna_love

Banned
There has been proof already shown that people who purchased from the NZ store are playing right now.

There hasn't been proof that people who tried this trick are playing right now.

That's what we know.
I realize that. But when it goes up on there store it might be downloadable.

Flintty

Fuck it. Changed back to UK region. I'm out.

Taxi!!

Edit. On changing to UK it has gone back to saying 'play it on 09/09/2014'.

Looks like it should have worked but they were on to us from the start.

Prepurchased the game in Canada store. Changed region/timezone to NZ. Still says Unavailable for me. Tried a NZ DNS. No luck, either. Seems to be tied to country of purchase. Don't have access to a VPN, though.

Alright I just uninstalled and reinstalled the game and it still isn't working. The only thing I can think of is that by swapping regions and purchasing other items off the US Store after I bought Destiny off the NZ store that my "Purchase region" was changed to the US and the release timer changed.

I spent an extra $40 on the NZ store just to avoid this happening. Fuck Microsoft. This has killed my excitement for the game. I'm out, have fun everyone.

Top Bottom