• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unlocking Destiny Early (Xbox One)

ringlord

Alright I just uninstalled and reinstalled the game and it still isn't working. The only thing I can think of is that by swapping regions and purchasing other items off the US Store after I bought Destiny off the NZ store that my "Purchase region" was changed to the US and the release timer changed.

I spent an extra $40 on the NZ store just to avoid this happening. Fuck Microsoft. This has killed my excitement for the game. I'm out, have fun everyone.

So by switching regions to save some cash, it's MS's fault that your console now thinks its in the US region? Hm. You should not be surprised if there are quirks when you do stuff like this. Game the system and the system games you.

Alright I just uninstalled and reinstalled the game and it still isn't working. The only thing I can think of is that by swapping regions and purchasing other items off the US Store after I bought Destiny off the NZ store that my "Purchase region" was changed to the US and the release timer changed.

I spent an extra $40 on the NZ store just to avoid this happening. Fuck Microsoft. This has killed my excitement for the game. I'm out, have fun everyone.

What? You cannot blame Microsoft for this, you tried to buy it from a different country to play the game early. You tried a simple trick to get the game early, it didn't work, and its Microsoft's fault?

I can F Microsoft over so many things, but trying to game their system and it doesn't work isnt one reason to.

What? You cannot blame Microsoft for this, you tried to buy it from a different country to play the game early. You tried a simple trick to get the game early, it didn't work, and its Microsoft's fault?

I can F Microsoft over so many things, but trying to game their system and it doesn't work isnt one reason to.
Pretty sure he's the guy who's actually from NZ though.

So this method didn't work after all? Sorry guys. I have to wait for Amazon to deliver my copy (probably sometime tomorrow night with my luck), but I was excited for everyone who could have potentially played the game early-- I know how awesome that kind of thing is. Soon enough!

Bungie

So I managed to get the game to download & I live in the US but when starting it up I got this.

g587MSp.jpg

J

JoJo UK

Unconfirmed Member
Have you guys changed your region on both the console and xbox.com? I'm not sure but do both need to match?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Some on Reddit reporting the following.
  • From New Zealand
  • Bought on New Zealand store
  • Downloaded from New Zealand store

This is of 12-15 minutes ago. So it seems there must be an issue with the store not updating for everyone.

tuna_love

Banned
Go to the "ready to install" portion of the games/apps menu, hit the menu button, and the option should be there.

I've had Destiny loaded on to my console for almost a week now.
I got it on there but I want to know how he/she got to that screen.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Gee, one of the most obvious release-date workarounds doesn't seem to work? Shocking.

This isn't microsoft's first rodeo.

gossi

Gee, one of the most obvious release-date workarounds doesn't seem to work? Shocking.

In fairness, it worked with previous releases.

It looks like this one is locked to the store you got it from. As in, if your Xbox was set to the UK and you paid for the game, and THEN swapped to New Zealand, you can only activate when set to the UK.

Tawpgun

Yeah but it worked for Diablo and Madden lol

But they must have fixed it I guess. Oh well, it would have been a privelage to play it early. Gotta wait with the rest of the plebs!

Though it is complete horseshit we have to wait for midnight Pacific time.

Guerrilla

Oh look, it's
captain_buzzkill_png_ipad_mini_cover-rfa931848ad734d1ebe77da95ed59c5bb_w9jws_8byvr_512.jpg

It looks like this one is locked to the store you got it from. As in, if your Xbox was set to the UK and you paid for the game, and THEN swapped to New Zealand, you can only activate when set to the UK.

I hope so, don't want to wait for european release dates again. Was nice to play Wolfenstein on its us rls date...

lockload

the are no previous release for pre orders/pre loads

JMizzlin

Uninstalled, changed my region back to AUS (my normal region) and reinstalling now. Hopefully midnight treats me kindly!

Syrus

Banned
Yeah but it worked for Diablo and Madden lol

But they must have fixed it I guess. Oh well, it would have been a privelage to play it early. Gotta wait with the rest of the plebs!

Though it is complete horseshit we have to wait for midnight Pacific time.

Wow lol can't wait til midnight? Game will still be there friends, patience is a beautiful thing :D

mcfrank

I am trying reinstalling from the my games list. It gives me the option to reinstall the game not the preorder.

Tawpgun

Wow lol can't wait til midnight? Game will still be there friends, patience is a beautiful thing :D
I can and I will, but whats wrong with trying to get it early with a simple workaround lol?

HOWEVER, I also have to wait more than midnight due to the pacific release bullshit. Meaning it can be 12:30 am on 9/9 here in Boston but I can't play it until the west coast hits midnight.

Maybe they'll change that somehow, idk.

If it was midnight I would hop on and create my character, maybe get through the tutorial or do some crucible matches since i heard you can enter them level 0 now. But if its unlocking for me at 3am I'm going to get to play when I get out of class the next day at around 5pm.

Top Bottom