• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unlocking Destiny Early (Xbox One)

Instead of downloading the US version, I went ahead and just did the NZ one. If this somehow works(not really expecting it to, but what the hell), would I have to then get the US one?

lockload

Instead of downloading the US version, I went ahead and just did the NZ one. If this somehow works(not really expecting it to, but what the hell), would I have to then get the US one?

you had to overpay by a lot though?

Im interested to see if people who purchased in non NZ regions can unlock the pre load at midnight NZ..

Dynomutt

You gotta admit its kind of amazing that after all the threads full of angst regarding the Bungie/Sony partnership; Xbox One owners want to play this game earlier than anyone. That's love. Can't wait my body is ready.

lockload

No, I bought the US one and before it started downloading, I switched to NZ and started the install. Did I end up with US version?

As far i know there is one version, games are not region locked

People who downloaded in the USA region still got the same message when switching to NZ saying it will unlock at midnight NZ time

You gotta admit its kind of amazing that after all the threads full of angst regarding the Bungie/Sony partnership; Xbox One owners want to play this game earlier than anyone. That's love. Can't wait my body is ready.
Xbox One owners want to play earlier than anyone? They're playing early because there's a flaw with how the marketplace works on the Xbox One. If that same flaw existed on the PS Store, we would be going through the same process.

I think we're all equally excited for Destiny.

Foxycotin

Banned
Xbox One owners want to play earlier than anyone? They're playing early because there's a flaw with how the marketplace works on the Xbox One. If that same flaw existed on the PS Store, we would be going through the same process.

I think we're all equally excited for Destiny.

I don't think it's a flaw. It's part of the deal for having region freedom.

Jezehbell

giphy.gif

I don't think it's a flaw. It's part of the deal for having region freedom.
But the PS Store had this same problem when Diablo 3 was releasing, and they fixed it just hours before it was going to unlock for NZ accounts. There's a reason people are afraid of getting banned anytime something like this can be done to unlock a game early, be it on the Xbox Live Marketplace, Steam, Origin, etc...

This is the equivalent of a physical copy being sold early. Retailers aren't supposed to do that.

Flintty

Not yet. Microsoft are probably laughing at us 'it ain't gonna work you bunch of fucking losers' lol.

Mine has updated, saying 'unavailable'.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
I'm from New Zealand, bought mine on the NZ store and it still says unavailable.

This makes more sense now. Just wait guys. This will work :p

I am in the bus refreshing this page. If it works I am gonna scream yes an everyone will look at me

Flintty

It needs more than NZ timezone. You have to turn your Xbox One upside down. Confirmed
Don't do this...

Top Bottom