• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valkyria Chronicles Remaster |OT| One more time: You can do this. Trust in yourself!

anddo0

Picked up my copy today. It's the same price as other games over here sadly. In fact, I got Uncharted 4 for a lower price! Well, this game is worth $60 for sure so, no complaints. It just shows what happens when there's no official distribution channel.

http://i.imgur.com/u8ZbLBH.jpg[/img[/QUOTE]

Looks nice

Kinda tempted to go out and get this from GS, instead of waiting tor PSN to update.. But then, VC is the type of game I want quick access to, so I'll try to hang in there for a few more hours.

Audioboxer

Picked up my copy today. It's the same price as other games over here sadly. In fact, I got Uncharted 4 for a lower price! Well, this game is worth $60 for sure so, no complaints. It just shows what happens when there's no official distribution channel.

u8ZbLBH.jpg

Damn, $60, US GAF be hung out to dry.

Picked it up for £15.xx new in the UK lol.

u8ZbLBH.jpg

that cover looks good, if only it weren't a goddamn steelbook. oh well. where did you buy it?

Logash

u8ZbLBH.jpg

SteelBook looks better than I thought. Can't wait to pick up my copy today. Curious; Where did you get it? I live in the US and this is only $30.

Jme

Sorry if this has already been answered but I skimmed the thread and didn't see it..

Can anyone explain the benefit to this version over the PC version (if there is any?)
I'm kind of leaning toward this one but the PC version is cheaper...

Elven_Star

Damn, $60, US GAF be hung out to dry.

Picked it up for £15.xx new in the UK lol.

what the game isn't 60 in the US its 29

that cover looks good, if only it weren't a goddamn steelbook. oh well. where did you buy it?

SteelBook looks better than I thought. Can't wait to pick up my copy today. Curious; Where did you get it? I live in the US and this is only $30.
I live in Iran.

Logash

Sorry if this has already been answered but I skimmed the thread and didn't see it..

Can anyone explain the benefit to this version over the PC version (if there is any?)
I'm kind of leaning toward this one but the PC version is cheaper...

Someone did list the exclusive PC features here in this thread but basically it comes down to the PC version customization. The PS4 and PC base version are exactly the same though.

Elven_Star

i see. i meant from which store did you buy it from though. that looks like the same cover you would get stateside
It is the US version. I got it from a guy named Vahid. Everybody knows him around here. As I said, there are no official distribution channels in Iran. People import this stuff from Dubai in large quantities, and sell them at whatever price they want. It's usually the same as the global price (around $60). This was not an ordinary case; that's why I thought it's worth mentioning. Sorry if I caused confusion.

It is the US version. I got it from a guy named Vahid. Everybody knows him around here. As I said, there are no official distribution channels in Iran. People import this stuff from Dubai in large quantities, and sell them at whatever price they want. It's usually the same as the global price (around $60). This was not an ordinary case; that's why I thought it's worth mentioning. Sorry if I caused confusion.

oh I see. so you bought it from a guy you knew, who got it however he got it. i thought you bought it at a store and it was unusually expensive.

people

I'm curious about the 4 themes that come with the PS4 'Digital Deluxe Edition' on (Europe) PSN.

I already have the 'Europa Edition' on disc, but since the DDE only costs 20€ and comes with themes and avatars that I would perhaps like to spend 12€ on..

Baalzebup

Haha, I played the Blue Flame DLC parts in the PC version as well, but I had still forgotten the nonsensical renaming of Karl to Johann. Like, why would you do that? Because people might mix him up with Karl Lanzdaat? Heaven forbid there are two people with the same first name in a game.

Elven_Star

More photos of the steel book. It's gorgeous. Everybody should pick one up. There's no excuse at that price, and it would be a nice encouragement for the developers if it were sold out.

YuqiDK2.jpg

5OpxVof.jpg

Logash

More photos of the steel book. It's gorgeous. Everybody should pick one up. There's no excuse at that price, and it would be a nice encouragement for the developers if it were sold out.

YuqiDK2.jpg

5OpxVof.jpg

I like that it comes with the sleeve so that it could match the other games on my shelf :)

Unknown?

I once went to every Best Buy and GameStop in the area looking for Guilty Gear XRD on launch day and no one had anything in stock, only received what they got in preordered. I hate how games like these never get enough copies. I hate buying digital.

On a side note I watched an unboxing and the back said it only needed 11mb?! Why do they not put the whole game on the HDD when every other game does? More devs should do this..

jennetics

Seeing a lot of posts from others saying that they don't like the steelbook. Is there a specific reason why, or is it just that people don't like steelbooks?

Nyoro SF

Seeing a lot of posts from others saying that they don't like the steelbook. Is there a specific reason why, or is it just that people don't like steelbooks?

Some people don't like the incongruity it shows on their shelves.

As for me personally I love steelbooks and I like games on my shelf that have a unique look.

I was able to pull up its PSN page and buy it just now. You just gotta use the search function.

Good old PSN. This post brought me back to the Diva DLC days lol

jennetics

Some people don't like the incongruity it shows on their shelves.

As for me personally I love steelbooks and I like games on my shelf that have a unique look.

Ah, that makes sense. I tend to love steelbooks as well. Can't wait to get out of this office and pick up my reserve.

Shahed

I'm curious about the 4 themes that come with the PS4 'Digital Deluxe Edition' on (Europe) PSN.

I already have the 'Europa Edition' on disc, but since the DDE only costs 20€ and comes with themes and avatars that I would perhaps like to spend 12€ on..
Me too. Anyone who got the digital version of the game in the EU that can comment? Are the themes good? Static or animated? Unique music or general menu theme? Thinking about buying one but not sure.

Top Bottom