• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valorant is coming to consoles | Summer Game Fest 2024

dreamstation

Gold Member
I will never not be fascinated by how Valorant can blow up but The Finals is treading water. I'm enjoying Valorant but I'd never in a million years place it leagues above Embarks title.
Agree. FINALS is the best shooter around right now. People just seem to have something against it though it's weird.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Agree. FINALS is the best shooter around right now. People just seem to have something against it though it's weird.

I've played about 5 sessions of Valorant so far and not once felt like a teammate was throwing. That was / is one of the big pain points in The Finals imo.

I will never not be fascinated by how Valorant can blow up but The Finals is treading water. I'm enjoying Valorant but I'd never in a million years place it leagues above Embarks title.
I've played both. The Finals isn't bad but has one issue that I can't stand in FPS games. Running away. I can't stand when FPS games have a mechanic where you can just constantly run around going up and down and back around corners to get away from people. I don't want to play chase all day in my FPS games and this is what it felt like in The Finals. It's similar to why I can't stand fortnite because people just start buidling and going around corner and upstairs and back down.

Shake Your Rump

Gold Member
Literally children. My daughter plays this and it is essentially the Fortnite age group. I played for about a year and it’s almost all kids. Adults play counter strike, I presume.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
I've played both. The Finals isn't bad but has one issue that I can't stand in FPS games. Running away. I can't stand when FPS games have a mechanic where you can just constantly run around going up and down and back around corners to get away from people. I don't want to play chase all day in my FPS games and this is what it felt like in The Finals. It's similar to why I can't stand fortnite because people just start buidling and going around corner and upstairs and back down.
I appreciate you sharing this but I personally don't understand it.

It's like watching a James Bond movie and saying "I don't like chase scenes. I just want Bond to fight the bad guys right away." A great Bond movie has scene variety.

The retreat and the build (Fortnite) are just basic tactics that add complexity and variance to the gameplay loop. Once you master them, it's like playing with a full deck of cards.

Played some more Valorant and am really enjoying it. Way better at this than COD. There should be more round based shooters on console. I really dislike games with respawn. It brings no satisfaction to killing someone knowing they can immediately start playing again

cormack12

Gold Member
Played some more Valorant and am really enjoying it. Way better at this than COD. There should be more round based shooters on console. I really dislike games with respawn. It brings no satisfaction to killing someone knowing they can immediately start playing again
0*65Hn_9O62vDHdTk_.gif

dreamstation

Gold Member
The ease of movement is what makes the game so good. The ziplines, bounce pads that send you flying, being able to go inside every building. Running away isn't as bad as you think, but is definitely a valid strategy especially when you are the last person alive on your team. Lights are supposed to do hit and run tactics and can be annoying but yea it's not that bad to be honest.

I appreciate you sharing this but I personally don't understand it.

It's like watching a James Bond movie and saying "I don't like chase scenes. I just want Bond to fight the bad guys right away." A great Bond movie has scene variety.

The retreat and the build (Fortnite) are just basic tactics that add complexity and variance to the gameplay loop. Once you master them, it's like playing with a full deck of cards.
Yes I can understand that some people enjoy it but if I don't like it what can I do? Not going to force myself to play something I don't enjoy just to attempt to master it and hope I enjoy it at that point. I want to play games to have fun and if I have to master something to reach that point well then it's already lost me. Gaming is one of my many hobbies mastering things in gaming is something I will almost never do cause I just don't put in that kind of time to one game.

The ease of movement is what makes the game so good. The ziplines, bounce pads that send you flying, being able to go inside every building. Running away isn't as bad as you think, but is definitely a valid strategy especially when you are the last person alive on your team. Lights are supposed to do hit and run tactics and can be annoying but yea it's not that bad to be honest.
It was to much for me. I can see why people would enjoy but it's just not for me. I actually really like how Valorant slows your movement drastically when you get shot. I've actually had to adjust the way I play where I get shot and try to run and adjust. It just ends up with me dying trying to run away.

Last edited:

dreamstation

Gold Member
It was to much for me. I can see why people would enjoy but it's just not for me. I actually really like how Valorant slows your movement drastically when you get shot. I've actually had to adjust the way I play where I get shot and try to run and adjust. It just ends up with me dying trying to run away.
All good mate. But the slowing down when getting shot thing would annoy the shit out of me, similar to how the movement in FINALS annoys you.

Top Bottom