• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve's Director of Business has left [GAF Rumor: TF2 Art Lead, SFM Head Gone, More]

Alienous

I have this feeling that you got this comment off of Youtube

I didn't. I don't know what that means. If it's good enough to steal, it's good...!?

Anyway, no. Valve's sinking. There is fun to be had!

This doesn't seem very 'Valve'. I'd expect them to be a lot more transparent than they are being. That's why this is a little bit worrying.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Agreed. Sounds like some key figures got pissed over something and took a bunch of people with them. I expect it might be over Valve deciding to become a more 'mainstream' developer with actual deadlines and games released every few years instead of every 40.

lol yeah I doubt that. And they put out games regularly. They just tend not to whore them out like Halo.

Might I offer that for any of the games journalists who get tired of all the "lol, games journalism" comments that this might actually be a good time to get on their journalistic ponies and do a little snooping around. The sky is falling comments about losing games or buyouts are silly, but clearly something fairly major is up here.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Agreed. Sounds like some key figures got pissed over something and took a bunch of people with them. I expect it might be over Valve deciding to become a more 'mainstream' developer with actual deadlines and games released every few years instead of every 40.

You do know that they have released a game a year for the last 5 years, right?

wrowa

Another theory: Gabe and co realized that Valve has a terrible burn rate since they are doing so many projects at a time, many of which aren't designed to make money (Filmmaker) or are unlikely to ever make money (hardware), so that they saw the need to re-focus the company on more straight-forward projects.

I think you replied to a post that made a "Day of Defeat" pun. :p

Well, whoops! Only the first line of my post is actually a response to his post, so it doesn't really matter. :p

Zia

Welp, that was the only time in the last four years I've been compelled to play Day of Defeat and I'm stuck at 90%. Thanks for nothing, Garry.

ibcLlBE9hVCv2.gif

Top Bottom