• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Very old items that you still use today

GymWolf

Gold Member
Do you people have very old objects (like older than 10 years) that you still use regularly?

I'll start:

I had the same 2 max sized beach towel for the past umm 20 years, bought them during my very first trip with friends to a foreign country in palma de mallorca, i was 17.
Gigantic beach towels (like 2 mt x 1 mt) are kinda rare to find in normal shops and mine still look in good conditions, also nostalgia factor. (They also have cool drawings)

A big, bulky yellow jet flame lighter for when i smoke in windy environments like beach or windy foreign places like ams, this thing is the only object that make me believe in magic, i NEVER recharged it, and it still work, after almost 10 years, at this point i'm convinced that it has infinite fuel or it's straight up a magic relic :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

My scooter is 10 years old, it still go like the first day and it has some peculiar stuff that most modern scooter don't have (like oil-bath clutch and asr-abs), to get the same things in a modern scooter i have to pay like 10.000+ euros...for a fucking scooter:lollipop_squinting:

My gym bag is still the one that i found in the gta4 collector edition, the one with the black safe deposit box, this thing is ultra resilient and just the right size.

My pc monitor is older than 10 years, i kinda wanna change it with a big oled monitor but then i think that i just browse internet and not much else with the monitor, i play and watch stuff on the big oled and i saw the prices of oled monitors...

What are your forever useful items?

Last edited:

Dr.Morris79

xsq5YYS.jpeg

30+ years old, only left it out my pocket for a few days here and there and various holidays when I cant take it.

It's probably older than most on the forum :messenger_tears_of_joy:

MrMephistoX

I don’t use him often but I have this old toy named Joe I often get out my toy podiums and have him debate other toy opponents. But you see yesterday Joe had a doggone no good very bad toy debate performance. The other toys laughed and said he was getting too old and said he should leave the toy debate circus for good but not our Joey: he’s a fighter!

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
I don’t use him but I have this old toy named Joe I often get out my toy podiums and have him debate other toy opponents. But you see yesterday Joe had a doggone no good very bad toy debate performance. The other toys laughed and said he was getting too old and said he should leave the toy debate circus for good but not our Joey: he’s a fighter!
Wtf is a doggone?

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
I still got my PS3 slim which gets a fair amount of usage.

I have an old t-shirt that's at least 20 years old and still going strong. A bit worn but I still love wearing it.

Kenpachii

My dad had a pair of sunglasses when he was 37 when i wasn't even born yet. found them 2 years ago, now i am at the same age i wear them in the summer.

Last edited:

CGNoire

Im still using the same set of 70s era vintage 3 way Floor speakers with 8" woofers that I got passed down from my Dad in the mid 90s.

Played N64, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PS5, Xbox1, X360, and 4 different PC builds all through the same Speakers going on 3 Decades now. They Still sound supreme.

Heres to another 30 years.

Last edited:

drganon

Gold Member
I think mine has like 15 years or so, but it's quality leather so it endure anything.
Mine came from Kohl's, so I don't know how high quality it is. Its a little beat up, but its still holding together. That and it was a gift from my Grandmother who has since passed away, so it has some personal value.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
I wear a Blaq Audio shirt I bought in highschool.

I have a pair of house boots that I've owned for five or so years.

Racking my brain trying to come up with another real one before I say "your mother,"

badblue

Gold Member
My Furnace.

My house was built in 1950 and the furnace was made around the same time. Thing still runs great it's just inefficient as fuck compared to new systems.

Monitor, keyboard, and wallet are all 10+ years old. Still knocking off some of my PS3 backlog here and there.

Last year I had to upgrade the phone I had been using since 2013, an iphone 5. Probably would have kept using it but Verizon basically forced me to get something current.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
My kids sleep with a stuffed animal i got when I was 2/3/4yo? So its roughly 34-36 years old. Its a gund bear.

I still use the bowl my brother gave me that he got from an ex when he was in college, which is around 30+ years old

Last edited:
Top Bottom