• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyzard

Banned
Curious or what?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=45610894&postcount=241

He goes on to say he doesn't expect Pixel Junk Shooter on Vita as Sony has license to it? :S

--Buy Stranger's Wrath: Fantastic 3D platforming adventure action game, lots of switching between third and first person (at your convenience), has lots of funny content in-game and is very reasonably priced. If you haven't played it and don't buy it (when you can), for shame.

Tomodachi

Is it hideously expensive in the US? Because it's £10 here and worth every penny (and more).
It's 13€ or something here in Italy (so yeah, about 10£) but I thought it was some kind of minigame. Now that I think about it I don't have a clue what kind of game it is... or maybe Steam sales just spoiled me :p
If you guys say it's worth it I think I'll grab it when I'm finished with Gravity Rush then! Any difference between the PS3 version and the Vita version?

kiyomi

If you guys say it's worth it I think I'll grab it when I'm finished with Gravity Rush then! Any difference between the PS3 version and the Vita version?

Just the touch screen integration that you use in the level creation mode, which to be honest is more of an annoyance than helpful.

Personally I didn't like Sound Shapes as much as most VitaBros - but it is certainly unique.

Skyzard

Banned
It's 13€ or something here in Italy (so yeah, about 10£) but I thought it was some kind of minigame. Now that I think about it I don't have a clue what kind of game it is... or maybe Steam sales just spoiled me :p

I didn't even bother with the PS3 version - it is definitely worth it, not just us who thinks so as well (a few gaming awards now too) - Vita version suits the platform perfectly.

It's great if you like a challenging platformer, music and themes + custom creation just puts it over the top.

I was really craving a tough platformer before it came out. It scratches that itch easily. Also the editor for creative types - if you enjoy it and aren't careful you can spend hours in there at a time. Really good replayability with some tough trophies too (you unlock modes after you finish the main game) - although also frustrating if you get easily pissed like with super meat boy

The touch integration in the level editor I would say is fantastic. You can use the back touch as well so your finger doesnt get in the way of where to place things. I had fun making a couple of lvls in the game.

There are essentially 3 games as well

- normal mode which is just the platformer game
- death mode which is one screen and you have to collect enough notes before time runs out (very hard)
- The music mode where it plays a small bit of music and you have to guess what the notes are and recreate it.

All 3 are fantastic. Throw the community created content on top and its a bargain.

I could have sworn Lumines was £13 on the store yesterday, but looking today it's £30. :(

It was on sale till today along with rayman and dungeon hunter.

Bumhead

Banned
Got a couple of Vita related questions if any kind soul wants to help me out. This place seemed as good as any to ask. They're all for the UK market, by the way.

1.) Concerning the current bundle packs (NFS, FIFA, LBP, Ass Creed, COD), are the bundled games physical retail copies that can be traded in or are they digitial codes? I don't actually want any of those games right now, and some of them trade for decent-ish amounts at my local CEX (Ass Creed is £21 cash). Thinking that cashing in the bundled games might be an effective way of driving down the cash outset for a new Vita.

2.) Does the Call of Duty: Declassified bundle have the horrendous logo motif printed on the back in the UK, or was that for other regions?

3.) What is third party availability like for Vita games on PSN, and how is the pricing compared to at retail? I'm mainly wanting a Vita for the PS Plus content, which is easily enough to get me by, but for the times when I want to buy something before it hits Plus I'll be wanting to go digital only. Is everything available on PSN? I'm particularly wondering about Virtue's Last Reward at this point.

4.) How do Cross Buy work with PS3 copies? Does booting up the game on a PS3 automatically add the Vita version download to your account or something?

Any help greatly appreciated. I have owned a Vita before but I'm wondering how much has changed since then. PS Plus integration is such a compelling sell with the way they're handling that across PS3 and Vita at the moment.

Skyzard

Banned
^ yep

4.) How do Cross Buy work with PS3 copies? Does booting up the game on a PS3 automatically add the Vita version download to your account or something?

Any help greatly appreciated. I have owned a Vita before but I'm wondering how much has changed since then. PS Plus integration is such a compelling sell with the way they're handling that across PS3 and Vita at the moment.

Can only really help with one but:

So with PSASBR you put the disc in and it gives you an option called "disc benefits" which is some sort of strange drm that activates a single code and ties it to your account (vita version).

I'm not sure how all cross-buy (retail) games work - did the new ratchet and clank come with a code? I remember seeing it in store and it saying something on the box about it.

Number45

1. AC is a download code, but a friend of mine bought the LBP bundle and has the card. Not sure if it came in full retail regalia though.
  2. Pass
  3. Mandatory PSN version. VLR. Pricing is generally OK, but often it's cheaper to go retail.
  4. When you buy the game it'll add both versions to your purchase history, you can just pick it up from the store after that.

EDIT: Just realised you might have meant PS3 physical copies. Pass.

Got a couple of Vita related questions if any kind soul wants to help me out. This place seemed as good as any to ask. They're all for the UK market, by the way.

1.) Concerning the current bundle packs (NFS, FIFA, LBP, Ass Creed, COD), are the bundled games physical retail copies that can be traded in or are they digitial codes? I don't actually want any of those games right now, and some of them trade for decent-ish amounts at my local CEX (Ass Creed is £21 cash). Thinking that cashing in the bundled games might be an effective way of driving down the cash outset for a new Vita.

2.) Does the Call of Duty: Declassified bundle have the horrendous logo motif printed on the back in the UK, or was that for other regions?

3.) What is third party availability like for Vita games on PSN, and how is the pricing compared to at retail? I'm mainly wanting a Vita for the PS Plus content, which is easily enough to get me by, but for the times when I want to buy something before it hits Plus I'll be wanting to go digital only. Is everything available on PSN? I'm particularly wondering about Virtue's Last Reward at this point.

1) Pretty sure most are download codes im afraid. however some stores might be doing there own bundles.

2) I think that was other regions but I dont know the answer to that one sorry

3)All games are available on PSN. Pricing is mixed from the sale as retail to worse. Sonys own stuff is basically priced the same. It tends to be some of the thrid parties charging more. CoD and Sonic racing are worst offenders I have seen of this so far. However despite the games being priced the same as the release price at retail, places like amazon often sell the retail cart cheaper anyway.

4) not 100% sure but I think it just adds to your account like you said.

Bumhead

Banned
Thanks for the responses guys, really helpful stuff.

Sounds like my attempt to scam some money off a Vita bundle by trading in the bundled game is going to be a non-starter, but not to worry. I actually wouldn't be averse to giving LittleBigPlanet a go, so maybe I'll pick that bundle up. Good to know that all Vita games are on PSN, too. Like I say, I'm mainly interested in the benefits of Plus at this point, but there will be other games I'll want to pick up before they hit Plus.

AC is a download code, but a friend of mine bought the LBP bundle and has the card. Not sure if it came in full retail regalia though.

There are two different retail LBP bundles for some bizarre reason:

1. Bundle you see on Amazon.de for 159EUR: no memory card, LBP is physical release

2. Bundle with LBP + 4GB memory card, originally priced at 249EUR I believe: memory card, the game is a download code - this version will also most likely have LBP [Download Voucher] in the item description or title

CF68N.jpg

...GAWT DAMN

Just Add Water are beasts!

Number45

There are two different retail LBP bundles for some bizarre reason:

1. Bundle you see on Amazon.de for 159EUR: no memory card, LBP is physical release

2. Bundle with LBP + 4GB memory card, originally priced at 249EUR I believe: memory card, the game is a download code - this version will also most likely have LBP [Download Voucher] in the item description or title
Now that you mention it, the bundle he bought from Sainsbury's didn't seem to be on official bundle anyway - because when he went in they didn't have a 4GB memory card available so they gave him an 8GB.

SAFCDan

Neo Member

Sounds like my attempt to scam some money off a Vita bundle by trading in the bundled game is going to be a non-starter, but not to worry. I actually wouldn't be averse to giving LittleBigPlanet a go, so maybe I'll pick that bundle up. Good to know that all Vita games are on PSN, too. Like I say, I'm mainly interested in the benefits of Plus at this point, but there will be other games I'll want to pick up before they hit Plus.

You could always sell the game code in the Buy/Sell/Trade thread on GAF! I know I'd potentially be interested in a FIFA 13 digital copy :)

Munkyspace

The AC bundle I got (white, 4GB incl.) was most definitely a physical copy of the game. Sold it back to Gamestop for an easy $21.

Huddy

I want strangers wrath :( I hope it stays on sale till after xmas

It'll be PS+ discounted until at least the next update which is the 6th Jan I think.

I think I'm going to miss out on a Persona 4 Golden Xmas, what with only 2 days left for the postman do his stuff the odds don't look good. :(

Derrick01

Banned
oh Takao,I know you always thinking of Vita best interest..but ewww I don't really want anything from Awful-5, such a garbage studio,It's actually amazing how the studio made one very good game (DC2) then farted from its head and kept throwing bad games like crazy.

2 is better than 1 but there's something about 1, some kind of atmosphere that I didn't feel in 2. But I would kill someone for DC3 on Vita. I have a feeling if it were ever going to happen it would happen on there instead of ps4 since it'll be cheaper to make.

Shahed

The last Level 5 game I played was Dragon Quest 9 which I found quite disappointing after the awesome work which was VIII. I've played a few of their games since and I haven't liked any.

I do anticipate Ni No Kuni though so I'm hoping they'll deliver

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

1. AC is a download code, but a friend of mine bought the LBP bundle and has the card. Not sure if it came in full retail regalia though.
  2. Pass
  3. Mandatory PSN version. VLR. Pricing is generally OK, but often it's cheaper to go retail.
  4. When you buy the game it'll add both versions to your purchase history, you can just pick it up from the store after that.

EDIT: Just realised you might have meant PS3 physical copies. Pass.
My AC3 ps vita came with the physical game.

Amazon refund just came in so paid for the LBP with 8gb card bundle :) should be here either Xmas eve or the day after Boxing Day so not bad.

Plus can't say no to the console plus a game plus a 8gb card for less than £170

Shahed

May I ask why you need to do this? If you have the vita why not just download it directly?

The only thing I can think of is download speeds. My Vita download speeds are really slow compared to everything. I can download on PS3, and then transfer to Vita before the Vita download has reached 50%

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
The only thing I can think of is download speeds. My Vita download speeds are really slow compared to everything. I can download on PS3, and then transfer to Vita before the Vita download has reached 50%

I can download a game 5 times on Vita for the time it takes to finish dl it on PS3. So annoying.

Shahed

I can download a game 5 times on Vita for the time it takes to finish dl it on PS3. So annoying.

Honestly it's down to PSN being moody and temperamental. Everything's all over the place, and adding Vita speeds in had just made it all the more confusing.

But I'll class myself as one of the lucky people who's PS3 downloads speeds match the speeds from PC or anywhere else

Are they really? That takes up most of the memory card space!

That's the plan! Need to sell those 32gb cards...

PSN is an odd one. My vita download fine for the most part. Got strangers wrath in abut 1 mins. I have had days where its slows down for a while though. Don't think its got anything to do with the hardware.

Tomodachi

Can somebody explain to me a few things? Noob/stupid questions incoming.

- When I put the system in standby the blue button is on, yet sometimes it turns off. What is its meaning? Does Vita work like PSP, so it drains virtually no battery when it's in standby or should I turn it off for good by holding the off button?

- Last night I was playing Tokyo Jungle in remote play, then I turned off my PS3 via PSVita, but this morning I found the PS3 with the red light on (so it was off, or so I thought) but it made a very faint noise like it was running, and looking more closely I noticed the green button for the wifi was on indeed. Is that normal? Can't I just turn off for good the PS3 remotely?

EDIT: I forgot! Is it possible to take screenshots? :D

kiyomi

Shahed said:
Honestly it's down to PSN being moody and temperamental. Everything's all over the place, and adding Vita speeds in had just made it all the more confusing.

Yup. Occasionally I'll get quick downloads on the PS3, but more often than not, the Vita downloads quicker.

I'm fortunate that neither of them are ever really slow, they're either mediocre or good. Both acceptable.

kiyomi

- When I put the system in standby the blue button is on, yet sometimes it turns off. What is its meaning? Does Vita work like PSP, so it drains virtually no battery when it's in standby or should I turn it off for good by holding the off button?

The blue light signifies a notification of some sort (message, friend logged in, etc).

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Alright! About to send out information regarding the Secret Santa to the following people:
1. Toma
2. The Grim Heaper
3. Jamix012
4. QP3
5. BlueMaxima
6. Shahed
7. CorrosiveFrost
8. Noi

If you dont receive a PM within the next 30 minutes, contact me.

- Last night I was playing Tokyo Jungle in remote play, then I turned off my PS3 via PSVita, but this morning I found the PS3 with the red light on (so it was off, or so I thought) but it made a very faint noise like it was running, and looking more closely I noticed the green button for the wifi was on indeed. Is that normal? Can't I just turn off for good the PS3 remotely?

EDIT: I forgot! Is it possible to take screenshots? :D

As post above said about blue light. Might also signify wifeless tuning on to check something. However it basically uses no power in sleep mode. No reason to turn this thing off at all.

marrec

Banned
As post above said about blue light. Might also signify wifeless tuning on to check something. However it basically uses no power in sleep mode. No reason to turn this thing off at all.

I need this for my house, so I know when the Wife is out or asleep and I can slide around in socks and underwear while listening to Bob Seger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom