• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
May I ask why you need to do this? If you have the vita why not just download it directly?

Download speed and convenience - I have my router setup to only use 5GHz band now I have to change that for the Vita and my PC gets 6MB/s. I doubt the Vita can reach the same speed. Also instead of leaving my Vita on all the time to download updates/games/etc I could do that on my PC which is on most of the time anyways and then transfer everything what I want later.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Secret Santa PM's are out! 4 days time to decide and buy the gifts :)

Number45

- Last night I was playing Tokyo Jungle in remote play, then I turned off my PS3 via PSVita, but this morning I found the PS3 with the red light on (so it was off, or so I thought) but it made a very faint noise like it was running, and looking more closely I noticed the green button for the wifi was on indeed. Is that normal? Can't I just turn off for good the PS3 remotely?
For remote start to work it needs the wifi. If you're not bothered about remote start turn it off, then the PS3 will shutdown fully but you'll need to manually enable remote play from the PS3 when you want to use it.

You could always flip the switch on the back?

Download speed and convenience - I have my router setup to only use 5GHz band now I have to change that for the Vita and my PC gets 6MB/s. I doubt the Vita can reach the same speed. Also instead of leaving my Vita on all the time to download updates/games/etc I could do that on my PC which is on most of the time anyways and then transfer everything what I want later.
The Vita should be on all the time anyway, and it can download while sleeping too. Automatically even, if you have Plus. :)

can i redeem a game code over a browser?

I want to buy one, but left my vita at home and would like to redeem it once i receive it.
If you're in EU you can redeem from the store, but I'm pretty sure you can redeem from the account pages on sonyentertainmentnetwork.com as well.

Alright! About to send out information regarding the Secret Santa to the following people:
1. Toma
2. The Grim Heaper
3. Jamix012
4. QP3
5. BlueMaxima
6. Shahed
7. CorrosiveFrost
8. Noi

If you dont receive a PM within the next 30 minutes, contact me.

D'oh! I was just about to ask whether it was too late to join. I guess that answers my question.

Yeah, thanks guys. I held in the power button for about a minute and apparently that wasn't enough, since 2 or 3 minutes did the trick. -_-

yosp has you covered!

A-hfnMKCIAAPCFz.jpg:large

Aizen avatar? I take everything bad i have ever said about YOSP.

Tomodachi

For remote start to work it needs the wifi. If you're not bothered about remote start turn it off, then the PS3 will shutdown fully but you'll need to manually enable remote play from the PS3 when you want to use it.

You could always flip the switch on the back?
Ah yes, you're right. I just noticed that it doesn't happen if I turn off the "remote turn on" option. I disabled it for now, I'll give it a few days to understand if I actually use remote play a lot or if it's too bothersome to manually turn on the PS3 first. Thanks for the clarification!

Oh I didn't notice the health bar. I thought he dove inside and was beating the hell out of it from the inside and then exploded out.

I like my version better :\

Thats what I thought to. I just though... "hell yeah". After hearing its you just getting eaten its not so awesome.... but still fairly awesome.

Sid

Chewed and spit out of the gaping hole that was your stomach (that you are holding closed with your arms)... like bubble gum.

That thing looks horrifying.
There needs to be a 1000ft. titan like boss in the game just so we can destroy him inside out like in gow3.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Thats what I thought to. I just though... "hell yeah". After hearing its you just getting eaten its not so awesome.... but still fairly awesome.
I think it's a good idea. A lot of PS-likes encourage random jumping just because you get access to faster attacks. It's nice that one enemy punishes you if you jump up in front of it.

ugh fuck's sake my 4 gig card is already maxed out, could barely fit two games in; I know you're hurting sony, but 4gigs is in no way standard for Vita

ugh fuck's sake my 4 gig card is already maxed out, could barely fit two games in; I know you're hurting sony, but 4gigs is in no way standard for Vita

I think the 4 gigs is designed for people who dont want to play digital games beyond the smaller PSmobile and PSN games. Just so you can save your cart games.

So, in the first level of the Soul Sacrifice demo(in the prologue), I walked up to a wall and it prompted me to hold X. I did so, and my entire body was encased with ice and it broke off a few seconds later, changing my appearance and boosting my ice resistance + defense for that level. This game is so cool.

Also, I got someone easy to shop for in secret santa! Success!

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
It get's much greener later on, and other colors and locals I won't spoil. :D
But like VanWinkle say's, it's a western. And it's pwetty ^_^

Noi

Went into the J PSN store to buy something, noticed that Malicious Rebirth is the #1 Top Vita download. I'm ok with this!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Crush is $2.50 if you're a PSRS subber in the US. Buy it people.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I'm a big fan of Level 5.

I loved Jeanne d'Arc, and I think I'm one of the few people that really enjoyed the first White Knight Chronicles. The story, to me, was absurd and chock full of anime and JRPG cliches, and it felt incredibly tongue in cheek. I thought the visuals were beautiful (especially the backgrounds; character models were what I expect from a JRPG), and I really enjoyed the level up and battle system. Me and my wife played the hell out of the first WKC. It was so much fun playing with her and friends. I haven't bought the second yet, but it's on our list, I just keep forgetting about it.

I'm pretty much down for whatever Level 5 comes up with on the Vita. I'd love to see Dark Cloud on the Vita, either an HD collection of the first 2, or part 3. I'm currently playing DC2 on my PS3, and I'm really enjoying it. Never played it before.

I played Ni No Kuni at E3 this year and loved it, so I'm stoked for that next year as well.

While I'm dreaming, I'd love to see Sony bring a sequel to Folklore to the Vita. One of my favorite games of this generation, and the Vita would be a great home for it. Hell, give me a remake of the first one, with the potential for a sequel and I'll be giddy.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Yup, that's why I bought HB7.
Sorry, Vita, too slow.
Not that I'll have played it by then... plus... TROPHIES!

--

Secret Santa purchase made. Toma, you've been PM'ed.

Now I am sitting on surprise gifts/ codes I cant use for 4 days (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

Huddy

Sorry if this has already been mentioned but I just noticed that Valkyria Chronicles 2 has now gained Vita compatibility and is available on the EU store for £9.99. Great for those that don't own a PS3.

DLC is not up yet though.

ZeroAKA

I have 2 memory cards, both associated with the same account. How do I reset one card so that I can sign onto a different account? Do I have to restore the whole system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom