• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | November 2013 | Tearaway into a new world

Velcro Fly

What do you physical game buyers do for storing game cards? I have a case that holds 8 but it's probably going to be full really really soon depending on if I buy anything on sale from Amazon.

joe2187

Banned
Where is the Rayman legends deal on Amazon,

Walking dead vita bundle went live but the PS+ card and Rayman legends are still regular price.

RalchAC

I was enticed by it. :D

And I killed quite a bit of gold hands too. :(

Man, I hate Gold Hands. I know they are intented to be as annoying as posible (and the reward is pretty sweet) but there are times where it's just: Evade, evade, evade, counter, evade and then: God Hands attacks! Critical! One more turn! Escape!

I stop caring about them in the last dungeon. I was overleveled (even using the party members that weren't "my team"), so I didn't need that juicy extra exp.

KuroNeeko

Man, I hate Gold Hands. I know they are intented to be as annoying as posible (and the reward is pretty sweet) but there are times where it's just: Evade, evade, evade, counter, evade and then: God Hands attacks! Critical! One more turn! Escape!

I stop caring about them in the last dungeon. I was overleveled (even using the party members that weren't "my team"), so I didn't need that juicy extra exp.

Golds aren't so bad, unless they summon the
God Hands
. Really sucks when they summon two of them and then flee.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Would such a game even be import friendly? :p
Not sure, no details on what kind of game it is yet. Ideally I'd like an action game or something along the lines of valkyria chronicles, but it's probably going to be an srpg or conquest simulation game.

Man, I hate Gold Hands.
If you use Naoto you can nuke them all in one go with a charged almighty spell. I ended up playing a lot of end game battles that way because I became too lazy to select attacks for everyone each turn.

Cheska

The Muramasa and Killzone deals are super tempting. My hands are full with Tearaway and Ys, plus the fact that there's a very high chance of Killzone being free on PS+ is making me hesitant to take the plunge though.

Oh yeah!

2nz0txC.jpg

Some frustrating parts, but so, so good.

Nice! Was it a tough Platinum? I am currently on my first play-through. So many weapons!

Aytrial

Not sure, no details on what kind of game it is yet. Ideally I'd like an action game or something along the lines of valkyria chronicles, but it's probably going to be an srpg or conquest simulation game.

I would be okay with an SRPG presented like SRW.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
still no atlus sale in europe? smh

is PSN borked for anyone else btw? I get error messages for whatever I try to buy today

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
DisappoinTON

Only thing I've come away with is Tales of Xillia. Black Friday this year is treating me wrong.

At least you get to enjoy 20 buck-ish Tales of Xillia.

...WHILE I HAVE TO BUY IT AT 39.99!

:(

*grumble grumble*

Also, surprised that one of the best PS2 games ever that I have played, Crimson Butterfly, is available to download and with such a cheaaaap price too! Wowza.

cafemomo

Oh man. You are an angel.

You can be sure that when I do, I will double it.
No no you don't have too. Let's just stick with our agreement, $20 or ¥1000 card. You don't need to double it or anything dude. Don't worry about that. Just enjoy PS+ and just get back to me at your convience

killatopak

Gold Member
No no you don't have too. Let's just stick with our agreement, $20 or ¥1000 card. You don't need to double it or anything dude. Don't worry about that. Just enjoy PS+ and just get back to me at your convience

Thanks!

At least you get to enjoy 20 buck-ish Tales of Xillia.

...WHILE I HAVE TO BUY IT AT 39.99!

:(

*grumble grumble*

Also, surprised that one of the best PS2 games ever that I have played, Crimson Butterfly, is available to download and with such a cheaaaap price too! Wowza.

Vita port with no cross buy incoming.

RalchAC

If you use Naoto you can nuke them all in one go with a charged almighty spell. I ended up playing a lot of end game battles that way because I became too lazy to select attacks for everyone each turn.

Maybe you'll call me silly but... I don't have Mind Charge with Naoto. I had with him: Agidyne, Garudyne, Ma and Mudoon, Ma and Hamaon, Megidolaon and it's ultimate skill.

But yes, I had a Persona late in the game only for Gold Hands. Naoto and Yu spamming Megidolaon + Chie spamming Agnesyestra make things easier (my team is those 3 and Yukiko). Unless for some reason Gold Hands start with the evading everything I throw at them. I understand those enemies are made to be a hassle, that's the reason they give you that much experience/money, but I hate when they evade 8 consecutive times!

Chie's upgraded Persona looks awesome.

Chie's last Persona is even better (every character has three). And his ultimate skill is awesome. Superior girl gets superior Persona, I guess
(come to me, Rise fans! xD

Shengar

My Ys package is arrived. So much content for just $78. When I'm about to play it, jsut realized that I still have Muramasa in the card clot. Gonna plow through dem backlog first I guess D:

killatopak

Gold Member
I have an old icon of Soul Sacrifice on my Vita. Is it okay for me to download SS again on the PSN? It won't overwrite my saves or anything right? The icon is from my physical cartridge but it doesn't have an online pass so I was thinking of DLing it.

Too soon... The reaper's level 85 iirc.

Reaper always scares the ever loving shit out of me in Persona games - my first run-in was an accidental fight in P3P
at a real low level before I knew about the chain noise
and he obliterated me. I run like a screaming baby to a different floor in P4G
when he rattles his chain
. I haven't fought him yet in P4G by the way. He's a right bastard.

Fear the Reaper.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
How long does this months ps+ offerings usually last? I'm trying to redeem a 1 year ps+ today, but psn is not cooperating.

i.e does gravity rush ps+ offering disappear december 1st?

Gaz_RB

Any beginner tips for Soul Sacrifice? Wiki wasn't really very helpful, and I'm struggling to get a handle on how it all works.

I just got to the end of the Sorcerer's Ordeal where you fight the chick and she is beating my ass.

Good for future reference, thanks! How did you wash it off in the end?
Enjoy Tearaway. Enjoy it like a fine wine :)

I washed it off with the cleansing power of water! Just a damp cloth haha.
And I will- I'm taking it very slow. Taking time to take pictures, explore, and spending a lot of time on the decorations. It's a fantastic game.

Famassu

How long does this months ps+ offerings usually last? I'm trying to redeem a 1 year ps+ today, but psn is not cooperating.

i.e does gravity rush ps+ offering disappear december 1st?

Apparently they aren't replacing Gravity Rush & Uncharted as their more permanent PS+ offerings yet, so you should be fine.

Shengar

Any beginner tips for Soul Sacrifice? Wiki wasn't really very helpful, and I'm struggling to get a handle on how it all works.

I just got to the end of the Sorcerer's Ordeal where you fight the chick and she is beating my ass.

Yeah, I need some tips too. I wanna beat Slime unscathed but doing it in small area make it hard to pull off since I can't avoid that fucking sweep attack. Even with Elf Queen Feather I still can't avoid the fucking thing. Is there any tips to avoid slime sweep attack?

For Sortiara, I managed to beat her with two, well landed grave clod. I usually try to get close at her, then waiting for her to use root attack since it is easy to avoid even by rolling forward. The I cast Grave Clod, if she's not teleporting, then she probably gonna use her roar attack to back you off to distance. But at that point, usually my grave clod landed first and cancel her attack.

nampad

The Muramasa and Killzone deals are super tempting. My hands are full with Tearaway and Ys, plus the fact that there's a very high chance of Killzone being free on PS+ is making me hesitant to take the plunge though.

I'll never get this. Killzone just released and it is Sony's biggest release for the Vita. It will come to PS+, yes, but you probably have to wait a good while for it. They won't give it away as a monthly which would be the soonest at the holiday season next year. They will probably give it away as a yearly title and I don't see it being part of the next yearly IGC update either so you have to wait for the following one.

Either you are very patient or you have unrealistic expectations. I respect the former but can only shake my head at the latter.

I washed it off with the cleansing power of water! Just a damp cloth haha.
And I will- I'm taking it very slow. Taking time to take pictures, explore, and spending a lot of time on the decorations. It's a fantastic game.

Did you use normal or whitening toothpaste?

Moobabe

I'll never get this. Killzone just released and it is Sony's biggest release for the Vita. It will come to PS+, yes, but you probably have to wait a good while for it. They won't give it away as a monthly which would be the soonest at the holiday season next year. They will probably give it away as a yearly title and I don't see it being part of the next yearly IGC update either so you have to wait for the following one.

Either you are very patient or you have unrealistic expectations. I respect the former but can only shake my head at the latter.

He's right - the big Vita bundles are Tearaway, Killzone and those mega bundles. Neither Killzone or Tearaway will be free on PS+ for 6+ months - and both are pretty darn good (Tearaway is better)

Number45

Couldn't even finish it :/
I didn't even get close. Maybe the second or third area in before I called it a day. The game is completely devoid of atmosphere and personality.

There's nothing really wrong with the gameplay, but there's no compelling reason to play it for me.

I didn't even get close. Maybe the second or third area in before I called it a day. The game is completely devoid of atmosphere and personality.

There's nothing really wrong with the gameplay, but there's no compelling reason to play it for me.

Yeah, I think I was in the third world, didn't have any fun at all :(

Elvick

Banned
Playing The Amazing Spider-Man, already played (and platinum'd) the game on PS3 and really enjoyed it.

Runs surprisingly well, though some framerate drops in some missions while it saves and of course some in the open world, but it's still really fun.

Environments are relatively ugly though, but the open world has a lot more going on in it than I thought it would. I thought they'd remove a lot. Still plenty of people and cars around, and still tons of trees in the parks. Though pop-in is crazy.

Still, it's impressive. Really makes me want an inFamous on PS Vita even more. D; (and makes me even more bummed TAS2 isn't coming to Vita, though I'm sure if it did at the same time it'd be a 3DS port... so hopefully a year later. :p)

I wish they remade Grim Grimoire for Vita - touchscreen would really help with controls in there.
I wish they'd make all their games on PS Vita.

Yeah, I think I was in the third world, didn't have any fun at all :(
*shrug* I loved Sly 4.

Top Bottom