• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | November 2013 | Tearaway into a new world

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Grabbed Killzone at GameStop. I was going to grab Jak & Daxter, but I figured I should spend that money on Tearaway and another year of PS+.

E: Top of page - buy Ys because it's amazing. And I hear Tearaway is worth your money. Hell, buy both and you get $10 back from PSN! It's like they WANT you to buy good games!

Aytrial

Despite no sale on them in the EU, I bought every Ys game I could. Then I setup a new Ys HD wallpaper on my Vita and now I stare at my new collection, worth every penny.

Should I start from Ys 1 and 2 and work my way up? I heard order doesn't matter?

Honestly, start with Felghana or Seven.

Ys 1 & 2 are archaic and may set your expectations wrong for the rest of the series.

By the way, if anyone has suggestions for next month's subtitle, I could use 'em. All the ones I can think of are pretty lame.

RalchAC

Ys 1 & 2 are archaic and may set your expectations wrong for the rest of the series.

But then it'll be even worse when he plays them. If I was him, I'll play the clunkiest fist. It's kinda cool seeing how a franchise evolves, too :)

TheChaos0

By the way, if anyone has suggestions for next month's subtitle, I could use 'em. All the ones I can think of are pretty lame.

But then it'll be even worse when he plays them. If I was him, I'll play the clunkiest fist. It's kinda cool seeing how a franchise evolves, too :)

I agree with that. Also Ys Chronicles is a lot of fun, the soundtrack is godly and the games are not very long. I think 1 only took me 10 hours and 2 a bit longer than that. Ys 1 final boss... was something else though.. urgh

Guess I could have made some better choices. Grabbed my year of ps + and rayman legends from gs and amazon. Could have gotten them from psn and I would have been only 10 short of the deal going on.

Rayman Legends bought @$18.

Even if I buy Ys, it will only put me at $58. I will be just 3.02 from getting $10 back... decisions, decisions.

I'm open to suggestions here.

NomadFH

Neo Member
Just bought Ys:MOC and started it off on nightmare because I'm a boss. Just finished beating the first boss and I realize that I am not a boss, but I will continue anyway.

Just an OT: My VITA just died.
USB/Power cable smokes when plugged to a USB port.
Vita is just dead (battery or short circuit, I don't know) and I'm not sure... what should I do ?
It's just 30 days old.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Just bought Ys:MOC and started it off on nightmare because I'm a boss. Just finished beating the first boss and I realize that I am not a boss, but I will continue anyway.

I feel like Nightmare is great for NG+. I'm not good enough at the series to jump right into Nightmare.

Flandy

No, it's really not. It's one of those series that everyone hypes up but just doesn't deliver. I'm glad I finally let Cyborg009 convince me to try out VLR, since Ace Attorney pretty much had me disregarding the entire genre of visual novel type games.

I thought you were cool ;___;

Also, if anyone wants to pick up Killzone for $20 at gamestop and they're out of stock. Get a gamestop ad and head over to the nearest Walmart and ask for a price match. I price matched Bioshock Infinite at walmart when gamestop ran out lol.

Sweet, going to buy Legends.

Also, how do you guys manage your saves/content? Is it easy to do via PC?

PS+ for saves.
Don't bother with anything else. If I delete a game, I just redownload it and then load the save for PS+.

I thought you were cool ;___;

I still think you're cool, so there!

The developer is sucks.

Stick it to the man?

That's a good suggestion, I was interested in that game. Vita version isn't out though, right? I'd consider Terraria if we knew it would be crossbuy.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
PS+ for saves.
Don't bother with anything else. If I delete a game, I just redownload it and then load the save for PS+.

That's a good suggestion, I was interested in that game. Vita version isn't out though, right? I'd consider Terraria if we knew it would be crossbuy.

So if I have PS+, are my saves automatically sync'd?

cyborg009

Banned
You guys are getting Ys Celceta or not? I don't see any talking here.

It has a OT.

PS+ for saves.

I think when Vita version comes out you get it free.

Diebuster

What do you guys think of Kung Fu Rabbit? I'm considering it since the current $2.49 sale price will put me just over the $60 threshold.

AmanoBuff

I don't know about a full subtitle, but make sure it includes either "Praise be to Yevon!" or "YuRiPa" somewhere. ;)

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I'm digital only

fail :(

love the Ys 7 combat engine but my Vita backlog is nuts... plus Witcher 2 360 is on sale for $7.50 on Monday so i'm good on RPG gaming for a while.

I remember you complaining about Vita lack of games (or it was someone else with a similar avatar... or I'm getting crazy) now they put Ys and don't show you support. :/

anyway... just support this game Vita kittens, older Vita games can wait and wont really effect Vita 3rd party support. but if you guys want new games and want more games to get localizations by Xseed and others buy the game.

So if I have PS+, are my saves automatically sync'd?

Yes, you can set it to auto sync each game that's "installed" on your vita. Carts need to be in the slot to move the save most times though.

I think when Vita version comes out you get it free.

Yeah, it is cross-buy. I'd like to let PSN/Sony/Developer know that I bought it for the Vita version though... it's a thought though.

What do you guys think of Kung Fu Rabbit? I'm considering it since the current $2.49 sale price will put me just over the $60 threshold.

It's surprisingly difficult a times. A bit reminiscent of Super Meat Boy but not quite as fast/challenging. I thought it was worth the $2.50.

I'll agree. You should use the card slot for something. Mine gives me an extra 3.1gb or so because I don't have to put Killzone on my 64gb card.

Speaking of Ys. Can I play the new one without playing the others first?
I don't want to have to play through the 4 games I have on Steam before I can start this one if I pony up the $40 for it.

killatopak

Gold Member
Lol. Nice, but too pessimistic I think, hehe.

Maybe just reference something to Tidus awkward laugh? :D

Wakka- "Du-u-u-u-de! Our game is gonna rock, ya?"

Maybe something along the lines of "SON OF A SHOOPUFF!"?
Speaking of Ys. Can I play the new one without playing the others first?
I don't want to have to play through the 4 games I have on Steam before I can start this one if I pony up the $40 for it.
You can. Oath and Seven can be played as stand alone and I enjoyed them both without knowing the other exist. There's no reason MoC won't be the same.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I remember you complaining about Vita lack of games (or it was someone else with a similar avatar... or I'm getting crazy) now they put Ys and don't show you support. :/.

complaining about Vita? are you sure you aren't thinking of yourself?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Yes, you can set it to auto sync each game that's "installed" on your vita. Carts need to be in the slot to move the save most times though.

Thanks.

Also, getting my $60 with Legends, Ys Chronicles, Ys: Oath of Felghana, and (when the deal goes live?) the year of PS+. I can't seem to get that $30 deal to pop up. It's not gone, is it?

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
When does tge 30$ ps+ deal go live on psn?

Are there any good digital psn sales? Really wish killzone was on sale digital :( , one of the few times im sad to be 100% digital

RalchAC

Shit, I was looking for some collectibles in Tearaway and just happened the worst posible outcome... in one area I don't find the last piece of confetti. And those things are really tiny.

It's really fun! Levels that are really short but progressively harder and harder, and a decent length. Totally worth $2.50!

What games will be released this December? Maybe I could think of a few.

In North America, from what I remember:

Dec. 3: Rainbow Moon
Dec. 3: Terraria
Dec. 3: Stick It To The Man
Dec. 10: Sorcery Saga
Dec. 10: Doki-Doki Universe
Dec. 17: Indoor Sport World

We also know that OlliOlli is coming sometime in the month, but the developer hasn't said when just yet.

All in all, not a bad month, considering it's December.

fade_

So I just got a vita for 150 a and a 8th card for 10 to start witb. Did I do good GAF? My ps4 and vita ps plus games I've been hording should keep me busy.

Tizoc

Oooh, so I can wait and choose stuff on the 3rd. Excellent. Thanks.

Anyone have any $5.99 NA PSX suggestions?
I know Vagrant Story was that price, but that doesn't seem like my kind of game.
Open to suggestions. :)

Depends on what genre you like TBH There are some decent Disney platformer games, otherwise there are jRPGs like Breath of Fire 4.

Top Bottom