• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | November 2013 | Tearaway into a new world

Just ordered a 64GB memory card from Nippon yasan, really hope I don't end up paying customs.

Top of the page: Buy Tearaway, and if you're in the US; buy Ys as well

Tizoc

I'll just upload my saves, and download everything on the new card, my internet is fast enough

That's what I plan on doing also. Basically back up PSP and PSX save data to PC, erase everything, plug in dat 64 GB, then realize you STILL don't have enough space for everything.

Skyzard

Banned
^ you probably won't but it's still a nice upgrade :)

I'll just upload my saves, and download everything on the new card, my internet is fast enough

Much better...except for dealing with the download list but yeah should save a lot of time.

Really does make you less worried about actually buying games without having to say goodbye to as many games that you really still want on there or would otherwise never bother with.

Manac0r

I too ordered a 64Gb just now, time to get rid of my 32Gb and 8Gb. Although keeping them as back up might not be a terrible idea. I'm in UK, if I get stung by customs what am I looking at? Anyone with experience?

RpgN

What a shitty EU sale :(

The Christmas sale might be legit since they're going to offer 12 vita games (not psp) alongside ps3 games.

Although knowing them, I'd still be weary and not expect too much, but maybe this time...Let's hope we'll have a decent sale this time.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Just ordered a 64GB memory card from Nippon yasan, really hope I don't end up paying customs.

Top of the page: Buy Tearaway, and if you're in the US; buy Ys as well
I've ordered quite a few figures from them and never have. Maybe I'm just lucky.

Media Markt is shit (I've seen what they offer in their web page), FNAC.es was between 5 and 10 euros more expensive than Amazon / Shop4es (place where I buy games online) so the 20% discounts just put the games at the same prices as those two places. The only interesting thing in FNAC is that they are selling 50€ PSN cards for 42 euros.

It doesn't look as if GAME has any offers for BF, so GameStop is my last hope. In the worst case I may bite on of those cards. But everything is kinda disapointing after the good offers they did last year...

Thanks for the report. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that there's nothing particularly spectacular.

It's funny how secondhand games tend to be more expensive than new copies you can order from stores in Europe, to say nothing of new games. "Yeah, game shops, we have a much lower standard of living than the UK, gouge us with prices twice as high, that makes sense". Then act surprised when nofuckinbody buys a damn thing from you, and blame piracy.

joe2187

Banned
DIdnt one of you guys say you fixed a scratched screen with toothpaste?

can you run me through how you did it? I got a few I need to get rid of.

Gaz_RB

DIdnt one of you guys say you fixed a scratched screen with toothpaste?

can you run me through how you did it? I got a few I need to get rid of.

haha that was me. My scratch wasn't very deep, so YMMV depending on the scratches.

Basically followed this video using the toothpaste option: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmUZ-POzpsg

Make sure the toothpaste is the kind he's talking about. No gel. I mixed it with a little baking soda solution as well. Used a microfiber cloth to apply it in circular motions (with my heart beating like crazy because I expected to create giant circular scratches). Do it for a minute or two, then let it sit. (Letting it sit is important for some reason, as the first time I did it, I didn't let it sit and it didn't work). Then with a damp microfiber cloth clean it off. If it's still there, try it again I guess. Doesn't seem to hurt it from what I can tell, touch screen and everything still works and there's no visual issues on the screen.

Hope this helps, good luck!

ohlawd

k opened the Vita I got early. HALP with this bad boy.

Friend is telling me to kill the battery completely then charge? >_>
Google isn't yielding any results.

k opened the Vita I got early. HALP with this bad boy.

Friend is telling me to kill the battery completely then charge? >_>
Google isn't yielding any results.

Turn on and play.
These arent batteries from the 90s.
I turned mine on on the way back from store and the battery is just as good as day1

hey guys,

soon to be a new vita owner here. dumb question: if i start playing a game on a 4gb card and get a 16gb down the road, can i transfer my save from one to the other? I assume the answer is yes, but I've been playing a lot of Nintendo games lately and don't want to assume too much.

thanks!

Gaz_RB

hey guys,

soon to be a new vita owner here. dumb question: if i start playing a game on a 4gb card and get a 16gb down the road, can i transfer my save from one to the other? I assume the answer is yes, but I've been playing a lot of Nintendo games lately and don't want to assume too much.

thanks!

Yeah you can use your PC to transfer the saves, or I think if you have PS+ you can use the cloud.

hey guys,

thanks!
Through PC or ps+ cloud.

Everything you wish nintendo did, sony did do on vita is a pretty good rule of thumb

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
To upload save data to the cloud of physical titles, do you need the cart inserted?

E: Reason being, I can't upload my Ragnarok Odyssey save to the cloud? Also, PSP games...Are those save files always stored on your card even after you delete the game?

wilflare

to-buy list

64GB
Ys Celceta Digital (really thinking of this since I have the Physical CE)
Tearaway (just waiting for the Store)
Ys PSP games
maybe more PS+

what else guys, the flash sale is kinda disappointing

Redhood

To upload save data to the cloud of physical titles, do you need the cart inserted?

E: Reason being, I can't upload my Ragnarok Odyssey save to the cloud? Also, PSP games...Are those save files always stored on your card even after you delete the game?
This happens when the game saves in the cart itself as in mortal kombat, jak and daxter etc. Have no idea about ragnarok

Edgeward

Finally, made a Black Friday vita purchase with the flash sale since it offered Rayman Legends at a lower price. So digital and cheap. Oh joy.

So I finally got around to trying the PS3 remote play on Vita...uh...is there anything you can actually play remotely? Everything just tells me to bugger off.

Aytrial

Now I'm tempted to just have the subtitle as "/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\" to see how many people get confused by the reference.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Now I'm tempted to just have the subtitle as "/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\" to see how many people get confused by the reference.
Have they released any footage of that game? All I've seen are screenshots and can't help but feel like it's a cheap movie cash-in

Gaz_RB

Not really. It's super-grindy, and it'd be a mediocre-looking PSP game.

That said, 2+2=5 had some much more positive impressions earlier this month (or possibly last month), so if you want a pro point of view, he's your guy.

Hm, that's probably good. I've already got enough vita games to last me until the end of time as it is.

Top Bottom