• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who did not watch/are not going to watch the PC game presser:

Warframe new game mode is a soccer/blitzball/all others sports where teams shoot something into a goal pvp thing with no killing it seems.

Free promo code for a new skin, red and black. "PCGAMESHOW2016" (I think) at Warframe's code redeem section on their site. No new frame or weapons shown this time.

I have a Warframe PC booster pack to give away from the recent Humble Bundle. It includes

75 Platinum, non-tradeable
7-Day Affinity Booster
7-Day Credit Booster
7-Day Resource Booster

I don't know what these things mean but somebody here can probably use it. Just PM me!

I have a Warframe PC booster pack to give away from the recent Humble Bundle. It includes

75 Platinum, non-tradeable
7-Day Affinity Booster
7-Day Credit Booster
7-Day Resource Booster

I don't know what these things mean but somebody here can probably use it. Just PM me!

pm'd!

Going to start the grind for Vauban tonight now that the sports competition is done for my school.Finally got time to play.../ desire to take a night or so off of Overwatch lol.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I meant to post this here and ended up posting it in a another Warframe thread.

edit: here's the post.

so I bought a pc with these specs for 800 bucks and I'm wondering if I can run this game at 1080p and 60fps maxed.

Intel i5-6600K Quad Core 3.5 GHz Processor (3.9GHz with Turbo) | 120MM Liquid Cooling | Z170 Motherboard for Overclocking
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2GB Dedicated Gaming Video Card
8GB DDR4 Memory | 1TB 7200RPM Hard Drive

I'm specially curious on how it'll perform on demanding maps like odd/ods, void survival and draco, all with a full team.

I played the shit out of the ps4 version, but it's obvious that the poor console can't handle the game well, performance went to shit on those maps and it made me stop playing until I could get a good pc.

I meant to post this here and ended up posting it in a another Warframe thread.

edit: here's the post.

so I bought a pc with these specs for 800 bucks and I'm wondering if I can run this game at 1080p and 60fps maxed.

Intel i5-6600K Quad Core 3.5 GHz Processor (3.9GHz with Turbo) | 120MM Liquid Cooling | Z170 Motherboard for Overclocking
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2GB Dedicated Gaming Video Card
8GB DDR4 Memory | 1TB 7200RPM Hard Drive

I'm specially curious on how it'll perform on demanding maps like odd/ods, void survival and draco, all with a full team.

I played the shit out of the ps4 version, but it's obvious that the poor console can't handle the game well, performance went to shit on those maps and it made me stop playing until I could get a good pc.

your computer is more than enough.

i'm currently running on a Ivy Bridge with a 7850 graphics card and its usually 60 for me (with some drops to the 40s when things get hectic) in 1080p

The game will run decent on lower spec machines (i had it on my work laptop at some point just to test) and they will usually try to make it as efficient as possible when they do updates.

Error

thanks for the reply, good to know. I know the game is hella optimized and that it can run on ancient hw decently. Evolution engine is pretty damn amazing. I just wanted to know if those specs could run the game at 1080p at a constant 60fps with vsync on and all settings maxed, specially on those maps I mentioned. So it's nice to know that it can.

I'll probably be looking to join the Warframe PC gaf-clan when my pc arrives. I'll have to start from scratch which sucks a bit (had Frost Prime and Nova Prime on my ps4 account, I wish DE would allow account transfer from PS4 to PC but it seems that's impossible. Oh well.)

New major update, Specters of the Rail is here!

YMVXfyw.jpg

Official forum post

It's a big one. Contains a rework of the starchart, space cat pets, reworked Archwing flight model and more...

~4 GB

VandalD

Some impressions:

- The market looks more pay to win. You have to click warframes or weapons that have a platinum cost on top of them in order to get to the blueprint you can buy for credits. This will certainly confuse or turn off more people than the previous market.

- The archwing camera tilting is annoying at best, with seemingly no button to normalize it. It's nice that when you stop pressing a direction, you don't keep drifting in that direction, but you also can't swiftly turn while using your boosters. Feels like there's a lot of drift.

- Being able to see how to get all the prime parts is great - except for the fact that some of them appear to be missing from all of the drop tables, most notably the recently unvaulted items. Maybe I'm missing a relic that drops them, but I'm pretty sure I had at least one of every key before this update.

- Letting us choose our upgrade at the end of a void tear is a pretty good idea, but you better keep notes on what you don't have, and what's rare and you want to prioritize, because you have a timer to pick before the end of the mission and your choice is locked in. And the game does not tell you what you already own while you're picking.

- You can do void tears with people in public that don't bring their own relics, while they get to benefit from you bringing yours. And when forming groups there's apparently no way to check if someone has a relic that you want to group up and farm with. This was bad with keysharing. I expect it'll be worse now.

- If you hated nullifiers before, they found a way for you to hate them more.

- The new star map looks form over function. The nodes are tiny and manage to give less information on a glance than the map they just replaced, aside from the question of "how do I get to this planet?"

- I lost a MR somehow. Logged in with my bar filled but can't take the test yet. Probably related to the star map rework, but I already had every node completed before.

- Archwings and archwing weapons now have slots that you have to buy. If you crafted a bunch of stuff already, you still have those slots. Not exactly a way to turn people onto the mode.

- Dark sectors are gone. No more easy credits, I suppose. They were helpful for funding me when I was a new player, but I understand why they're gone. It just doesn't seem like anything is there to replace them.

Overall, I wouldn't say I'm disappointed, but a lot more work needs to be done. I'm surprised they put this out so close to their convention. I'm curious if this will convert archwing haters to people who want to play it. I've gone from liking archwing is a side thing to do every now and then, to it being something that has pretty well turned me off on initial impression.

DE Steve posted on Reddit about the update.

We should have held it back 100%. Sometimes we have an immovable deadline (almost always a marketing promotion) and it twists up our priorities. It shouldn't but it does. Our QA is not at fault and did their best given the unreasonable scope and time. Your rant is spot on and the only thing we can do now is make it right.

Sorry for the mess. :(

I haven't been able to touch the update yet with my internet being so shit. Sounds like it's a good thing. I kinda can't believe they went to Tennocon with the update in this state.

Reformatted my PC and haven't reinstalled Warframe yet.

Looking at impressions and reddit for SotR, sounds like I can afford waiting a while longer.

Can't wait for the next big quest, though :)

Maledict

Decided to give this a go on the PC with the new patch. I was previously a Ps4 player, but am so bad at fps games with console controllers it always felt a chore (I literally couldn't use bow class weapons at all). The game feels a hell of a lot better than it did on the ps4, but I'm left with a number of questions:

1) is the PC community doing okay? The ps4 Thread seems to have a much higher number of players.

2) reading on the changes, seems like this isn't the best time to start playing fresh right now. I'm presuming my best bet is just to work towards unlocking all the planets as normal and doing the quests as they appear? Is there anything in particular I should be working towards or doing as a brand new player?

3) the games biggest problem as a new player isn't the confusing UI, the maps, etc. It's other players. As a new player doing the first post-tutorial missions on earth you end up being matched with high level players who complete the map in minutes. I'm left literally running through an empty level desperately chasing other players I can see far in the distance. This is a *really* bad experience for new players.

In terms of spending rl cash, is there anything that I should be prioritising if I wanted to spend money? I'm levelling up my little Excalibur frame, but are there any frames / weapons in particular I might consider?

Cheers!

VandalD

Decided to give this a go on the PC with the new patch. I was previously a Ps4 player, but am so bad at fps games with console controllers it always felt a chore (I literally couldn't use bow class weapons at all). The game feels a hell of a lot better than it did on the ps4, but I'm left with a number of questions:

1) is the PC community doing okay? The ps4 Thread seems to have a much higher number of players.

2) reading on the changes, seems like this isn't the best time to start playing fresh right now. I'm presuming my best bet is just to work towards unlocking all the planets as normal and doing the quests as they appear? Is there anything in particular I should be working towards or doing as a brand new player?

3) the games biggest problem as a new player isn't the confusing UI, the maps, etc. It's other players. As a new player doing the first post-tutorial missions on earth you end up being matched with high level players who complete the map in minutes. I'm left literally running through an empty level desperately chasing other players I can see far in the distance. This is a *really* bad experience for new players.

In terms of spending rl cash, is there anything that I should be prioritising if I wanted to spend money? I'm levelling up my little Excalibur frame, but are there any frames / weapons in particular I might consider?

Cheers!
From the Steam stats page right now, there are 30,000 people in game, and that's just the ones running the Steam launcher. Good amount of people, I'd say. This may be the worst time to start fresh, unfortunately. You can have very tough alerts or invasions in the way of your progression, or not enough of them to fulfill junction unlocks. Right now, I don't think there's a way to click a node and just do the regular mission there, not the alert/invasion/syndicate/sortie that may be there.

And you're right, they've made it so veterans have junction objectives to unlock, so you're much more likely these days to get joined by a high level player just blowing everything away, if you play on public matchmaking. I had the same problem two years ago when I started playing again, and it led to me just doing a lot of solo when I couldn't play with friends. And now at this point, I could be that guy, but if I want to just run through a low level map automatically killing everything, I go solo.

If you're looking to spend money, try to wait until you get a % off platinum coupon when you log in. As a new player, I would prioritize warframe and weapon slots. It's probably also worth buying an Orokin Reactor for Excalibur, as he's a great starter warframe that can take you through even high level missions when properly modded. You could just simply buy a warframe, weapon, or whatever with platinum, but I would say they're not worth it, and anything you can find on the market that isn't a cosmetic is something you can get the materials for and craft yourself.

If I were to start over, the first things I'd aim for are the Rhino warframe from Venus's assassination mission, and I would get a Lex secondary weapon as soon as possible, and also a Galatine. If you don't like heavy, slow weapons though, you can ignore the Galatine. Rhino can teach newbies bad habits in relying on his Iron Skin too much, but there's simply no denying Rhino's versatility and survivability even without mods. When I wanted to just get shit done as a newer player, I went to Rhino. Though this is partly because I picked Mag as my starter, and Mag is very squishy.

I remember what it was like to look at the market, see all those weird looking weapons, the names that don't help at all, and wonder "well what the hell do I even aim for now?" But really, just play, get resources, craft what you can and just try things out. You'll want to hit rank 30 with anything you get to raise your overall Mastery Rank anyway.

Error

Is there a gaf clan?

I'd like an invite. Just stsrted playing around. Everything at 60fps, even with 3 others no framerate drops. So sweet. I was MR12 in the ps4 version, but I feel like a noob with the kb/m control scheme.

Error

Sorry to ask the same question again, but I'd like to join a clan. If there's a gaf clan than that'd be perfect, if not then can anyone recommend a good clan to join or at least one that I could get an invite to?

I love the game but it feels lonely right now without any clan, and with the new Void Fissure system, to farm for prime stuff it's better to coordinate with people than to play with randoms.

Sorry to ask the same question again, but I'd like to join a clan. If there's a gaf clan than that'd be perfect, if not then can anyone recommend a good clan to join or at least one that I could get an invite to?

I love the game but it feels lonely right now without any clan, and with the new Void Fissure system, to farm for prime stuff it's better to coordinate with people than to play with randoms.

GAF does have a clan but i'm not sure if its full as yet.

IIRC you can pm Artistdude88 to send an invite (thats if he reinstalled WF)

GAF does have a clan but i'm not sure if its full as yet.

IIRC you can pm Artistdude88 to send an invite (thats if he reinstalled WF)

Last I knew he hadn't. I told him about Error a few days ago. The alternative would be for Error to join the GB clan to be part of the alliance. I know we have some people who haven't been logged in for 100+ days that we can cull.

I'm not happy with the devs right now. Hey we're not going to phase out old parts and put the new ones into relics, we're going to make you farm ALL NEW relics instead. Which no one will have, with no way to directly get at them or influence your chances at getting the relics you want.

Death sentence for me as a solo player for getting any of the new Prime stuff. Grind is bad enough for me with the stupid Void Traces thing to even have a chance at rare parts.

Error

I'll appreciate any invite, I just want to join a clan to have some people to play with and not just randoms. My game handle is error2k7.

thanks in advance.

Plop.

Any room for me back in the Clan ? It's svenminoda in game.

I got a promo code and tons of plat, so what the hell, after a year of break, I'm back in the game.

I missed you guys, Saav, Ucanseethis, Metalshade, MightKAC, Nox... Still playing ?

MightyKAC

Plop.

I got a promo code and tons of plat, so what the hell, after a year of break, I'm back in the game.

I missed you guys, Saav, Ucanseethis, Metalshade, MightKAC, Nox... Still playing ?

I'm not on as much as I used to be but I still got you fam,

Invite sent,

Welcome back.

Error

fans of endless missions are going apeshit in the official forums.

Personally I wasnt fan, it wasn't challenging to me IMO, it was just boring as fuck. specially when you were interested in a prime part that was part of rotacion c having sludge through that shit for 20 minutes only for the game to give you a shitty prime part you didn't need and then having to do another 20 minutes to get a chance at getting the part you want, just took the winds out of my sails. The grind was horrible imo.

the challenge came from enemies stats increasing as the grind went on, not because the game suddenly changed mechanics, basically bullets sponges became even bigger bullets sponges.

not everyone has time for that kind of grind.

I like the new relic system, it offers variety and with coordination you can get the part you want fairly easy without having to go through that dreadful grind.

but some people in those forums prefer the old movement system over parkour 2.0, so I guess there are all kinds of crazies there.

Sajjaja

fans of endless missions are going apeshit in the official forums.

Personally I wasnt fan, it wasn't challenging to me IMO, it was just boring as fuck. specially when you were interested in a prime part that was part of rotacion c having sludge through that shit for 20 minutes only for the game to give you a shitty prime part you didn't need and then having to do another 20 minutes to get a chance at getting the part you want, just took the winds out of my sails. The grind was horrible imo.

the challenge came from enemies stats increasing as the grind went on, not because the game suddenly changed mechanics, basically bullets sponges became even bigger bullets sponges.

not everyone has time for that kind of grind.

I like the new relic system, it offers variety and with coordination you can get the part you want fairly easy without having to go through that dreadful grind.

but some people in those forums prefer the old movement system over parkour 2.0, so I guess there are all kinds of crazies there.

Oh? What changed? Part of the reason why I stopped playing is because of that grind became monotonous.

Error

Oh? What changed? Part of the reason why I stopped playing is because of that grind became monotonous.

I'm also interested, what happened to endless survival ?

they reworked the void grind for prime parts now. they spawn on random locations in the solar map, and in different missions. so for instance one could spawn at a extermination mission, or a survival.

They are called void fissures now, and once they spawn in the planet node, you can play it over and over until the fissure is closed. Usually lasts 1 or 2 hours before it moves to another place in the solar map.

the way they work now is that when a fissure is open, it corrupts any enemy in the vicinity plus the usual orokin faction baddies show up. when you kill enough they drop reactants, collect ten of these to receive a reward at the end of the mission. you can now select the reward from other players, for instance if i got a soma prime stock, and someone else got a vauban prime bp, I can select this reward and ignore mine. So with 4 people receiving different rewards, there's a bigger chance of getting the stuff you want if you coordinate with other players.

Void Keys were replaced with Relics which is what you use now, they work similarly, but relics can be upgraded with a currency that drops during Void Fissures runs. By upgrading the relics, you can increase the chances of getting the rarer stuff.

there's still a bit of a grind specially when you want to get enough of these relics, but this system adds variety to this grind to make it more interesting, at least. Also if you are playing a survival mission while doing a Void Fissure run, you can still get the rewards from the survival like you would normally.

Plop.

I just reinstalled the game the other night, haha!

I built Inaros a few days ago and I have fallen in love with the warframe. I love the unique mechanic of high hp, but no shields. At first I wondered how on earth it would work, as HP can't be replenished as easily as shields.

But boy have I found playing Inaros fun. Nothing is more fun than devouring a bursa or an eximus bombard, or some other usually nasty enemy. The bleedout mechanic is also really, really fun. I have only tried it vs lvl 20 enemies, but as long as you die in middle of a crowd (the place I usually die in anyway), I'll be able to resurrect by myself.

I don't have the damage abilities other frames have, but I love the pure tankiness & CC Inaros is capable of.

Also, Inaros is amazing in nightmare missions.

VandalD

Got the Akstiletto Prime recently. By far my favorite dual wield secondary. Huge status chance, good crit chance, doesn't fire way too fast for its own good, and also sounds pretty great. Highly recommended. Gonna have to throw some forma on it to make it more awesome.

I built Inaros a few days ago and I have fallen in love with the warframe. I love the unique mechanic of high hp, but no shields. At first I wondered how on earth it would work, as HP can't be replenished as easily as shields.

But boy have I found playing Inaros fun. Nothing is more fun than devouring a bursa or an eximus bombard, or some other usually nasty enemy. The bleedout mechanic is also really, really fun. I have only tried it vs lvl 20 enemies, but as long as you die in middle of a crowd (the place I usually die in anyway), I'll be able to resurrect by myself.

I don't have the damage abilities other frames have, but I love the pure tankiness & CC Inaros is capable of.

Also, Inaros is amazing in nightmare missions.
Inaros is ridiculously tanky. You can use a dog or a cat with him that have Armor Link and Health Link on them and they'll also be ridiculously tanky. You can give Inaros a dagger with Covert Lethality and he can also kill just about anything. You can put Rage on Inaros for near infinite energy, letting you use channeling and Life Strike almost constantly if you don't want to use his huge AOE blind to heal.

His 2 is kind of crap, in that all it really offers is the invincibility while you're devouring. You tend not to be able to devour something that would actually help you in a fight, and Inaros has better ways to heal. And his 3 is just pointless in my experience. The downed mechanic only works in higher levels where you might need it if you have other players to help kill things around you, so it's not so great solo in a sortie or something.

But yeah, Inaros is pretty amazing. He's the only one of the tanks that has huge natural tankiness. Sure, his 4 adds a lot of armor, but without it, he's nowhere near as squishy as a Rhino, Chroma, Wukong, or Valkyr is without their respective buffs that make them survivors.

Inaros has heard of these nightmare missions, but isn't quite sure he's been in them before. Health drain? No shields? Vampire mode? That's every mission.

Tendo

I haven't played since 2013 and I have random missions on the starmap unlocked. I'm just kind of randomly trying to clear all missions on a planet while farming for Rhino. Am I doing that right? just try to clear all planet objects while farming for the gear I want? I got the Frost pack with some platinum I for some reason had, so that is fun.

This game has improved a lot since I last played!

sophora

I haven't played since 2013 and I have random missions on the starmap unlocked. I'm just kind of randomly trying to clear all missions on a planet while farming for Rhino. Am I doing that right? just try to clear all planet objects while farming for the gear I want? I got the Frost pack with some platinum I for some reason had, so that is fun.

I'd say completing all the missions on a planet is an important thing to get out of the way, since it'll unlock that node for future dynamic missions to appear at that node for you. There should be at least one "Junction" node that has a list of further objectives to complete that will reward you with additional quests, ship upgrades, items, and/or blueprints.

The very first thing you should do is clear Earth's junction requirements. That will unlock the current Void system so you can farm for Prime parts when you want.

Clearing all missions might be a bit too much at first. I would suggest looking at a planet's Junction and seeing what the requirements are, and planning your path through the planet with those requirements in mind. Rhino is an excellent frame for almost any mission, so you won't be hurting if you choose to farm him.

Got the Akstiletto Prime recently. By far my favorite dual wield secondary. Huge status chance, good crit chance, doesn't fire way too fast for its own good, and also sounds pretty great. Highly recommended. Gonna have to throw some forma on it to make it more awesome.

Inaros is ridiculously tanky. You can use a dog or a cat with him that have Armor Link and Health Link on them and they'll also be ridiculously tanky. You can give Inaros a dagger with Covert Lethality and he can also kill just about anything. You can put Rage on Inaros for near infinite energy, letting you use channeling and Life Strike almost constantly if you don't want to use his huge AOE blind to heal.

Cheers, thanks for the mod tips. I didn't even think of Rage + Life Strike. Looks like they'll be quite hard to farm, but that's Warframe for you :)

Cheers, thanks for the mod tips. I didn't even think of Rage + Life Strike. Looks like they'll be quite hard to farm, but that's Warframe for you :)

Or, if you're in the alliance, you can just ask if we have spares. Most of the vets are willing to part with extra mods we have. Life Strike is the hard one to come by though, I only have two copies and I need them both.

I remember trading my only life strike away for a prime part cause I was sure i'd never need it. Then a couple weeks later Inaros was released, so talk about a disappointment.

Yukinari

I dont know if this is the right place for this kind of thing but i have a 50 dollar code for currency in Warframe which i dont play. Its a steam code and i wanted to sell it to someone for paypal money. Any safe way i can do that?

I dont know if this is the right place for this kind of thing but i have a 50 dollar code for currency in Warframe which i dont play. Its a steam code and i wanted to sell it to someone for paypal money. Any safe way i can do that?

You'd probably have better luck talking to the GB thread, and asking if anyone in the alliance wants it. Since really only a few people here actually play the game.

WizzNARD

Apologies, seeing as this is a PC OT and I had no luck in in the PS4 thread, but is there a clan or something for XBO? Just started playing this and really enjoying it, but not sure if I can get any of my friends list to play.

Thanks!

Apologies, seeing as this is a PC OT and I had no luck in in the PS4 thread, but is there a clan or something for XBO? Just started playing this and really enjoying it, but not sure if I can get any of my friends list to play.

Thanks!

Well there at least used to be one. I found a gaf thread for warframe on xbox one, but it hasn't had any posts in over a year and a half so I'm pretty sure that clan is dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom