• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

We will impeach ours (for a second time) before you impeach yours. Sincerely, Brazil

Platy

As I said before, I think not resigning would mean he is the opposite of a coward. Receive punishment in open arms with honor.

That being sad, the public announcement sounded like a kid sad that his mom took of his ice cream

Apzu

There's nothing honorable in dragging the country with you as you wait for the impeachment process result knowing fully well what the outcome will be. An impeachment process always hurts the economy and the trust people have in their government, the longer it takes the more the country bleeds.

Platy

There's nothing honorable in dragging the country with you as you wait for the impeachment process result knowing fully well what the outcome will be. An impeachment process always hurts the economy and the trust people have in their government, the longer it takes the more the country bleeds.

If you resign instead of being impeached you get out with lots of political liberties intact.

I want him to receive what he deserves

mp1990

Banned
lol

i'm not the one defending someone corrupt, but not everybody has a high moral standard :p

you have to stop filling other people's posts with whatever your deranged mind thinks. i didn't defend anyone, heck, if anything, the ones responsible for putting this traitor on government are Lula and PT, and they can also go eat shit. also, i'm not the one who's trying to act impartial and yet am defending people who clearly take sides :p

Apzu

Didn't he become senator later? I seem to recall...
Years later in 2006. Impeached politicians lose their political rights for 8 years counted from the end of their term, which for him would be in 1995 so he got his political right back in 2003.

Platy

Ok the audios are out.

First, Aécio, Dilma's opposition on the election and president of Brazil's biggest political party PSDB.
This one is funnier because he is OBVIOUSLY on drugs and calmly jokes about KILLING his OWN COUSIN. So it is almost a Joe Pesci character.
And he is also in favor of "caixa 2", a famous thing where companies give money to politicians expecting returns later... but more stealthy than usual

Now Temer.

It starts awesome with him giving PRIVILEGED INFORMATION about lowering the taxes in the future (this would be already enoght for 3 impeachments), has ZERO reaction when Joesley (the dude who recorded the audios) say he bribes the prosecutor and the cream of the crop of saying he shall continue to bribe Cunha.

So basically dude has material for like 5 classic impeachments alone.

But he also owns basically everyone in the 3 powers so it might be harder to impeach him like it was from dilma that had like 0,5 reasons discovered for impeachment but had everyone against her.

Apzu

Fuck

Basically the judge put at the supreme court by Temer did everything he could to free Temer's butt
Nope, it was way worse than that. All 7 electoral judges accepted that there was a huge corruption scandal involving Petrobras and Odebrecht, that it might have influenced in the last election and that our party system is really broken, however 4 of them decided to just ignore all this evidence because the initial plea didn't mention anything about it. They freed him due to a technicality.

And to top it all, the chief electoral justice had the guts to say that if they were to take Temer down it would only cause instability and that it's basically preferable to have someone who's deeply corrupt as president than having an unstable government.

Apzu

So quick update, it seems I was wrong and we won't impeach ours afterall, even with all the evidence to do so and a president with an approval rating of only 5%. Just this week the Congress decided not to investigate the president any further over the allegation of corruption, this article in the Washington Post summarizes what happened:

Two months ago, analysts declared Temer’s government dead after leaked recordings appeared to show the president condoning the payment of hush money to protect a wealthy meatpacking executive. Next, a videotape surfaced of a close aide receiving a suitcase full of cash — part of a $12 million bribe from the executive allegedly intended for Temer, a charge he denies.

But the fight to stay on may have drained the president of the political capital needed to govern. Temer has promised to use his victory to try to pass flagship reform programs he believes are key to resuscitating the economy. The unpopular measures require a two-thirds majority in congress, a level of support he has yet to achieve.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...dent-clung-to-his-job/?utm_term=.2f4fef1415c3

Tiu Neo

Fuck this country.

I just hope all those congressmen are not elected again in 2018. But knowing how people here are, almost no chance of things getting better.

And then, there's the possible president, governor and senator candidates. Those are dark times.

Kthulhu

What's the problem with that jailed dude's wife ?

face1.jpg

Jesus Christ lady, lay off the Red Bull.

Platy

And then, there's the possible president, governor and senator candidates. Those are dark times.

Don't worry ... he is trying to change so much that there is a chance we will not have a next president =P

Dude is trying full force to parliamentary just to stop "the communists" from being presidents again

Tiu Neo

Don't worry ... he is trying to change so much that there is a chance we will not have a next president =P

Dude is trying full force to parliamentary just to stop "the communists" from being presidents again

On the bright side, no Lula or Bolsonaro for president.

Of course, what we get instead could be just as bad as that.

Apzu

Nope, no chance. We'll keep the presidential system even though we've proven time and time again how much it doesn't work.

Top Bottom