• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

welcome to the carnival of stupid

vertopci

duckroll said:
Not at all. You can collect your bag of popcorn and free large Coke at the counter over there, and have a seat on the 7th row. :D

Don't suppose any seats in the 1st row are open? I would like to have front row seats in case this is MGS4 on 360. :lol

Please have nothing to do with the iPhone :(

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
My iPhone is ready.

But seeing as I generally hate iPhone games, this does not bode well.

Was there really a 6 month exclusivity window for MGS4 on PS3 and was it public knowledge?

First I've heard of it.

The ! probably= Acid
The i could mean a lot of things, like either iPhone, Wii (two ii would give it away too easily), or DSi, or maybe just the i in Solid (though SOLID is always written with an l like that).

Perhaps, it's a hybrid of Solid's gameplay and Acid's? Think Valkyria Chronicles...

However, the symbol at the end, which you think is a power on, is actually not that:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_symbol#Definitions

It actually means Standby without the dot. So the message could basically saying "Stay tuned". However, the dots are the significant things because otherwise it would be ON + ON = STANDBY.

In other news, MGS: Triology will use Konami ID, Konami Address, Konami Number, Konami Points and Konami Marketplace! Xbox Live and Steam will get a run for it's money, that's for sure!

The_Dude

duckroll said:
Not at all. You can collect your bag of popcorn and free large Coke at the counter over there, and have a seat on the 7th row. :D
Awesome, free food, drink and entertainment!

Loudninja

shagg_187 said:
In other news, MGS: Triology will use Konami ID, Konami Address, Konami Number, Konami Points and Konami Marketplace! Xbox Live and Steam will get a run for it's money, that's for sure!

Dude :lol

duckroll

vertopci said:
Don't suppose any seats in the 1st row are open? I would like to have front row seats in case this is MGS4 on 360. :lol

Please have nothing to do with the iPhone :(

Maybe you should have arrived earlier if you wanted better seats. :p

dfyb

Banned
TSA said:
However, the symbol at the end, which you think is a power on, is actually not that:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_symbol#Definitions

It actually means Standby without the dot. So the message could basically saying "Stay tuned". However, the dots are the significant things because otherwise it would be ON + ON = STANDBY.
Alternatively, under IEEE 1621, this symbol simply means "power".

and

Standby symbol ambiguity

Because the exact meaning of the standby symbol on a given device may be unclear until the control is tried, it has been proposed that a separate sleep symbol, a crescent moon, instead be used to indicate a low power state. Proponents include the California Energy Commission and the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. Under this proposal, the older standby symbol would be redefined as a generic "power" indication, in cases where the difference between it and the other power symbols would not present a safety concern. This alternative symbology was published as IEEE standard 1621 on 2004-12-08.

AmMortal

Banned
shagg_187 said:

DON'T FORGET BLOODTYPE FOR MAXIMUM GENE EFFECT

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
I can't wait to see all the fucking terrible user reviews on the app store for MGS Touch. :lol

dfyb said:
...stuff...

Yea, but again, the symbol is not exact. The important things are the dots...which I said in the conclusion of my post. Without them, it would be ON+ON=POWER or ON+ON=STANDBY. Or Kojima is pulling the most epic troll ever and it's simply the enhanced edition of MGS4 and he's secretly laughing. DID YOU LIKE IT?

Metal Gear Solid: Integral
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
Metal Gear Solid 4: ?????
Profit

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
lol - Viral campaign success i see?

There's a new game coming to PS3 to

- .. 1 !! / * = 4

(actually, i wouldn't be surprised if that's the title for PS3 Kingdom hearts!)

Nose Master

As awesome as a 360 port would be, I know this is going to be something horribly underwhelming, like a remake of MG2 on DSi :(

Cirekiller said:
Maybe this?

http://videogamecentral.com/gamersv...r-solid-4-extended-ending-coming-in-december/

A rumor has surfaced saying that a new extended ending for Metal Gear Solid 4 would be released exactly six months after the games release.

At the end of MGS4 Old Snake says that he has six months left to live. So six months of Snake’s life from 12th June 2008 would bring it to 12th December 2008 which is exactly when this extended ending is rumored to be released. The extended ending is expected to be released as an update patch that will be downloadable via the PlayStation Network, or it could even be a code that unlocks the extended ending as the video could already be on the MGS4 Blu-Ray disc.

Until this information is confirmed by Konami or Kojima Productions it will remain as a rumor and unconfirmed. More information as it becomes available.

Imagine if the secret ending unlocks and it's Kojima announcing the port to 360. :lol

Ok sure but this in no way matches up with the flash thing.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Red Blaster said:
Probably that Transcendence thing trademarked a while ago. Not MGS4 related at all would be my guess.
Where was Transcendence trademarked? I couldn't find it registered anywhere.

Alright, I'm going to let myself get my hopes up. I'm going to get really really excited to finally play MGS4, and then I'm going to crash into a drunken depression when it turns out not to be true.

But what an emotional journal it shall be.

MGS:Triology will feature all new set of dialogues. Here's one I secretly snapped from Christopher Randolph (Otacon)'s script. Sorry guys, it's not complete though:

Otacon: Huh? Oh, Wait! We're on Xbox 360™ System! It's not blu-ray disc but hey, you can install games in it! No need to swap d.... *RROD flashes*
Snake: Otacon? OTACON? OTACON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
HOLY SHIT SON YEEEEEEEEHHAAAAAWWW HOLD ONNNN

Roxas

remember that rumour that went round saying there would be an alternate ending to MGS4 exactly 6 months after its release?

Well next Friday is the 12th December, exactly 6 months after release day ;)

Loudninja

shagg_187 said:
MGS:Triology will feature all new set of dialogues. Here's one I secretly snapped from Christopher Randolph (Otacon)'s script. Sorty guys, it's not complete though:

Otacon: Huh? Oh, Wait! We're on Xbox 360™ System! It's not blu-ray disc but hey, you can install games in it! No need to swap d.... *RROD flashes*
Snake: Otacon? OTACON? OTACON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dammit :lol

Ploid 3.0

I don't see how anyone could hope MGS4 don't appear on 360 now. It's not like the ps3 version will suddenly become gimped with low frame rate, glitches, and bad image quality because of it. The whole reason behind not wanting 360 in the picture before launch is that it could have effected the final product for the PS3 owning mgs fans. Now MGS4 on 360 effects everyone that got the PS3 version in no way what so ever. So this whole thing should be boring to watch for for everyone until more info is presented.

It's just a i + ! = power button. It makes no sense yet. A traffic light is green so maybe that's why they used green. A power button has that symbol so maybe that's why they used it. The reason for the ! inside the circle is probably because this is about Metal Gear so it's themed.

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
Cirekiller said:
Maybe this?

http://videogamecentral.com/gamersv...r-solid-4-extended-ending-coming-in-december/

A rumor has surfaced saying that a new extended ending for Metal Gear Solid 4 would be released exactly six months after the games release.

At the end of MGS4 Old Snake says that he has six months left to live. So six months of Snake’s life from 12th June 2008 would bring it to 12th December 2008 which is exactly when this extended ending is rumored to be released. The extended ending is expected to be released as an update patch that will be downloadable via the PlayStation Network, or it could even be a code that unlocks the extended ending as the video could already be on the MGS4 Blu-Ray disc.

Until this information is confirmed by Konami or Kojima Productions it will remain as a rumor and unconfirmed. More information as it becomes available.

Imagine if the secret ending unlocks and it's Kojima announcing the port to 360. :lol
if that was true i'd be blown away.

Top Bottom