• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is your Switch travel case solution (if any)?

Sora_N

This sucks man. Honestly though, I suppose it's my fault for not thinking ahead. This should have been the first thing i pre-ordered after the console and Zelda haha.

I wasn't 100% on the console till my order came in. I was like....ffff but I need a case. So close to buying the biogenik one that's cheap and ugly.

Got the RDS deluxe travel case and it's perfect. Very sturdy case and space for pretty much anything you'd need. The smell is a bit strong but I'm sure that will not be much of a problem after it has aired out.

tiijj

I'm going with the hori. Because the inside has a groove for the joycon.

oMjCHFn.jpg
Ahxd0J2.jpg

I just got the hori slim case above and the switch is loose inside compared to the official case from nintendo, I guess they designed it that way so that the clear case that they are bringing out would fit. Anyway just in case someone's interested, it's not what I expected.

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
Impressions of the mario starter kit? It seems to come with some gimmicky crap?

Is the Hori case a harder shell?

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
I just got the hori slim case above and the switch is loose inside compared to the official case from nintendo, I guess they designed it that way so that the clear case that they are bringing out would fit. Anyway just in case someone's interested, it's not what I expected.
Damn. The groove is a plus. How loose are we talking here?

Hmm Interesting, I thought it had divided sections fro the Joycons when I first saw it (Was on my phone). Now on my desktop I see it's bands like the other cases have.

Still nice and I like that it has a mesh zipper pouch as well. The RDS one was nice, but it was missing a few small things like that.

selo

Has anyone used/purchased these?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N9RG3XS/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I bought a screen protector for my One Plus One about 3 years ago from this same company, and its awesome, my screen is mostly scratch free, so I'm wondering if these will be good as well.

And also, just to make sure my screen will stay scratch free, I'm planning on ordering this guy:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XBRF7N4/?tag=neogaf0e-20
Anyone have this?

As for travelling purposes, I'm planning on this item as well:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N357OCG/?tag=neogaf0e-20

JordanKZ

My Link's tunic one finally shipped last night. It's bright, but it's the closest thing you can get to that amazing Shiekah slate case we'll never see in Europe...

673379_gen_b.png

The RDS does have a mesh zipper pouch.

That case in the photos looks pretty good, though. I like all the cart slots.

Oh right sorry, I meant on the top side of the case. I don't think my charger and stuff would fit inside the RDS cases pouch. Thought with that being said I don't know if it will fit in this one either.

Has anyone used/purchased these?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N9RG3XS/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I bought a screen protector for my One Plus One about 3 years ago from this same company, and its awesome, my screen is mostly scratch free, so I'm wondering if these will be good as well.

And also, just to make sure my screen will stay scratch free, I'm planning on ordering this guy:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XBRF7N4/?tag=neogaf0e-20
Anyone have this?

As for travelling purposes, I'm planning on this item as well:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N357OCG/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I got the Power A case, which is a bit like that, although I like that better. It wasn't really conducive to the dock unfortunately. I wonder if that one would work.

I ended up returning the Power A hybrid case.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Update on this one : fits great in my backpack. I found out that the left Pocket can contain 2 joy-cons and their straps! You can put an USB cable on the right Pocket with a few more games and/or earpods.

It's very thin so not as shock-proof as the big cases but you can fit pretty much everything you need (Switch+two pairs of joycons+their straps+games+earpods). Plus it doesn't say "NINTENDO SWITCH" everywhere.

Was thinking of getting a case like this. I'm carrying it in a bag so really all I want is something that'll protect it from the other contents in the bag. Also the pouch design is easier for taking the Switch out of the case while on transport where you don't have any surfaces.

selo

I got the Power A case, which is a bit like that, although I like that better. It wasn't really conducive to the dock unfortunately. I wonder if that one would work.

I ended up returning the Power A hybrid case.

Yeah, i don't think you can dock with this guy on, right? I'll use the switch exclusively as handheld (since my tv died a bit ago), so I guess I don't have the need to dock it.

tommyguns

So does anyone know where we can find the official nintendo case? I bought one at launch but ended up returning it thinking I could find something a bit better, but at this point I think it is the case I want. Not finding it anywhere online

Edit: Literally seems to be out of stock everywhere. Looks like I fucked up by returning it so quickly. Stupid move on my part.

BiggNife

There is definitely a little wiggle room in the hori case but it doesn't seem like a deal breaker. It's still fairly snug and the case is well padded.

It seems all the good ones are sold out everywhere. Guess I have wait and use the Sheikah Slate in the mean time. It works but it's a bit.... garish.

A few people in here are displaying their case set ups with 3rd party chargers.

Any recommendations? I just want to be sure what I buy will charge just as quickly as the pack in charger.

RaidenZR

Has anyone bit the bullet and ordered a Waterfield case? It's pricey but I feel like there's at least one thing I don't like about each case I've seen (except that one).

If anyone's got one already, some impressions would be appreciated. Thanks!

I picked up the Surge carrying case from Amazon, and while it functions just fine, the thing smells like some unholy combination of chemicals and musty cigarettes. It was sitting on the end table next to my sofa and I could smell it from there. I think I'm going to return it for the Butterfox case. I have their vita case and it does the job.

Raven117

Gold Member
Hmm Interesting, I thought it had divided sections fro the Joycons when I first saw it (Was on my phone). Now on my desktop I see it's bands like the other cases have.

Still nice and I like that it has a mesh zipper pouch as well. The RDS one was nice, but it was missing a few small things like that.

Which case is this one?

Is there anything kind of like the Waterfield case, but designed to only hold the switch + attached joycons? (instead of also gamecards, straps, etc) And presumably is smaller by extension?

DylanEno

I've been using the Sheikah Slate one from the breath of the Wild master edition... and while I like the interior, its design is a little bit embarrassing to carry around in public. :U

-Opaque-

Has anyone bit the bullet and ordered a Waterfield case? It's pricey but I feel like there's at least one thing I don't like about each case I've seen (except that one).

If anyone's got one already, some impressions would be appreciated. Thanks!
I haven't yet but I'm seriously considering it for the same reasons as you.
I have the PDP one arriving today but on reflection I really don't like the mesh mechanism for holding the console, I actually tried to cancel it and might return it.
I'm slightly paranoid about screen pressure with Waterfield one, I don't think the case alone with be an issue but if things end up on top of it it might not hold up. I've lost a 3DSXL in a case to this before :( Then again I'm far more careful about where I put things in bags after that happening.
I like how sturdy the RDS one is but I hate how it looks, yeah I know I'm at most just going to pull it out of my bag and put it back in again but I'll still have to look at it which will drive me mad.
Hm, all this being said maybe I should just yolo the Waterfield one, especially since I was kinda planning to buy the one they came out with anyway.

Raptomex

Unless I get another one I'm not bringing it anywhere other than to another room in the house. I did get a case for my games, though.

RootCause

I see a lot of comments about the RDS traveler case - but does anyone have or know where to find better pictures of the RDS system case? I got the $20 one delivered today from Amazon, and I love their NES mini case, but I think I need a bit more space.

Target seems to have them for sale right now - and $10 cheaper than what Amazon shows when they come in stock later this month.

Between a power bank, headphones, headphone amplifier, joycon straps, and cables, it is now becoming clear to me that I need something a little more.

The PDP backpack looks good on the outside, but the pictures I've seen on the inside have turned me away.
RDS cases are great. Love my 3ds one. I preordered both the traveler, and system case.
Found this pic.

My Link's tunic one finally shipped last night. It's bright, but it's the closest thing you can get to that amazing Shiekah slate case we'll never see in Europe...

673379_gen_b.png

My friend and I were talking about this case the other day. The whites on this case are inevitably gonna smudge and look "dirty" or worn, which really endeared me to it. Mainly cause it's gonna end up looking like a classic school eraser in a blue sleeve.

I borderline wanna get one.

ViciousDS

Banned

673379_gen_b.png

I have this one! The stick covers are fantastic, the case is awesome, there is definitely play in the sides for room, but they designed it with the covers in mind. The covers are solid and give a good grip but they make the L & R buttons a bit hard to press.

Was easily worth $30 for the case and stick covers alone.

They threw in a nice Zelda themed screen cover. Headphones are there, haven't used them as I have a good set of headphones and a screen protector I have yet to attempt to put on.

Great case though for sure

I eventually want the travelers caae though that fits the dock and everything in it

I have this one! The stick covers are fantastic, the case is awesome, there is definitely play in the sides for room, but they designed it with the covers in mind. The covers are solid and give a good grip but they make the L & R buttons a bit hard to press.

Was easily worth $30 for the case and stick covers alone.

They threw in a nice Zelda themed screen cover. Headphones are there, haven't used them as I have a good set of headphones and a screen protector I have yet to attempt to put on.

Great case though for sure

I eventually want the travelers caae though that fits the dock and everything in it

Wait, this case comes with headphones?

I'm pretty sure I'm not using it wrong but when I put the switch in the official case the switch logo is technically on the bottom and the Nintendo logo is backwards. Very strange design.

That one looks pretty good actually, what brand and model is that? (I can't make out the name).

I too like the look of the bag, can't make out anything from these (oddly) small pictures

Gonna have a field test of the surge case this thursday. May end up buying the RDS case for added protection on days when my bag is a little more packed, though I'm probably being overprotective, the surge case is probably fine for my use case

Top Bottom