• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What would be in a modern Nintendo World Championship?

balgajo

I'm personally hoping for Nintendo to have an eShop exclusive game based around Bumper Balls from Mario Party

hqdefault.jpg

Something akin to this, but wider, slightly more forgiving, loads of obstacles in the way, and large checkpoint areas where you actually have to bump enemy balls off the arena

NINTENDO64--Mario%20Party_Mar25%208_56_17.png

I also want a Game & Watch life sim, but we'll get to that later...

If this turns out to be true things will get crazy.

Tregard

Soothsayer
My god, I leave for an hour to go get a delicious Bigfoot™ Pizza and THIS happens? I was
even going to try and get odds on this happening! Alas, you live and learn. I would like
to assure people that I'm not Bill Trinnen, or Reggie, or a Nintendo employee at all! I was
really hoping, truth be told, that when I saw my quite frankly insane prediction was true, for
one or two messages to have come through, asking if I was from the future / soothsayer /
insider / offering me an editorial position at Polygon. Probably for the best they didn't, I
don't want to push my luck! Although I am considering buying a Euromillions ticket...

Personally, I feel like anything I post from now on isn't going to live up to this, I think I'm
really going to have to up my game. I was considering, for a while, pretending to be an
insider. But I think we can all agree that, however fun the lies would be, having bisoptl's
massive banhammer wedged where the sun doesn't shine probably isn't worth the hassle.
Even still, fun while it lasted! I shall read through the thread and reply to folks soon :)

V-Faction

My god, I leave for an hour to go get a delicious Bigfoot™ Pizza and THIS happens? I was
even going to try and get odds on this happening! Alas, you live and learn. I would like
to assure people that I'm not Bill Trinnen, or Reggie, or a Nintendo employee at all! I was
really hoping, truth be told, that when I saw my quite frankly insane prediction was true, for
one or two messages to have come through, asking if I was from the future / soothsayer /
insider / offering me an editorial position at Polygon. Probably for the best they didn't, I
don't want to push my luck! Although I am considering buying a Euromillions ticket...

Personally, I feel like anything I post from now on isn't going to live up to this, I think I'm
really going to have to up my game. I was considering, for a while, pretending to be an
insider. But I think we can all agree that, however fun the lies would be, having bisoptl's
massive banhammer wedged where the sun doesn't shine probably isn't worth the hassle.
Even still, fun while it lasted! I shall read through the thread and reply to folks soon :)

Oh my god, oh my god!

....Star Tropics!

So it was just coincidence?

Hoodbury

Sure sure. That's what they all say. They all say "My god, I leave for an hour to go get a delicious Bigfoot™ Pizza and THIS happens? I was

"

Tregard

Soothsayer
Please be kind, bishoptl

I'm trying to do coursework and I just can't stop smiling and laughing at all these replies :) I'll reply to as many as I can in due time, up to the point it gets irritating.

If this turns out to be true things will get crazy.

Probably for the best you take everything I say as gospel now, ESPECIALLY considering how rad you know that Bumper Balls game would be.

Mario's Bumper Ball Bonanza, 2016 eShop exclusive.
Mr. Game & Watch Saga, NX Launch title

Shovel Knight - Gem Challenge
This was a mode used for iron man of gaming and could easily fill a similar role here. While it's not a nintendo property, it was seen previously in focus at one of the comic-cons last year (can't remember which).

Mario Kart 8 - Big Blue
I think Mario Kart 8 could work but I'd rather see BB instead of MW. Would be a race as opposed to a score attack, requiring no modifications.

Splatoon - ?
Given that this will be newly released, I would think they would want to capitalize on the hype for this in some fashion. Would take up the oddball slot that tetris filled.

I dunno, while Shovel Knight would make a lot of sense, I feel like Nintendo's gonna want to stick to their first party stuff. I think some balls-to-the-wall Mario Maker levels would be a better fit that Shovel Knight. Big Blue and Splatoon I can totally see though, but does Splatoon have a points system?

How OP still doesnt have a title below his username?

Hopefully I get a nice one :D Also if someone wants to get me one of those sweet 30th anniversary pins from Best Buy I'll let you in on all my made-up insider knowledge.

'sup

Bill, if you're going to try to avoid detection, copying and pasting a pre-written response from your PR person's Word doc is not the best idea.

EDIT: I get it. I get jokes.

Nallen

Toying with everyone's hearts,eh?

M
e
t
r
o
i
d

P
r
i
m
e

EndMerit

Well that's some prime luck you had there, buddy.

Josh7289

So F-Zero is or is not happening?

LuuKyK

Toying with everyone's hearts,eh?

M
e
t
r
o
i
d

P
r
i
m
e

Wow, how does one even see this.

Toxi

Banned

Don't play with my heart like this

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus

h
o
l
y
s
h
i
t

In the Wizard they get to play SMB3 before the game was released. I can't think of any big titles they might have in playable form at E3 that aren't released, with the exception of DLC and maybe Star Fox. Zelda U is really the only game that would get people excited, or a new Mario if it was an open camera type.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

:lol

This thread is going places.

Regardless of this, I've thought since last year we're seeing Metroid Prime at this E3.

Tregard

Soothsayer
In the Wizard they get to play SMB3 before the game was released. I can't think of any big titles they might have in playable form at E3 that aren't released, with the exception of DLC and maybe Star Fox. Zelda U is really the only game that would get people excited, or a new Mario if it was an open camera type.

It would be pretty cool if one of the games they used in the big on-stage final was an unannounced title. If I'm remembering correctly, wasn't SMB3 first announced during The Wizard? Or was it just heavily promoted during it?

I still think the next 3D Mario is being held for NX launch, but it would be a cool way to announce it if it's a WiiU title.

Top Bottom