• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where may one find out the potential dates for Sony's next major event? (Updated Poll)

when???

• Total voters

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
There needs to be a full showcase ASAP, and not for just for psvr 2 that's not going to sell at anything but a crazy low asking price. We need a ps5 showcase, show us big games for 2023 and it needs to be in October imo.

Absolute joke now. My ps5 is just sat there not doing anything, has been for like 7 months. I don't ever remember it being this bad.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
My ps5 is just sat there not doing anything, has been for like 7 months. I don't ever remember it being this bad.
It was this bad or worse on PS3 and PS4. PS4 for 2 years was literally just Ground Zeroes, and inFamous SS for me. Played 3DS and Wii U that entire time. PS3 I didn't even bother buying until years after launch. PS4 was so dry I remember when DmC getting ported to PS4 was considered a big deal.

Last edited:

skit_data

There needs to be a full showcase ASAP, and not for just for psvr 2 that's not going to sell at anything but a crazy low asking price. We need a ps5 showcase, show us big games for 2023 and it needs to be in October imo.

Absolute joke now. My ps5 is just sat there not doing anything, has been for like 7 months. I don't ever remember it being this bad.
There has been no shortage of first party releases from Playstation this year, if you haven’t touched your PS5 in 7 months then I doubt they can show anything coming 2023 and onward that will satisfy you.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
It was this bad or worse on PS3 and PS4. PS4 for 2 years was literally just Ground Zeroes, and inFamous SS for me. Played 3DS and Wii U that entire time. PS3 I didn't even bother buying until years after launch. PS4 was so dry I remember when DmC getting ported to PS4 was considered a big deal.
I could maybe agree with you but I feel it wasn't this bad, I owned a ps3 day one. Huge insomniac fan, I actually loved resistance single player. Motorstorm was a great blast although short. Then I loved games like stardust HD and before I knew it I was besotted with uncharted 1 warhawk multiplayer etc.

Ps4 I felt like I was definitely playing some great games, bloodborne maybe? Last of us remaster was great for me as it was cheap and I loved the game. I felt like I'm missing some ps4 stuff but it's early in the morning.

This gen I've had returnal...which is incredible don't get me wrong but that was like 16 months ago and miles morales.

I know I'm just triggered by this Horizon rumour. I really hope it isn't true because its just embarrassing if it is.

Hopefully there's a showcase soon because it's really taking the piss now.

kyliethicc

VPH3VO2.jpg

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
There has been no shortage of first party releases from Playstation this year, if you haven’t touched your PS5 in 7 months then I doubt they can show anything coming 2023 and onward that will satisfy you.

Bullshit. I'll be playing god of war. Just because I wasn't interested in horizon and a 70 pound remake of the last of us (right now at that price) doesn't mean I don't want other games.

Show me something Sony, that's what I'm saying.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch

Its been confirmed for this month by several posters here.

Last edited:

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Psvr2
Death Stranding 2
Ff16
Helldivers reboot
Spider-man 2

Need to think what else could be at this showcase.

According to various posters these titles are confirmed and waiting for announcement:
Half-Life: Alyx PSVR2
Beat Saber PSVR2
Astro Bot Remastered PSVR2
Iron Man VR Remastered PSVR2
New Atlus announcement
New Kojima announcement
2 new GaaS announcement
Helldiver 2

October is actually a perfect time for a show to be fair to sony. Middle of summer is actually the worst Time. Though why are we so sure? I'd like to think sony will, but than I wouldnt be surprised if they announe psvr2 price and release as a blog post and call it a day until next year.

H . R . 2

If the zero dawn remake is real the only thing they are showcasing is how fucking nuts they are.
from a financial perspective and in IMHO it makes sense for them to remake their flagship titles to be more in line with the TV shows and the movies they are making to capture a wider audience which is regrettable as it ha distracted them from game development as a priority. I feel like Sony has spread itself too thin [ PSVR2, movies and shows, PC remasters, and GAAS titles with very little attention paid to AAA 1st party games] Sony might be turning a profit for the time being but it is doing a disservice to the fans by ignoring their requests. then again, this was all predicted by the great Shawn Layden [he said as game dev budgets grow astronomical, creativity and experimentation will soon take a back seat in favour of profitability

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
from a financial perspective and in IMHO it makes sense for them to remake their flagship titles to be more in line with the TV shows and the movies they are making to capture a wider audience which is regrettable as it ha distracted them from game development as a priority. Sony might be turning a profit for the time being but it is doing a disservice to the fans by ignoring their requests. then again, this was all predicted by the great Shawn Layden [he said as game dev budgets grow astronomical, creativity and experimentation will soon take a back seat in favour of profitability
Too many words to say that they are a bunch of greedy cunts.

H . R . 2

Too many words to say that they are a bunch of greedy cunts
that's what shareholders and large conglomerates do. we only have ourselves to blame for expecting otherwise.
if you truly want quality and creativity you need to turn your attention to Indie studios or AAA studios in their inchoate stage that have something to prove. they are in it for their passion first and money second
[indie games I have played and absolutely loved: 12 minutes, Ascent, Inside, The Little Nightmares, Sifu, and many to look forwards to]

GymWolf

Gold Member
that's what shareholders and large conglomerates do. we only have ourselves to blame for expecting otherwise.
if you truly want quality and creativity you need to turn your attention to Indie studios or AAA studios in their inchoate stage that have something to prove. they are in it for their passion first and money second
[indie games I have played and absolutely loved: 12 minutes, Ascent, Inside, The Little Nightmares, Sifu, and many to look forwards to]
I play every tipe of game, from indies to aa etc so i 'm covered but this is not the real problem.

And no, it's not our fault at all, we never had big first party crossgen exclusives or useless remakes that nobody wants, we were used to way better management, this shit is relatively new and we have zero fucking fault dude.

Our expectations are dictated by their past management, we can't predict these shitty moves just because layden one time said something abstract and pessimistic.

Last edited:

H . R . 2

I play every tipe of game, from indies to aa etc so i 'm covered but this is not the real problem.

And no, it's not our fault at all, we never had big first party crossgen exclusives or useless remakes that nobody wants, we were used to way better management, this shit is relatively new and we have zero fucking fault dude.

Our expectations are dictated by their past management, we can't predict these shitty moves just because layden one time said something abstract and pessimistic.
Layden was one of the several people who made Sony what it is today and knew things would eventually have to change for game development to remain sustainable. any profit made today is because of their passion and the little faith we still have in the people left in charge. however, the shareholders unlike the fans seem pleased with Jim Ryan's performance so our definition of success and good management not only differs from theirs but also is of very little importance to them

Last edited:

H . R . 2

something tells me we are going to get more information around Halloween. stands to reason because PSVR2 has to be discussed at some point as it is getting ready for launch. there has to be a showcase at least for that. (Capcom needs to discuss RE as well which will not be without a mention of PSVR2 and Halloween seems like the right date). having postponed and skipped its shows, Konami wouldn't want to fall behind too.
Silent Hill: The Short Message is probably the JP dev

Its waiting for you...
072000.png

Last edited:
For me it will all be determined where the next FFXVI trailer shows up. If it drops in an SE dedicated showcase, twitter, or PGW it’s over.

At that point i assume they will show the helldivers 2 trailer and kojima thing at TGA. PSVR2 will get info released early next year.

In any case at least we’ll know within the next couple of weeks

Last edited:

Ansphn

It's going to be after God of War. PlayStation want the focus on their games that are about to release then they will show another slate after all the games from the last slate release.

It's going to be after God of War. PlayStation want the focus on their games that are about to release then they will show another slate after all the games from the last slate release.

Thats not really true though. They had their first big ps5 showcase in june of 2020 before The Last of Us Part 2 and Ghost of Tsushima came out. They did the Rift Apart State of Play before Returnal came out and their big GT7 State of Play before Horizon Forbidden West

Ssony does not consider that aspect

Last edited:

Ansphn

Thats not really true though. They had their first big ps5 showcase in june of 2020 before The Last of Us Part 2 and Ghost of Tsushima came out. They did the Rift Apart State of Play before Returnal came out and their big GT7 State of Play before Horizon Forbidden West

Ssony does not consider that aspect
That was their old strategy. I think their new strategy is going to be something similar to how they did it this year.

And what does a showcase have to do with your situation? It's not like you will be gifted digital versions of the displayed titles while watching...🤨

jorgejjvr

Gow is coming in November. And Sony already has your money for the ps5, and ps+, and whatever $70 game you already paid, or will pay for soon enough. They won. They ain't got to do anything else.

But soon enough they'll have another showcase, this year or next, which will turn their angriest fans into their most loyal fans all over again. And the cycle shall continue, from simp, to outcry, back to simp etc

Last edited:

H . R . 2

So this is the reveal time for PS Showcase I guess
Not necessarily, I posted that in reference to that THE SNITCH discord screen that I had posted earlier but we all appreciate your enthusiasm ☺️

Also

Silent Hill 1/2/3 Art Director, Series Composer Could be Involved in New Titles​

Masahiro Ito, who created the iconic Pyramid Head, and composer Akira Yamaoka have both shared the Transmission stream's announcement.​

Happy Christian Bale GIF
https://gamingbolt.com/silent-hill-...ries-composer-could-be-involved-in-new-titles

Last edited:
Top Bottom