• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

White supremacist yells into the camera and Shia LaBeouf shuts him down

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_ml66dp7znl1qej4odo1_500.gif

Eidan

Which was inspired by the hat that the Nazi wore.

Agreed, which is why I don't agreed with people saying that punching Nazi or anyone of the alt right movement is okay.

It isn't and that is not the best way to get your message across as you become no better than them really.

But it is not the right way, violence is never the answer and undermines your own message.

Ehhh, I'd still say the puncher was better than the Nazi. But that's probably a discussion for another day.

diaspora

Of course someone posting pure garbage in the tomi thread is trying to make the white supremacist look good here. And of course also feigning victimhood. You know exactly who Shia is, you absolute idiot. Now everyone gets to see just how stupid you are. You made a post knowing full well who Shia was just a couple days ago. And now, just like that piece of human trash in the video, you get punked by your own inadequacy.

Ahem...
Sweet christmas

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Ehhh, I'd still say the puncher was better than the Nazi. But that's probably a discussion for another day.

He could have chopped Spencer's head off and fucked the neck hole and he'd still be better.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
99% of the time I agree with you. However, violence is always an acceptable answer against actual Nazis. I'm pretty sure that's in the rule book somewhere.
A punch isn't going to change their minds, and most of them don't have the balls to actually attack minorities in public. So unless they strike first, all it it does is create douchey martyrs. Without context, the guy in the hoodie throwing the punch looks like the bad guy. That's, uh, not good. They use that type of shit (along with watered down versions of their psychobabble) to get a foothold into the mainstream.

- J - D -

He could have chopped Spencer's head off and fucked the neck hole and he'd still be better.

Nazi or necrophiliac, there's two things I didn't think I'd ever weigh the pros and cons against each other. But we live in turbulent times.

A punch isn't going to change their minds, and most of them don't have the balls to actually attack minorities in public. So unless they strike first, all it it does is create douchey martyrs. Without context, the guy in the hoodie throwing the punch looks like the bad guy. That's, uh, not good. They use that type of shit (along with watered down versions of their psychobabble) to get a foothold into the mainstream.

I'm not sure who you're expecting to change their minds lol. Minorities sure as hell ain't tryin to. If you see yourself empathising more with Nazis than the groups they wish genocide upon, I question that person (and I'm not one to have a "conversation" to justify my people's existence).

Punching Nazis is completely fine, WWII.

Then again I completely understand why people are conflicted over this. I mean during WWII America went on and on about how immoral Nazis were that they would treat fellow humans that way all the while treating PoC like shit...

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
???

The only people that think the puncher is the one that looks like the bad guy after context are the ones that probably share his views and don't see Nazism/white supremacy/fascism as an issue.

They were never going to care about minorities in the first place.
That depends on how effective their propaganda machine is. We are now in the post truth era. Nazis weren't dangerous because people didn't punch them enough. They were dangerous because people listened to them.

That depends on how effective their propaganda machine is. We are now in the post truth era. Nazis weren't dangerous because people didn't punch them enough. They were dangerous because people listened to them.

There certainly were lots of people punching Nazis in Germany, given the frequency with which violent clashes happened between Communists and Nazis. Dozens killed on both sides in street fighting before Hitler had come to power.

Tubobutts

That is some pretty good propaganda if it can make a person who cares about minorities want to be nazi because they saw a nazi get punched for being a nazi.

If someone yelling Heil Hitler has your sympathies you are well beyond a lost cause. Fuck neo-nazis. Hit them with everything you got.

FreeMufasa

Of course someone posting pure garbage in the tomi thread is trying to make the white supremacist look good here. And of course also feigning victimhood. You know exactly who Shia is, you absolute idiot. Now everyone gets to see just how stupid you are. You made a post knowing full well who Shia was just a couple days ago. And now, just like that piece of human trash in the video, you get punked by your own inadequacy.

Ahem...

Par

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
That is some pretty good propaganda if it can make a person who cares about minorities want to be nazi because they saw a nazi get punched for being a nazi.
Neo-nazis are never going to use the word "Nazi" or any variation of it. They're going to play up how they're defending white culture and downplay their negative feelings towards minorities. They're going to pipe their message to low information people and spin the media to their favor. So they're going to try to convince those people that Spencer was punched by a nutjob just for having a modest opinion about how white people still matter. And if people don't think those type of tactics work then they must have fallen asleep during the election.

I don't think you can win an information war with punches.

Ahem...

Yeah, he's not poking his head out anytime soon.

Frodo

Ahem...

OMG this T being spilled.

tWn7ni8.gif

18v3uHz.gif

I live for this.

Carcetti

Ahem...

WaterAstro got knocked out like he was a nazi on live tv.

Ahem...

Lmao.

Donos

That guy's hat resembled the same type of cap that Imperial officers from Star Wars wear.

German Mountainhunter units (Gebirgsjäger) still wear a variant of that hat (military). It has a long military tradition in a couple countries but especially Germany and Austria (variant also used by the Wehrmacht in WW2). No wonder he is rocking it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom