• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii? Non! - Nintendo Land |OT|

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Nintendo Land |OT| Spend Sweet Days Blasting Balloons And Crashing Courses
Nintendo Land |OT| Chase Perky Pikmin While Luigi Does The Octopus Dance
Nintendo Land |OT| Of Battling Ninjas And Racing Fruit Carts
Nintendo Land |OT| Battling balloons blast sweet fruity falcons crashing Pikmin into ninja plumber octopi

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Nice OT.

It's weird because back at E3, I think a lot of NintendoGAF (including me) took out their frustrations at Nintendo's lacking presentation on this game. Now, I'm actually looking forward to playing it.

Kenka

I thought you were not on the Wii U train, Kenka? Anyway, nice thread.
I am not. Look at the OP, there are so many questions left unanswered in regard to pricing, online integration and services. I really wanted to know if my coldness regarding Wii was due to clairvoyance or unjustified reasons. Thus, I made the OP to be sure. And man, I was right, Nintendo simply hasn't delivered so far. I still don't know what I'd pay for.

But if I can play with some good mates, eventually, I'll buy it just like the PS3.

Thanks for the compliment. Thank you all for your feedback, it was my first OT in the gaming section and I really enjoy your reactions :)

eternalb

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I am not. Look at the OP, there are so many questions left unanswered in regard to pricing, online integration and services. I really wanted to know if my coldness regarding Wii was due to clairvoyance or unjustified reasons. Thus, I made the OP to be sure. And man, I was right, Nintendo simply hasn't delivered so far. I still don't know what I'd pay for.

But if I can play with some good mates, eventually, I'll buy it just like the PS3.

Thanks for the compliment. Thank you all for your feedback, it was my first OT in the gaming section and I really enjoy your reactions :)

In the olden days, we'd just want a look at the games, perhaps sneak a look at some screenshots in a magazine. Now it's all about wanting detail on every pixel of the experience so there is nothing left to discover. And online integration and local services is something that takes time to explain. I'm happy to wait for the US consumers to find that all out for me before the EU launch ;)

Fewr

Motion Plus required for some of the games non? I think OP should mention which, right now it is only mentioned once.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Who are all the Mii's in the banner meant to be?

I just know Reggie, Iwata, and...Miyamoto (with glasses?), and what seems to be Ganondorf and Link for some reason.

Neo C.

In the olden days, we'd just want a look at the games, perhaps sneak a look at some screenshots in a magazine. Now it's all about wanting detail on every pixel of the experience so there is nothing left to discover. And online integration and local services is something that takes time to explain. I'm happy to wait for the US consumers to find that all out for me before the EU launch ;)

I agree. It's funny because I know much more about the Wii U pre-launch than all Nintendo consoles pre-launch. Information is widely available, but people seem to focus on things Nintendo doesn't want to reveal (yet).

Downhome

Is there any chance they will expand the game with DLC over time? With a name like Nintendo Land it would certainly make sense.

It's also a good thing they are not including factory sealed copies of the game in the box, because if they were places like Walmart would mysteriously be receiving a lot of returns without a receipt.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Will definitely play the shit out of this, at least for the first few months when we have people over and want to show off the system.

Forkball

This is the game I will have to play every time someone is over because everyone says they want to play it instead of my other, much better games. It's like Wii Sports all over again.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
great OT. What's the pun in the title?

still, I love the Pikmin and Zelda graphical style. Glad they didn't go the barebones route with this one

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I am not sure. It hasn't been confirmed anywhere.

When I messaged NOA about it a month ago, their customer service could (of course) confirm nothing either and just directed me to the Wii U site.

I bought an extra Wiimote with Motion Plus built in just in case. That leaves me with two of those (Skyward Sword Wiimote) and one attachment for a controller. Doubtful I'll ever require four.. but if I do.. I'll probably just buy another attachment for $5 rather than investing $30+ into a Wiimote.

Nintendo Land : Wii-U's appetizer |OT|

No I'm ok with the title... the most important thing the OT itself is good. Thanks OP, hype still rising.

Platy

Most hyped Blue Ocean game for me ! =D

I'm an IP whore =/

Nintendo Land |OT| Battling balloons blast sweet fruity falcons crashing Pikmin into ninja plumber octopi

Nintendo Land |OT| Here is your F-Zero for the next 10 years
Nintendo Land |OT| Super Smash Blue Ocean Bros
Nintendo Land |OT| No Pokemons allowed
Nintendo Land |OT| BREAKING NEWS: Link is a Girl, no modding required

codhand

Chû Totoro;44293267 said:
Nintendo Land : Wii-U's appetizer |OT|

No I'm ok with the title... the most important thing the OT itself is good. Thanks OP, hype still rising.

I like the OP (pretty colors!), but the thread title sucks a fat one.

Nintendo Land |OT| Here is your F-Zero for the next 10 years
Nintendo Land |OT| Super Smash Blue Ocean Bros
Nintendo Land |OT| No Pokemons allowed
Nintendo Land |OT| BREAKING NEWS: Link is a Girl, no modding required

86202929-stfu-.gif

I'm pretty out of the loop on what exactly is in this title, but it certainly seems like Nintendo has put a ton of work into it. It seems much more fleshed out than Wii Sports (or even Sports Resort) was. And I thought Wii Sports was pretty damn brilliant, so I'm curious to see how much "Nintendo magic" they get into this one.

I hate all these OT's showing up. Still got to wait over 2 weeks here in the UK for this ;_;

--

Still i'm looking forward to this game more than most, just feel like it will be a blast with the housemates.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Game looks infinitely more appealing as a pack in compared to Wii Sports. Great move by Nintendo all around IMO. I can see Nintendo Land turning into a franchise of it's own in the future, a lot of strength in the concept.

I know nothing about what these mini-games are except the Luigi's Mansion one and Balloon Fight one and I fucking LOVE IT. Going in completely oblivious to what the games are is going to be super exciting for me.

Nintendo is making a big mistake by not packaging this with the basic bundle. The basic bundle is what most casual video game players would purchase since it's cheaper and this is the game that is supposed to explain the controller to the more casual players. The more involved and informed gamers are the ones buying the deluxe and they either don't want this game or would know enough to purchase it separately if they do. So it seems like this game will be getting into the wrong hands from who really needs it and would appreciate it.
Having said all of that, it looks really fun and I can't wait to try it.

Shaffield

Nintendo is making a big mistake by not packaging this with the basic bundle. The basic bundle is what most casual video game players would purchase since it's cheaper and this is the game that is supposed to explain the controller to the more casual players. The more involved and informed gamers are the ones buying the deluxe and they either don't want this game or would know enough to purchase it separately if they do. So it seems like this game will be getting into the wrong hands from who really needs it and would appreciate it.
Having said all of that, it looks really fun and I can't wait to try it.

wait wat
you're saying that the casual audience is less likely to buy a console with a game bundled?

wait wat
you're saying that the casual audience is less likely to buy a console with a game bundled?

Yes because the other one is cheaper. I have noticed casual purchasers (anecdotal obviously) seem to just grab the cheapest available option no matter what is in both boxes.

Hobby

Back of the JP box.

1-5 players
Supported video output: 480p, 720p
6 MB required for save data
Number of saves: 1 (shared among all users)
Supported controllers: Wii U gamepad, Wii Remote MotionPlus + Nunchuk (dependent on game played, sensor bar also required for some games)
Nintendo Network: sharing of experiences through Miiverse

x1hjD.jpg

Top Bottom