• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii? Non! - Nintendo Land |OT|

Platy

Still blows my mind that every game is not both single player and multiplayer game.

A multiplayer Yoshi and Ballon Fight with 4 players and friendly fire would be TOTAL CHAOS

edit :

So ... is there ANY first platform game that uses diferent saves for diferent profiles ? =P

Kenka

Do you guys know what this hub data is? It's taken from Bill Trinen presentation of Nintendo Network. On the right, it seems like you can see other people's achievements in some mini-games but on the left, I have no idea. I don't speak Japanese.

6_untitled95uic.png

Thread updated btw.

CoolS

I played the hell out off this at the WiiU Experience here in Germany last week. Didn't get to test some og the SP games, but man, the MP stuff is some of the most fun I've had in years with a videogame. Really looking forward to this one.

If somebody has any questions, fire away!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Do you guys know what this hub data is? It's taken from Bill Trinen presentation of Nintendo Network. On the right, it seems like you can see other people's achievements in some mini-games but on the left, I have no idea. I don't speak Japanese.

Thread updated btw.

List on the right is the amount of times each game has been played. Coins I think are used to by goodies for the hub. Not sure what the other list is, maybe connected players.

6_untitled95uic.png

Thread updated btw.

It's how many times they've played each game。

On the right, it seems like you can see other people's achievements in some mini-games but on the left, I have no idea. I don't speak Japanese.

On the right, it's the number of times played, like EatChildren said.

On the left:

Person with the most stamps
Person with the biggest collection
New(est?) player

Haunted

Man, a game with the Metroid, Zelda, Mario, F-Zero, Pikmin, Donkey Kong and Luigi's Mansion IPs in it and I don't want to play any of them.

Damn shame.

Kenka

I assume the coins gathered is the currency with which you buy "stamps" and increase your "collection"? :eek: ugh

I played the hell out off this at the WiiU Experience here in Germany last week. Didn't get to test some og the SP games, but man, the MP stuff is some of the most fun I've had in years with a videogame. Really looking forward to this one.

If somebody has any questions, fire away!

What multiplayer game is your early favorite???

OryoN

Man, where was this thread burried at? This was the perfect thread for the post below, but I couldn't find it, so I posted in the spec thread. Copy/paste(edited a bit):

Have anyone seen this latest clip of NintendoLand's plaza... night time?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoAyJd7Ra5k

Sorry if old...

Somewhat on topic: I'm really digging the visual style of this game. The image quality, lighting and textures are really well done, but it's the way everything comes together. At times, there's a decent amount of stuff in the scene, and yet none of the objects lack proper lighting/texturing, conveying a CG-like look. The (plaza) scenes appear very rich with effects and everything is animated beautifully, yet the console seems to have no real problem rendering it this a decent framerate(isn't NintendoLand confirmed to be 60 fps, btw?). Some parts of the video gives me that (old) Saturday 3D cartoons vibes. Can't wait to see what Nintendo's 2nd/3rd gen games look like, given their unique art styles.

Banjo N&B looks good, but from what I see in that clip, NintendoLand takes it, quite easily. May even take on P-101 also, but only in regards to those plaza scenes.

BowieZ

Banned
Played Animal Crossing, Zelda, DK, and Ninja Castle today.

All except DK were awesome - DK controls are a bit sensitive and will take a while to become familiarised.

Played Animal Crossing, Zelda, DK, and Ninja Castle today.

All except DK were awesome - DK controls are a bit sensitive and will take a while to become familiarised.

Was the concept/design of Donkey Kong fun though minus the control issues???

Or no???

The dude from GameExplain hates that minigame.

I always thought it looked very promising.

CoolS

What multiplayer game is your early favorite???

Probably a tie between Mario Chase and the Animal Crossing Sweet Day.

Mario Chase with a full group of 5 Players is just amazing. And it doesn't even matter which part you are playing. If you are Mario, it's just way to fun watching the other guys running around on the map and trying to find you, while you are hidden behind some block so they don't see you. And then when finally someone spots you you run around like crazy trying to loose them, most of the time only escaping by an inch.
And if you are playing the Toads and try to catch Mario, it's really 4 people working together and communicating, telling the others where Mario is. Because if you don't do that, you will have almost NO chance of actually catching him.
What I also really love was that you can see the face of the person using the gamepad thanks to the camera. It's hilarious seeing his face as he tries to escape 4 people coming at him from all sides. The other cool feature is that you see an overview of the map after the game is over where it shows the pathes everyone has been running.

Animal Crossing was very similiar, only that the roles are kind of reversed. The person with the gamepad controls two character, one with a knife an one with a fork and tries to catch the fruit gathering animals. The fun thing is that each stick controls one character, which can be quite confusing at first. The father you move the characters away from each other, the more you see on the map, but it also gets harder to control your two characters.
Playing as the animals was equally fun because you have to work together to get the fruit. Fruit is hanging on trees and you have to stand on little plattforms in front of the trees to get the fruit to drop. Trees that require 3 or 4 persons obviously drop more fruit than the ones requiring only 1 or 2.
But once you start gathering up the fruit the real fun starts. As you put more fruit in your hat(!), you get exponentially slower. But since you still need to escape the Knife an Fork guys, you can also drop fruit again. Which results in hilarious scenes where suddenly the chasing guy pops up behind you and you start dropping fruit like crazy to get a speed boost so he won't catch you. dropping fruit, while runnign away and becoming faster as a result looks hilarious and feels really fun and satisfying.

I can see myself spending hours on those two games alone.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
One thing to remember, when comparing Nuts & Bolts to Nintendo Land, is that the former is dealing with significantly more complex game logic than Nintendo Land's hub world. The latter is quite small and basic on an interactive level, which frees up resources.

Probably a tie between Mario Chase and the Animal Crossing Sweet Day.

Yeah, I know all about the games, just haven't played them for myself but thanks for the impressions.

They all look potentially fun but Animal Crossing: Sweet Day to me looks the most fun and funniest.

BowieZ

Banned

Or no???

It's hard to tell, because I was given no tutorial whatsoever, and straight away plunged into a relatively challenging level with elevators and other stuff, yet I didn't even understand the perils of what I was doing - you control some weird triangle and tipping it over causes your Mii ball to roll off and break, I guess - but it's not really the controls that made it hard (gyro) but the fact I didn't have enough time to learn what degree of momentum caused what kind of impact into all the different structures.

So it wasn't "fun" or "not fun" - it was just me struggling to figure it out and then I felt stupid dying so many times and didn't want to keep standing there learning it.

Fabrik

Banned
One thing to remember, when comparing Nuts & Bolts to Nintendo Land, is that the former is dealing with significantly more complex game logic than Nintendo Land's hub world. The latter is quite small and basic on an interactive level, which frees up resources.

And one was released 6 years ago :p
Oh noes, what have I done?

D-e-f-

Banned
What do I need to play this multiplayer?

Just one Wiimote plus or two? Can one use gamepad and one use wiimote?

Depends on how many people you have, obviously.

Metroid Blast uses Nunchuk & Wii RemotePlus so you need a set of those for up to four people. If you have that, you're set for all the games in Nintendo Land. I don't think Zelda: Battle Quest uses the Nunchuk so for the other games you only need Wii Remotes (Z:BQ requires Wiimote Plus as well)

zroid

Banned

Or no???

When I played it, I found it pretty challenging. Couldn't even get past the first stage in the limited time I had available. I don't think there's anything wrong with the controls -- everything moves as you'd expect it to. But you need to be careful if you're not intimately familiar with how the level plays, because even small overtilts can send you flying.

It's going to be a great game for score chasers, I think.

Chairhome

Joystiq posted a review :-D
Reading it now but its a 4/5. They say if you play with people that are Nintendo fans, its a blast.

Oh wow. Does the game really look that ugly?

Will have to see myself for sure. But I thought the game was supposed to be HD now.

Someone doesn't understand what HD is.

You know, I'd love an entire game of battle quest. Bigger levels and not on rails, man that would be so awesome. And instead of the gamepad player being an archer he could be Ganon and place enemies and take control of certain ones.

Battle quest being on rails is the only thing that really bothers me. It was my favorite looking minigame, and then I found that out and it just kind of deflated my hype for this as a whole.

dwu8991

Banned
there's quite a lot of depth in these games

can see myself playing over the 20 hour mark

depends how much of course you like replaying the same stags over and over again

Since i could only get a basic unit i figured id pick this up with it. Now im debating kweping my preorder. Ill basically only be playing solo and with the gamepad.

Still worth it for single player?

Teknoman

Does the metroid minigame allow you to play with the gamepad when outside the ship, or is it wiimote+nunchuk for samus style characters?

Mr. F

Banned
Watching the stream posted in the other Wii U thread, the music is phenomenal. The game on the whole seems incredibly charming.

Top Bottom