• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Browser Screenshot Thread

D-e-f-

Banned
They said the image quality matches the 360 and PS3 versions. It just runs at a worse framerate.

I think you're reading into something that isn't really there.

Is there a specific reason you need jump into Wii U thread today and be negative nancy again?

alf717

More AC III.

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01e5sj0.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01xgu4f.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01ffool.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01x8efw.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01k1l78.jpg

mo60

I actually like the visual design of this game.
gSkvBxJ.jpg

Does anyone know how to actually properly link an image uploaded on imagur?

Albo

Sonic lost world and nano assult neo demo's.

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01e3cjt.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01vrekx.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_018jfq1.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01oadfx.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01vosh3.jpg
wiiu_screenshot_tv_013esrr.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_017ss98.jpg

This part reminded me of F-zero :(, still, looking forward to how fast racing neo turns out at least.

Nah, I have AC4 on WiiU & PC plus my brother in law has it on 360, I can say right off that the wiiU version has better graphics than 360. Frame rate is fine and due to the game pad is the reason I'm playing my WiiU copy rather than my pc copy at max settings.

Do tell! What improvements did you see?

And does AC4 support off-TV play?

DedValve

Banned
I wish Dragons Dogma was on WiiU then I could finally have screens that don't look straight out of a PS2 game thanks to the terrible compression :(

wilflare

I'm trying to upload some screenshots.. it's stuck at pending :/
using imgur

EDIT: uploaded using abload.de
are all screenies limited to 720p?

Pitmonkey

Toki Tori 2

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01jlshe.jpg

The Wonderful 101

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01igzy6.jpg

Super Mario 3D World

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01mtk07.jpg

Zombi U

battlefield4screenshoj1ecu.png

Need for Speed: Most Wanted

battlefield4screensho2qpaf.png

Sonic: Lost World

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01vojp7.jpg

Pikmin 3

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01yoipy.jpg

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01plbks.jpg

prag16

Banned
I read the DF analysis on ACIV and I reached the conclusion that I am probably blind. Or my beamer is broken. Also I have probably a broken Gamepad as I could use it for controls without issues.

I'm a bit late with this, but I've played ACIV on both PS3 and Wii U (mostly on Wii U to be fair).. and the DF report kind of baffles me.

The Wii U iq seems better, and both versions had pretty bad frame drops.

The Wii U version DOES NOT fun 10fps lower than the PS3 version on average. That's straight up horse shit.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I'm a bit late with this, but I've played ACIV on both PS3 and Wii U (mostly on Wii U to be fair).. and the DF report kind of baffles me.

The Wii U version DOES NOT fun 10fps lower than the PS3 version on average. That's straight up horse shit.

Just out of curiosity, do you have the disc version or download?

I want to know too, I will get this game sometime.

prag16

Banned
Just out of curiosity, do you have the disc version or download?

I want to know too, I will get this game sometime.

I played the disc version on both systems.

There's still the possibility that I'm blind. But I doubt it, with my history of PC gaming. A 10fps difference on AVERAGE would stick out like a sore thumb (unless it was between say 50 and 40, which for this type of game probably wouldn't look any different to most people).

ozfunghi

I played the disc version on both systems.

There's still the possibility that I'm blind. But I doubt it, with my history of PC gaming. A 10fps difference on AVERAGE would stick out like a sore thumb (unless it was between say 50 and 40, which for this type of game probably wouldn't look any different to most people).

iirc DF only tests cutscenes. I have noticed with a couple WiiU games, that framedrops often happen during cutscenes (Batman AC, AC3, Deus Ex) while i don't really notice them during gameplay. Might this be because the game is loading in the background? I don't know. But the same seems to be true for Splinter Cell, where DF tested cutscenes and Lens of Truth didn't, i think. And going by memory, the PS3 version of AC4 ran about 2-4 fps faster than WiiU, while the 360 version ran between 4 and 8 fps faster. Never 10, certainly not on average, and certainly not for PS3.

Top Bottom