• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Browser Screenshot Thread

D-e-f-

Banned
iirc DF only tests cutscenes. I have noticed with a couple WiiU games, that framedrops often happen during cutscenes (Batman AC, AC3, Deus Ex) while i don't really notice them during gameplay. Might this be because the game is loading in the background? I don't know. But the same seems to be true for Splinter Cell, where DF tested cutscenes and Lens of Truth didn't, i think. And going by memory, the PS3 version of AC4 ran about 2-4 fps faster than WiiU, while the 360 version ran between 4 and 8 fps faster. Never 10, certainly not on average, and certainly not for PS3.

Well they gotta do what they can to keep the narrative alive ;)

Pjsprojects

Just to add that I have AC4 on PC and WiiU plus I have played the 360 game.
While the pc version looks the best the WiiU version is a better looking game than the 360 version,frame rate seems fine and out of the two it's the WiiU version I'm playing(see next gen screen shot thread).

D-e-f-

Banned
Just to add that I have AC4 on PC and WiiU plus I have played the 360 game.
While the pc version looks the best the WiiU version is a better looking game than the 360 version,frame rate seems fine and out of the two it's the WiiU version I'm playing(see next gen screen shot thread).

Sadly, the word of the DF overlords is gospel around these parts. :/

Cool to hear regardless.

ozfunghi

Woah, if that's true then their methodology is fucked up. This wouldn't surprise me at all after they screwed up their footage on BF4 Xbone.

Well, it is the only way to make 100% sure all versions are outputting the same thing. In gameplay, you'll never be able to generate the exact same settings/surroundings under the exact same circumstances.

Well, it is the only way to make 100% sure all versions are outputting the same thing. In gameplay, you'll never be able to generate the exact same settings/surroundings under the exact same circumstances.

They still could compare performance by playing a given stage and analyzing the data.
Exact frame by frame comparisons isn't needed for given an analysis on performance.

Comparing cutscenes is like using synthetic benchmarks, they don't reflect gameplay at all.

NOTE: I just watched the DF FPS comparison videos and they did test gameplay! ozfunghi, you misled me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QGNeLufdAU#t=119

Munkybhai

They still could compare performance by playing a given stage and analyzing the data.
Exact frame by frame comparisons isn't needed for given an analysis on performance.

Comparing cutscenes is like using synthetic benchmarks, they don't reflect gameplay at all.

NOTE: I just watched the DF FPS comparison videos and they did test gameplay! ozfunghi, you misled me.

I'll be honest, even when reading the numbers, I dont really see much difference between those three versions and they all run just fine. I'm sure others can, and I can tell games running at >48fps, but maybe it's just that whole thing about my expectations for cinematic sequences being set for movie-like 24fps. The Hobbit ended up looking weird to me because of that. With games that try to be cinematic, maybe I expect that more languid look 20-30fps gives you.

ozfunghi

I said iirc and "i think". They still use cutscenes in many of their comparisons, even if not always.

imsOl2WKVjhLN.jpg

dearodie

Posted others this in the next gen screenshot thread, figured this thread needs some wonderluv...

Mr. Renault
i0D2aQ0PxadFN.jpg

I'm still at the beginning of th game, but liking it so far
ibbJ0nGte4tlVp.jpg

Laaaaaaaammmbo
i8TYT508RgSye.jpg

makleod

Neo Member
Serious lack of Donkey Kong TF in this thread.

iNpaQo09qDyvP.jpg

Dat fur:

izEdZqqCsez6N.jpg

Kong playing some 3DS while I make a sandwich:

ibs4Ow5oKj80s0.jpg

Beautiful game so far. Up to World 3-3 now.

Neiteio

I'm posting this in the Wind Waker OT, the "selfies" thread, the WiiU browser thread, and the next-gen screenshot thread... because I pulled screens from all four.

A Flickr album compiling the best of Zelda screens on GAF

I apologize for the lack of attribution -- would've been exhausting cataloguing each piece -- but what we have here is a collection of nearly 200 shots (all 720p) from The Wind Waker HD, spanning three pages, making it a great way to appreciate the game's artistry. (I also included a 1080p screen capture of the "legend" at the end, as well as a piece of high-res promo art.)

I'm still adding to the album. If anyone wants to take the following shots in 720p, upload them to abload.de (to avoid compression), and PM me the links, I think they would add nicely to the collection:

• A clear, focused, nicely centered, first-person shot for each of the stained glass portraits of the sages in the room with the Master Sword under Hyrule Castle
  • Full-color shots of Jalhalla (Earth Temple boss) and Molgera (Wind Temple boss)
  • Shots of the various forms of Puppet Ganon
Also feel free to peruse the other sets I assembled. Like TWWHD, the Tropical Freeze album consists of shots by GAF (and me!). The albums for BioShock Infinite, Dark Souls, Sleeping Dogs and Sonic Generations are 100% me.

All beautiful games. If anyone wants to contribute Wind Waker HD shots, feel free to PM me. :)

I'm posting this in the Wind Waker OT, the "selfies" thread, the WiiU browser thread, and the next-gen screenshot thread... because I pulled screens from all four.

A Flickr album compiling the best of Zelda screens on GAF

I apologize for the lack of attribution -- would've been exhausting cataloguing each piece -- but what we have here is a collection of nearly 200 shots (all 720p) from The Wind Waker HD, spanning three pages, making it a great way to appreciate the game's artistry. (I also included a 1080p screen capture of the "legend" at the end, as well as a piece of high-res promo art.)

I'm still adding to the album. If anyone wants to take the following shots in 720p, upload them to abload.de (to avoid compression), and PM me the links, I think they would add nicely to the collection:

• A clear, focused, nicely centered, first-person shot for each of the stained glass portraits of the sages in the room with the Master Sword under Hyrule Castle
  • Full-color shots of Jalhalla (Earth Temple boss) and Molgera (Wind Temple boss)
  • Shots of the various forms of Puppet Ganon
Also feel free to peruse the other sets I assembled. Like TWWHD, the Tropical Freeze album consists of shots by GAF (and me!). The albums for BioShock Infinite, Dark Souls, Sleeping Dogs and Sonic Generations are 100% me.

All beautiful games. If anyone wants to contribute Wind Waker HD shots, feel free to PM me. :)

Lol, 2 of mine made it in there. Great collection, the game is simply stunning.

Blues1990

The graphical engine that was used for this game makes it truly something to behold, especially when it comes to the fire & particle effects.

WiiU_screenshot_4.jpg

WiiU_screenshot_6.jpg

WiiU_screenshot_2.jpg

Exile20

Thanks is it in NA yet. My 9yo daughter has chess lessons at school so I bet she will love this.

Probably $10 in NA.

Remember Wii U screen caps are 720p, LoZ WW has the same issue.

Oh ok, I didn't know that.

The cost of Pure Chess is
Cost: £4.99 / €5.99 / $7.99

Holy shit, I never noticed before;

The texturing on the grass and such, look at the mapping and what not, that's no "DKCR+". o_O

And I'm still wondering what graphical improvements are in the Wii U version of AC4 over PS360. I've heard people say they're there, but never said in WHAT WAY!

Top Bottom