• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U System Update Details

Status
Not open for further replies.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
Costs money to make sure each game works flawlessly on the new emulator. You can still play the games as you paid for them (even on the new machine), but if you want new features then you pay a little to upgrade. That's not exactly a foreign concept anywhere in the business sphere - Nintendo or otherwise.

The Zelda Collector's Edition was so bad because Majora's Mask hardly worked on it - widespread freezing and lower FPS than intended. I'd rather Nintendo put out the effort and make sure the game works flawlessly than put it out like they did there. Also, you're thinking of the Ocarina of Time + Master Quest which came with preorders of Wind Waker. Collectors Edition was given to Nintendo Power members who did something (I forget what). OoT + MQ was a pretty nice bonus, though.

Wait, really? How the hell did I get it then? I've been wondering this for the longest time, as I just can't remember. Was it because I worked at ebGames at the time maybe?

Oh great. Nothing for me on Tuesday then. Fucking Nintendo failures.

Yeah, wait three weeks and they're selling the game for 30 cents instead of eight bucks (much as people like to complain about how Nintendo prices their games).

Such failures.

Wait, really? How the hell did I get it then? I've been wondering this for the longest time, as I just can't remember. Was it because I worked at ebGames at the time maybe?

Oh, it was included in some Gamecube bundle too in addition to the Nintendo Power thing.

Burning Justice

the superior princess

IIRC, for North America, there were three ways to get the Collector's Edition in late 2003/early 2004:

• Buy a new GameCube that came with it
  • Subscribe to Nintendo Power for a year
  • Register any two of the following four games on My Nintendo: Mario Kart: Double Dash, Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, Mario Party 5, 1080 Avalanche.
The third way was the way I got it.

CrunchyB

IIRC, there were three ways to get the Collector's Edition in late 2003/early 2004:

• Register any two of the following four games on My Nintendo: Mario Kart: Double Dash, Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, Mario Party 5, 1080 Avalanche.

I didn't get it in any of those ways. I'm in the EU and I think I got it through the Nintendo website, by spending some of those otherwise useless stars.

linkboy

IIRC, for North America, there were three ways to get the Collector's Edition in late 2003/early 2004:

I ended up with 4 copies of that game.

I subscribed to Nintendo Power and they ended up mailing me two, I bought a GC with it and gave my old one to my brother and I registered the two games.

I gave two copies away to people, opened one and kept the last one sealed, ended up selling it.

Mileena

Banned
Yeah, wait three weeks and they're selling the game for 30 cents instead of eight bucks (much as people like to complain about how Nintendo prices their games).

Such failures.

I'm not cheap and I can afford to pay the "full price" for it to get it early. I don't understand why they can't put it up Tuesday and then make it 30 cents on their terrific sale promotion May 15th.

But at least I can finally play SMW again Tuesday :rollseyes:

Meelow

Banned
VirtualConsole_zpsf9d9b967.jpg

2 Days?? How come I can't see anything on the Wii U facebook page? I am in Mexico. They just uploaded a post about that Disney game... meh.

netBuff

2 Days?? How come I can't see anything on the Wii U facebook page? I am in Mexico. They just uploaded a post about that Disney game... meh.

The post is region locked, either Nintendo is bad at social media (very likely) or Virtual Console isn't launching everywhere in two days.

serplux

I'm not cheap and I can afford to pay the "full price" for it to get it early. I don't understand why they can't put it up Tuesday and then make it 30 cents on their terrific sale promotion May 15th.

But at least I can finally play SMW again Tuesday :rollseyes:

I...think you're just about the only person who'd be willing to do that. :p

Mileena

Banned
I...think you're just about the only person who'd be willing to do that. :p

I've been waiting for this game to come out on 3DS or Wii U VC for a while now. I like the smaller screen for old games so they don't look so bad.

I wouldn't be bitching if there was at least something I wanna play coming on Tuesday. SM64 would have been lovely :|

serplux

I've been waiting for this game to come out on 3DS or Wii U VC for a while now. I like the smaller screen for old games so they don't look so bad.

I wouldn't be bitching if there was at least something I wanna play coming on Tuesday. SM64 would have been lovely :|

*shrugs*, Super Mario World is my favorite Mario. :3 And you no like Kirby's Adventure?

You are in for a treat when Super Metroid arrives though.

Roo

Sorry if it's a dumb question but since I don't own any VC yet....
Do VC games only support the gamepad or I can play with the Wii U Pro?
Also, I read somewhere (maybe here in NeoGAF) that you can remap the buttons. Is that true? If so, that applies to the WUPC too or just the Gamepad?

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Also, I read somewhere (maybe here in NeoGAF) that you can remap the buttons. Is that true? If so, that applies to the WUPC too or just the Gamepad?

VC games support Wii U GamePad, Wii U Pro Controller, Wii Classic Controller, and, for NES games only, Wii Remote (either turned on its side or upright).

Button remapping can be done with any controller.

You should be able to play with the Pro controller just fine - as long as they are Wii U Virtual Console games (it won't work with Wii ones, for obvious reasons).

D-e-f-

Banned

You can literally use ALL the controllers that are compatible with Wii U. And remap all of the buttons on them.

he episode originally scheduled for this week, was deemed inappropriate by NBC in light of last week's events in Boston.

linkboy

VC games support Wii U GamePad, Wii U Pro Controller, Wii Classic Controller, and, for NES games only, Wii Remote (either turned on its side or upright).

Which is nice, because it's something you couldn't do with the Wii VC. I much prefer using B and Y for NES games instead of A and B.

Roo

You should be able to play with the Pro controller just fine - as long as they are Wii U Virtual Console games (it won't work with Wii ones, for obvious reasons).

You can literally use ALL the controllers that are compatible with Wii U. And remap all of the buttons on them.

he episode originally scheduled for this week, was deemed inappropriate by NBC in light of last week's events in Boston.

Thank you so much, guys.
So glad I can use any controller and remap the buttons.
Carpe Libertatem, I know the Pro controller doesn't work with Wii VC games.
I asked this because I don't want to be recharging the gamepad too often playing VC games to be honest, I never could adjust to the Wii Classic/Classic Pro shape and button layout and since I own a WUPC, I don't have to worry about any of those things anymore :D

Drago

I hope LttP shows up really soon. I have the Wii version but I never played it and would much rather play it directly from WiiU, primarily for gamepad.

And I really wish there was variable VC pricing. I will never pay $5 for Balloon Fight, Ice Climbers, or Excitebike (this isn't even mentioning that I have all of those on my 3DS already...)
I really really hope Nintendo does consistent VC sales. I would love that.

You can actually use the Wii remote sideways for SNES games too. You just can't map EVERYTHING. But you can in fact still use them, so hey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom