• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U System Update Details

Status
Not open for further replies.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
anyway why can't you just take our word for it that the 3 Days image is now a 2 Days image
If everyone else here saw it, I'll trust you.. I've just gotten weary of the way the internet turns Nintendo rumors into "Nintendo said _____".

Edit: Still don't see it on the page... weird.

zroid

Banned
J1dq4jd.png

they should update later today with 1 Day image since it is only 12am EST (the game in the image was changed from Kong to Ice Climbers)

I am going to wait until 3am to check my Wii U for updates again

When did the various 3DS firmware updates appear? I can't remember what hour they popped up at...

yeah good point but I don't keep up with my 3DS as much as I do with my Wii U
so I updated mine weeks later

am I the only one who has tools open and have the System Update button on my gamepad pressing it every 10 minutes?

zroid

Banned
yeah good point but I don't keep up with my 3DS as much as I do with my Wii U
so I updated mine weeks later

am I the only one who has tools open and have the System Update button on my gamepad pressing it every 10 minutes?

it's going to be a long night for you, haha

EloquentM

aka Mannny
lmao smiles your name is so appropriate. you're always engaging in activities which make you happy and sad at the same damn time. have fun with that long ass update.

I keep pressing the button too

*cries*

but the fix already exists, change setting on tv, if no setting exists buy new tv
I'm really tired of people acting like this isn't a problem.

Some TVs like mine can not change the setting i display it to where it fits the screen. I can only change it to make it more zoomed in or 4:3.

So yes, it IS a problem and you all shouldn't keep saying it isn't.

Its so fucking annoying too. My PS3 or 360 doesn't have this problem. I...I can't even stand to play any games on it. I hate that I have to play games on the tv zoomed in. Thankfully, the games that I have that doesn't support off tv play, ZombiU and Lego City, it doesn't appear to be much of a problem but still.

All they gotta do is add a resize option for the entire OS. Theres one for Miiverse and eShop. Nintendo can't be lazy when it comes to this. Having stuff not tied to accounts or lacking online features or slow OS are one thng(s). But this titally messes up the way you play the games and it needs t be fixed above all else.

"Buy a new Tv" Thats some BS advice you got there.

Anywayz: I hope SMW is a launch title. Of all the announced games this is the only one I care about besides Earthbound. Kinda hard to get excited when its all NES games I have on 3DS. Get some SNES games up in here! I hope ALTTP comes soon, I want to finally beat it and I can't get past Dark Dungeon 4 in the Wii version. Its too hard without save states.

HopeN64 games are soon. I want Mario 64, Paper Mario, and Majora's Mask off tv!

Its allowing me to play BF3 on my pc and surf GAF between deaths and map changes. winnar winnar...

are you saying you only have one socket outlet to share with you PC and Wii U

you'll need to find a way to keep your Wii U plugged in after this update because this update allows the Wii U to update even when you turn it off it goes into standby

bh7812

Banned
Oh man, it just hit me, I hope the system update isn't +250MB e__e

Hate to say it but judging by what this update entails, it's probably going to be a very large file. If it wasn't speeding up the OS and improving load times then I'd say it would be much smaller. The only way I see this update being near a sane file size is if the speed improvements are hot fixes and can just be patched in. But that plus Virtual Console stuff, I'd bet the file will be the whole damn OS with all the fixes/improvements. I did the most recent update on Saturday so I don't have 2 downloads to deal with when this new update goes live and that download took just 3 minutes! I was pleasantly surprised by how fast it was. Doubt we're going to be that lucky again :(. Oh well, if it fixes most of the major freezing issues too it will be worth it for most Wii U owners.

are you saying you only have one socket outlet to share with you PC and Wii U

you'll need to find a way to keep your Wii U plugged in after this update because this update allows the Wii U to update even when you turn it off it goes into standby
I have enough power for both, but my Wii U was unplugged since it was not being used and just being a power vampire. Be interesting to play with the new features. Hopefully it works as well as the 360 implementation.

I have enough power for both, but my Wii U was unplugged since it was not being used and just being a power vampire. Be interesting to play with the new features. Hopefully it works as well as the 360 implementation.

so sad that one of the things most die hard Nintendo fans hated about the Wii U was Nintendo's decision to make this the lowest possible power vampire in the world making the CPU and GPU focus on saving energy :)

I am more excited to see what the Summer Update will bring to be honest

Rubixcuba

Banned
so sad that one of the things most die hard Nintendo fans hated about the Wii U was Nintendo's decision to make this the lowest possible power vampire in the world making the CPU and GPU focus on saving energy :)

I am more excited to see what the Summer Update will bring to be honest

Summer Update? What's meant to be in that update?

Summer Update? What's meant to be in that update?

everyone expects this Spring update to speed things up but Iwata said it was two updates to do the job so Summer is the real thing while spring is just a Beta really

also if spring brings VC summer should bring other features we should know about by E3

Roo

Alistair Roo: can delete some digital games to make room and download the games again from eShop when he as room

Nahh. I have plenty of room to host the update. The download speed is what I'm worried about.
Nintendo's servers tend to be pretty slow. A lot of people will be downloading the update at the same time around the world making it even worse and if that wasn't enough, I'm sure 95% of people from my region use the same ISP making a huge download unbearable from 3:00pm to 8-9:00pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom