• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will Xbox games look better on PS5 Pro?

MH3M3D

With PS5 Pro coming soon and no indication of a Series XXX or whatever, are games like CoD6 and Doom going to be better on a Playstation? Would Microsoft allow that to happen? Will those with both consoles like myself be forced to choose between “free” with Gamepass or full price but better on Pro? Strange times ahead.

Fahdis

No. No they won't. I changed my vote because I'm a green rat now.

Pizza Rat GIF by Josh Freydkis

Last edited:

Tsaki

Yes. Even if they specifically do nothing with the code (they will use the hardware but let's say if), the framerate and the dynamic resolutions will be higher

With PS5 Pro coming soon and no indication of a Series XXX or whatever, are games like CoD6 and Doom going to be better on a Playstation? Would Microsoft allow that to happen? Will those with both consoles like myself be forced to choose between “free” with Gamepass or full price but better on Pro? Strange times ahead.
Sea of thieves and games like Minecraft will be there for us to see what they will do in general. If they don't, they will risk harming their position so they will need a good reason not to.
Maybe they will try to give Xbox owners some cosmetics for free as a token apology gift? No idea for single player games.
Yes they will

The Pro will be the best console experience for awhile
Damn. They really are 100% all in to try and be third party it this is true...

Quasicat

Gold Member
I think most gamers won’t be able to tell enough to care.
I’ve been playing MLB The Show on Gamepass and it looks as good as it does on PS5. There may be some differences, but it’s probably too small to be noticed by most people.

MH3M3D

I’ve been playing MLB The Show on Gamepass and it looks as good as it does on PS5. There may be some differences, but it’s probably too small to be noticed by most people.
Theres gonna be a 4-year technological leap between series x and the ps5 pro though.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
The PS5 Pro will render 45% faster than the current PS5 before PSSR patches

But you are likely right most wont be able to tell enough to actually care

Mr Moose

You mean streaming? If so, umm... No.

Probably yes, but I'm curious about something else:

Sony has to provide PS5 Pro (and PS6 in the future) devkits to their competitor (Microsoft) to bring XBOX games to the PS ecosystem.

Is that OK? Does it even make sense?

How are you going to keep company secrets (like secret sauce customizations to the APU)?

I can't be the only one thinking this. Even Cerny won't answer this question.

feynoob

Same thing as ps5 games on pc. Games aimed at Xbox would have better performance, because it gets more support and atterntion.
The ps5 pro hardware might brute force it like pc though.

feynoob

Probably yes, but I'm curious about something else:

Sony has to provide PS5 Pro (and PS6 in the future) devkits to their competitor (Microsoft) to bring XBOX games to the PS ecosystem.

Is that OK? Does it even make sense?

How are you going to keep company secrets (like secret sauce customizations to the APU)?

I can't be the only one thinking this. Even Cerny won't answer this question.
They dont care, because Xbox will also provide their dev kits to sony in the process too.

They dont care, because Xbox will also provide their dev kits to sony in the process too.
Does Sony plan to bring 1st party exclusives to XBOX?

Either way, we may see more homogenized PS6/next-gen XBOX APUs if that's the case.

No more secret sauce customizations.

If it exists then they should look better. However, I think it will primarily be a resolution increase and potentially a more stable frame rate. I don't see anything beyond that. I can't see Microsoft adding something like ray tracing to a PS5 port.

feynoob

Does Sony plan to bring 1st party exclusives to XBOX?

Either way, we may see more homogenized PS6/next-gen XBOX APUs if that's the case.

No more secret sauce customizations.
destiny,marathon, mlb. any MP game that requires huge audience will benefit from that.

Fredrik

Depends on whether MS decides to cripple performance and features on the Pro.
They won’t. I don’t think they even can. Unstable framerates will be stable and dynamic resolutions will reach the max cap without any coding needed.

The only way it’ll stay the same is if the higher specs are locked behind a boost mode of sorts and if games needs to be updated to access those specs. Then MS can choose to not update their games.

Skifi28

What kind of question is that? Obviously no, why would hardware with a 50% better GPU and AI upscaling provide better results?

Edit: On a more serious note, I can't imagine MS not supporting the pro. In their current releases they take advantage of the PS5 and it even produces better results in some cases.

Last edited:

Skifi28

Nope, I’m talking about playing it natively on the console. I do stream to my Steam Deck occasionally, but I was specifically talking about playing on a Series X.
The PS5 and series X are nearly identical so no surprise there. The PS5 pro will not be.

jm89

Awkward times at xbox when that happens.

Ps5 pro patches are going to be common. If Xbox first party games don't have pro patches it's gonna stick out like a sore thumb and create drama, having a patch is also gonna create some drama.

Fun times.

Last edited:

SonGoku

As long as they have dynamic resolution on PS5 i dont see why not, they would look better on Pro without the need for patches even

Last edited:

Quasicat

Gold Member
The PS5 and series X are nearly identical so no surprise there. The PS5 pro will not be.
I agree, but my question was do you think most gamers will even know the difference. I think we’re getting to the point where it’s really not as noticeable as it used to be with the Pro consoles last generation.

winjer

They won’t. I don’t think they even can. Unstable framerates will be stable and dynamic resolutions will reach the max cap without any coding needed.

The only way it’ll stay the same is if the higher specs are locked behind a boost mode of sorts and if games needs to be updated to access those specs. Then MS can choose to not update their games.

Of course they can.
Dynamic resolution scalers have lower and upper limits. MS can just decide to have the same resolution limit for the Pro and the Series X.
And in games that can go to 60fps on the Pro, they can cap it to 30.
Or they can have low quality Ray-tracing effects, despite the Pro having much better RT acceleration.
And the list goes on and on.

hussar16

Yea ur gona get about 20 extra frames .congrats

Top Bottom