• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will Xbox games look better on PS5 Pro?

SHA

Imagine after Phil called out Playstation for "slimy platform things" regarding COD tactics recently used by PS so Phil buys COD throws it on Gamepass and this first year Sony releases the Pro and throws in a copy of BO6 where its the best console experience

Richard Pryor Comedy GIF by Turner Classic Movies
Yeah, cod bo6 is the embodiment of the Trojan Horse, Xbox users will stick with gp and Playstation users will buy their copies.

SHA

Of course. Microsoft are not a competitor to sony anymore and the PlayStation audience are their customers now. Doesn't matter if the team that is in charge of the xbox brand are salty about it. Microsoft will want to sell as many copies as they can on every platform. That's the whole point of putting games on other platforms.
But that will generate more sales anyway which is what they want.

Mobilemofo

Yes, that is the Xbox games that are on PS5, the smaller games and gaas, if you want to play big hitters like Halo, Gears, Forza, Halo ect theres a console for you Xbox Series X/S. PS5 Pro is going to be the most powerfull console in the world, I hold my hands up, and I will buy 1 💪💪💪, but come end of next yr/ 1st half 2026 Xbox are coming with some powerfull shit that will be the place to play these games, even Nvida will come with there 5090 to supers and will quiver at the power of the X 💪💪💪
I don't think people will think of Xbox as " the place to play games " quite frankly. That's never been the case, and certainly won't be in future, even with new hardware (probably their final hardware). Games. Folk will go where the games are. Also, outside of the pc wankathon about ray tracing, not alot of people give a fuck about it tbh.

recursive

Probably yes, but I'm curious about something else:

Sony has to provide PS5 Pro (and PS6 in the future) devkits to their competitor (Microsoft) to bring XBOX games to the PS ecosystem.

Is that OK? Does it even make sense?

How are you going to keep company secrets (like secret sauce customizations to the APU)?

I can't be the only one thinking this. Even Cerny won't answer this question.
I don't think that is a big issue. Microsoft would have already had access to devkits going back to ps4 era with Minecraft for example.

I don't think that is a big issue. Microsoft would have already had access to devkits going back to ps4 era with Minecraft for example.
Even SDKs are considered a trade secret (that's why not everyone has access to them), so this doesn't feel right to me...

Top Bottom