• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

William & Kate Royal Wedding |OT| 2000 Guests, 8000 Media, Est.2Billion Watching

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazylegs

entrement said:
So does the Queen have to die for him to take the throne?
No. The Queen can simply step down and pass along the throne. It's quite feasible that the Queen could get Charles' agreement to forfeit the throne and name William as King straight away. That scenario has been discussed as a real possibility.

Koodo

Banned
Dreams-Visions said:
he really is very young for that.
It's a shame.

But we have his brother at least.

mwp0n4.jpg

methos75

Banned
LOL at the Union Jack Under-roos, just LOL. Imagine the media backlash if Bush had a pic of himself taken wearing Stars and Stripes Underwear.

apana

I'm not sure what all the debate is about. In terms of publicity this has been the best thing for the country since Harry Potter. The whole world is focusing in on the couple right now. To be fair though, I don't know anything about how the British monarchy works except for the fact that it's mostly symbolic.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Cosmic Dreams said:
I'm late to the party, but is it over now?
last i saw, blanche was just spraying herself as prince harry walked down the aisle with his bride to be camilla parker bowles

Esiquio

So, the strangest thing happened to me this morning. After just not being very interested in this whole thing, I just suddenly could not get enough of it. I just found everything very interesting: the insight into the royal family, the Westminster Abbey is just a gorgeous church, looking at all the military uniforms and trying to make out rank/medals (extremely difficult, their full dress uniforms are VERY dressy), all of the royalty from different countries I never knew about (Sweden?!), and all that.

I did all this while I did laundry and my wife complained that it was boring and she wanted to change the channel. Am I less of a man, GAF?

Esiquio said:
So, the strangest thing happened to me this morning. After just not being very interested in this whole thing, I just suddenly could not get enough of it. I just found everything very interesting: the insight into the royal family, the Westminster Abbey is just a gorgeous church, looking at all the military uniforms and trying to make out rank/medals (extremely difficult, their full dress uniforms are VERY dressy), all of the royalty from different countries I never knew about (Sweden?!), and all that.

I did all this while I did laundry and my wife complained that it was boring and she wanted to change the channel. Am I less of a man, GAF?

Yes

kitch9

Banned
apana said:
I'm not sure what all the debate is about. In terms of publicity this has been the best thing for the country since Harry Potter. The whole world is focusing in on the couple right now. To be fair though, I don't know anything about how the British monarchy works except for the fact that it's mostly symbolic.

That's all they are really, a national symbol kind of super ambassador for the UK.

If we need to show somebody we mean business diplomatically we send a royal. Not that it helped our world cup bid.

Some people appear to have a problem with that, and can't grasp the idea that most of the UK understands what they are and don't have a problem with it.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Koodo said:
lol look at the difference in quality between the chairs on the left and the chairs on the right.

The middletons and spencers had better know their place!

dc89 said:
LOL was that yesterday or when they went for a fitting?

You can see the tailor measuring. Hmm.

It's from a book of 'paparazzi' fake photos released before the wedding. They're lookalikes.

*party-pooper*

Man

Cosmic Bus said:
Have we talked about Harry in his royal skivvies?

uefEt.jpg

Who took that pic? I believe whomever did it will regret bitterly (unless the person is a part of the royal family).

Wykesie

Neo Member
My step mother got a commission to make a hat for one of the weddings guests and we saw it on TV quite a few times it got a lot of coverage really. I was really proud :D

Which military dress was Harry wearing? I'm trying to find out but can't seem to know

Same with Charles and Phillip

That was the best part of the whole wedding, I find full military dress absolutely amazing and all the knights on the horses

Wicked

I have never been a royalist and kinda disliked it. But yesterday I watched the wedding out of boredom and I liked it a lot. It's beautiful and inspiring in many ways.

Nolan.

gofreak said:
The middletons and spencers had better know their place!

It's from a book of 'paparazzi' fake photos released before the wedding. They're lookalikes.

*party-pooper*

I was just wondering why the tailor is taking the measurement that way, ha fooled me.

gerg

I don't see Kate's sister's ass in that photo.

All I notice is the most egregious zip down the back of a dress I've ever seen.

For shame.

Deadman

LATEST:

UK audience figures show that an estimated 24.8 million watched the royal wedding on television, 18.7m of those on the BBC

From the bbc.

elseanio

Mecha_Infantry said:
Which military dress was Harry wearing? I'm trying to find out but can't seem to know

That was the best part of the whole wedding, I find full military dress absolutely amazing and all the knights on the horses

Wicked

I think Harry is wearing his Blues and Royals uniform.

William is definitely wearing an Irish Guards uniform.

kitch9

Banned
Deadman said:
LATEST:

UK audience figures show that an estimated 24.8 million watched the royal wedding on television, 18.7m of those on the BBC

From the bbc.

BBBBBBut the what about silent majority who aren't interested apparently.....?

gerg

kitch9 said:
BBBBBBut the what about silent majority who aren't interested apparently.....?

And this doesn't even count the number of people who would have watched it online, either.

Mecha_Infantry said:

Wicked

Harry wore the uniform of Captain of the Household Cavalry, Charles wore the ceremonial uniform of the Royal Navy 'Number One' Dress, William was wearing the Colonel of the Irish Guards uniform...don't know about Phillip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom