• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2012 Anime Thread of Roundcats Up in This

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cwarrior

Sket Dance 14/15
tumblr_lz7m2b7rsY1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Reborn reference!?, though with a brown haired gokudera and from when the animation was lacking, nice. Though why is Kusakabe on the cover. I hope theres more of these type of things in this anime.

14 with Uchida made me tear up so touching what the class did.

Branduil

ulysses is gone? Weird, he seemed like a pretty careful guy.

He's back. Accidental ban? I saw nothing in his post history that was borderline.

Yep, this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeWb3_a7STs&context=C30fea94ADOEgsToPDskKUxtApb1_Q4Tz1J0NjiW8r

Unless you mean the show title, because if so then it's Puella Magi Madoka Magica, and the video that gif is from is not official.

Wow, that's pretty incredible. I mean that's some legitimately well-done fan animation.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Ulysses? Yes, that was what they used to call me. Ulysses the Gray. That was my name. I am Ulysses the White. And I come back to you now, at the turn of......yeah, you get it.

Boy that was scary!

Thoraxes

The Adolescence of RevoYurilutionary Girl Utena

First off, this movie was very pretty and nicely animated. It was a visual treat to watch.

Now that that's out of the way...

I was all, OK this is a retelling or something, but with a little more drama and faster pace... and then I saw the divergence point, but then like, it
went off the deep end.
Then the whole second half of the movie happened and the
butterflies, cabbage patch rape fields, car wash is a machine or something, F-ko and E-ko and the TV network, the tapes, Utena becoming a car, speed racer, the tunnel tunnel, castle is actually a car to the end of the world or blocking it or something, and then a car powered by naked yuri love, and I don't even, "Oh SO YOU THINK YOU WERE THE ONLY ONE WHO COULD TURN INTO A CAR?!?! MUHAHAHAH!" Then Akio being a date rapist or something, and she was actually awake, then Anthy got stabbed I guess, and Touga being a ghost or something who kissed Utena and then swam away because that's what happens when you drown, and short-hair Utena, and then I thought Miki was dark-skinned or something and his sister tried to cut him or his hair in the bath, and then there's naked painting, Nanami is a cow, I don't know what that other thing was with Chu-Chu, the Rose Bride is made to fuck everyone or something because Anthy was acting like a huge slut at the start, lesbians power the fighting spirit to gain the power of Dios or some shit, art class is some serious shit, and then the car got regenerated, then Dios died or something, that car was getting smashed for forever, and then the car became a naked girl that locks legs with the other women and they made out as they powered the car into the other world.

Needless to say, this is the fuel that will power our cars in the future. It will become viable.

Instro

Toriko 42

One would think with the powers of premonition, Coco could have instantly surmised what Chris would have wanted. All the fan submissions were great.

Well, he's only 99% accurate right? This Nessie story felt like filler, haven't bothered to check the manga to see if that's the case. Pretty fun to see the guys compete though.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
how do i turn off the comments in nico english....its hard to enjoy this with 4chan memes every other second

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
how do i turn off the comments in nico english....its hard to enjoy this with 4chan memes every other second
There should be a button, think it's towards the bottom right of the player near the full screen thing.

That certainly was an anime.

I think MLP has spoiled me about female voice acting, I was cringing while watching.

I'll still watch it though.

I bow to Miri's superior marathoning skills. I did what I could, but in the end I was not willing to make this the top priority of my life.

I still intend to finish Ueki, since I am legitimately enjoying it.

Jex

Mamotte Shugogettan - 09
Mamotte Shugogettan - 10
Mamotte Shugogettan - 11
Mamotte Shugogettan - 12
Mamotte Shugogettan - 13
Mamotte Shugogettan - 14
Mamotte Shugogettan - 15
Mamotte Shugogettan - 16
Mamotte Shugogettan - 17
Mamotte Shugogettan - 18
Mamote Shingogettan - 19
Mamotte Shugogettan - 20
Mamotte Shugogettan - 21
Mamotte Shugogettan - 22 (Finale)
Texhnolyze - 01
Texhnolyze - 02
Mother of god....

Jex

Eureka Seven 1

This just seems like a poor man's Air Gear with less likable characters to me. Even the concept of Waves seems eerily similar to Roads. Renton and Eureka are both annoying. Hope they get better.

Just wait till later on when
they get to look after some kids who are even more annoying then they are!

Jex

And the winner is Miri! Sorry Hosanna.

Final Standings at point of completion:

Miri: 51/51 (100%)
Hosanna: 41/51 (80%)
Geneijin: Retired at 62/81 (77%)
Lafiel: Retired at 1/51 (2%)

Prizes will be distributed to the top 3. Thanks for playing!

I think we can see who the real winner is. Why has Genijin's target target to hit hither than everyone else's?

Azure J

Katanagatari 1 & 2

I'm really going to enjoy this one. :)

I'm especially in love with the art style used for the show. Although you can tell that these episodes were more setup in nature, it looks like I did good in picking it. One thing still makes me wonder though, are all the action scenes as concise as they were with body horror ninja and old man Vergil/Sojiro in the second episode?

Jex

Black Rock Shooter 2

Here I was thinking you couldn't make teenager melodrama too melodramatic. I was wrong. So very, very wrong.

At least it's not ugly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom