• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Storm for NE/MA States Friday-Sunday (Up: Blizzard warnings)

Status
Not open for further replies.

luoapp

Sorry if posted before thought it was pretty funny :D

V0FJ9vw.gif

everyday i'm shovelling

ruxtpin

Banned
The missus and I attempted a move from Atlanta to Conshohocken, PA this week. All the stuff reserved and paid for, left with the rental truck at 5am on Friday and only got to Durham, NC. Hoping to make it the rest of the way tomorrow, but it's a nightmare trying to drive a large moving truck in this shit. Hey snow, fuck you!

SeanR1221

The missus and I attempted a move from Atlanta to Conshohocken, PA this week. All the stuff reserved and paid for, left with the rental truck at 5am on Friday and only got to Durham, NC. Hoping to make it the rest of the way tomorrow, but it's a nightmare trying to drive a large moving truck in this shit. Hey snow, fuck you!

Conshy is a cool place! I've spent a lot of time there.

dEvAnGeL

Just ti think about tomorrow's day it gets me depressed, it's gonna take me at least 4 hours just to get my cars unburied, jez...

Tehalemi

Still going strong:

I had actually taken snow off the window here a few hours ago, but the wind just brings it all back:

The backyard area. There are some trees down there poking through, but the trees you don't see are completely covered. :|
To the far right in front of the big building in the distance is the El train. It's so eerie not hearing a sound from subway traffic for so many hours.

Just ti think about tomorrow's day it gets me depressed, it's gonna take me at least 4 hours just to get my cars unburied, jez...

back in 2010 when i shovel 20plus inches of snow it took me 4 hours by myself, if this is closer to 30inches i expect to be out there for 6 hours :( FUCK ME, i am going to take it slow don't want to injure myself..

WedgeX

Banned
Took these leaving my girl's place in Eastern Market and walking towards the capital. These were taken around 1pm; it's been snowing a lot heavier since taking these.

Cool to see other pictures of DC. Never did make it over to the market today. Was Tunnicliff's open by any chance? This is relevant to my interests for tomorrow..

Two days of storm progression for DC. Specifically on E. Capitol. Four blocks from the Capitol building pre-storm.

6pm yesterday.

9am today.

And finally at about 6pm tonight.

Was real fun to see the streets near empty today.

Well. With the exception of an outdoor house party that was happening on E. Capitol.

atomsk

Party Pooper
Power back on for the second time, here's hoping it stays on through the night.

Not looking forward to the prospect of digging my car out tomorrow.

Exis

Still snowing in Reston VA, they have not bothered to do our lot, pretty sure Sunday is screwed. Debating if I'll dig out Monday.

Milennia

will upload some pics of my nightmare in a bit, we also live on the corner house so snowdrift basically buried everything in sight, up to my waist in snow.

It's now officially the biggest snow storm in Maryland's history (at least since they've been recording weather records in the late 1800's). Whatever falls at BWI airport is the "official" amount, and they recorded 29.2 inches (which is still not even the final total). I believe they said 26.8 was the previous record in 2003.

Ended up close to 22 inches here outside philly. Super impressed at how well this was forcasted without too much issue, save for the sudden spike in nyc and long island because the storm ended up exploding further north.

Apt101

It's not coming down heavily here, but it has been alternating between fine snow and light mist - so it's kind of layering ice and powder. A lot of slush on the streets that will probably ice up after midnight. The weather forecasts keep changing every few hours too. Blarg. I have a lot to do tomorrow.

Also, I think I bruised my left butt cheek bone wiping out in front of a Rite Aid earlier. I caught my phone like Frodo caught his ring in the Prancing Pony. All desperate and pained, reaching out as darkness closed in.

Well that sucked. Shoveled three times today. Got close to 2 feet here.

Best part of today was taking out my WRX for a joyride in my neighborhood in the height of the blizzard. I obviously didn't go on any major roads- it'd be silly. My 2015 WRX with snow tires was a blast to drive. It's really amazing how much better snows grip relative to all-seasons- they really make this car a treat to drive in all seasons.

KHarvey16

It's great being an observer for this one only. Just to put last winter into perspective for those of you dealing with this one, and show you why I'm so happy to sit this one out, here's a timeline of major snowfall in Boston last winter:

Jan 26-28 - 25"/63.5cm
Feb 2 - 16"/40.6cm
Feb 7-10 - 24"/61cm
Feb 14/15 - 18"/45.7cm

All told it was over 94.4"/240cm of snow in 30 days. Then it was cold and never melted.

Apparently 70 is closed from 695 all the way west to 81, and 270 from 495 up to 70 until 7am tomorrow.

I haven't even thought about what the plowing situation is like out there, but it must be bad.

Loki

Count of Concision
Last measurement put it at 25.1" in NYC, making it the third highest snow total since records were kept, with a good chance of it surpassing # 2 on the list after a final reading (25.8").

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom