• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Storm for NE/MA States Friday-Sunday (Up: Blizzard warnings)

Status
Not open for further replies.
there's like infinite snow outside...
After a foot or so for most people, especially after 18"+, the snow already takes maximum energy and effort to deal with for people and city infrastructures. It might as well be infinite at this point.
I also took this one. This one definitely has a better "The division" vibe:
I don't buy it. All of those car doors look tight and closed.

SeanR1221

My back hurts so much. Fuck shoveling 30 plus inches of snow. :(

Man all the posts I see like this.

I gotta say, that's the best part of lifting consistently. Shoveling ain't no thing. Remember to not twist your back when you toss the snow! Pivot your whole body.

OraleeWey

20160123_162350nyokp.jpg
I'm stuck at work.

Holy Hell, here in Berks PA we have 27" of snow already, AND IT'S STILL COMING down like a whitewash blizzard!!!!

We're being buried in snow. My tractor can't plow it, I've tried, gonna have to dig out by hand tomorrow. And Monday. And maybe even into Tuesday.... :(

Grew up in the Douglassville area and now I'm outside of DC. Snow everywhere!

All the shoveling complaints: get a snowblower. Damn, doing the drive was a breeze.

And hell no, 1) they suck to store 2) unless you're in Chicago or Buffalo, you only really need it once a decade and 3) you're now the neighborhood snow clearing servant.

bwahhhhh

visibility-wise it's the worst it's been through this storm right now just south of the DC area

i can't tell if it's new snow, or old snow blowing sideways, or old snow blowing off the roof.

any shoveling that I did in the morning was totally useless, like raking leaves during a hurricane. not even a sign of where I shoveled.

edit: like 1/8 mile or less visibility

OraleeWey

Why... why were you at work? Do you work for the news or a power company?

I was shoveling last night every hour or so. Got up today, still a ton of snow to clear. Pace yourself.
No, I work Security. I actually drove here this morning around 5:45am. Now I'm stuck here. But I do have work again tomorrow, so I'll already be here.

Tehalemi

visibility-wise it's the worst it's been through this storm right now just south of the DC area

i can't tell if it's new snow, or old snow blowing sideways, or old snow blowing off the roof.

any shoveling that I did in the morning was totally useless, like raking leaves during a hurricane. not even a sign of where I shoveled.

edit: like 1/8 mile or less visibility

Yeah, it's total whiteout right now.

Watevaman

Just went down to the street. Took a few pics.

This is our driveway:

snow4_by_watevaman-d9p1ubm.jpg

Our street. It's been plowed but there's still a good layer of packed snow on top:

snow8_by_watevaman-d9p1u8o.jpg

Cows just eating and chilling:

snow7_by_watevaman-d9p1u9d.jpg

The run looks cool:

snow6_by_watevaman-d9p1ua9.jpg

Fatalah

I just decided. My new snow thrower is the best purchase I made this past Black Friday. Self-propelled is KEY! Those wheels gotta turn!

I would seriously pay $100 for snow removal tomorrow if I didn't have a snow thrower.

bwahhhhh

I've only been here 3 weeks!

it's only like this once every 5 years or so :) where you at dawg?

TBH, I think this is the worst one I've seen, including '96 and 2010, but we'll see when it's all over and done with, because I live further away from the city than I did then, so my totals now are definitely higher

Velcoro

I just decided. My new snow thrower is the best purchase I made this past Black Friday. Self-propelled is KEY! Those wheels gotta turn!

I would seriously pay $100 for snow removal tomorrow if I didn't have a snow thrower.

We bought a snow blower for our house just a few weeks ago. Luckily Boston is only getting 1-3 inches of snow.

23940699553_dd63a601a0_z_d.jpg

Wind tunnel down N->S down the street shaved the sides and made a funny little pocket in front of my Honda Pilot.

Oh, sorry.

Also,
garage,
In philly, use it every year
says who?

Fine. It takes up too much room though.
Philly (or area) doesn't need snowblowers. Every year. Ha. Berks County represent, go shovel.
If you don't help your neighbors then, you're mean.

I grew up in Yakutsk, Siberia (known as the coldest, permanently inhabited place in the world). This really takes me back!

So, if you're wondering what it's like living there and you're in an area that's gotten 20+", imagine this, pretty much every day, for months on end, with average temperatures about 40 degrees lower.

#thisisbetter

bwahhhhh

I grew up in Yakutsk, Siberia (known as the coldest, permanently inhabited place in the world). This really takes me back!

So, if you're wondering what it's like living there and you're in an area that's gotten 20+", imagine this, pretty much every day, for months on end, with average temperatures about 40 degrees lower.

#thisisbetter

like, I understand it being cold, and large total snow accumulations, happens in Poland, but are there frequent periods where within 36 hours it snows 50cm+? because that's unusual even in the northern european countries (though obviously more frequent than in DC)

Took these leaving my girl's place in Eastern Market and walking towards the capital. These were taken around 1pm; it's been snowing a lot heavier since taking these.

20160123_134400.jpg

20160123_140658.jpg

20160123_135523.jpg

20160123_133357.jpg

Chucker

Dug a lane out for my car, and cleared our heat pump.

With no help from this chump.
ZGS3hwgl.jpg

Of course as soon as I finished it started back up and the wind really kicked off. Oh well.

like, I understand it being cold, and large total snow accumulations, happens in Poland, but are there frequent periods where within 36 hours it snows 50cm+? because that's unusual even in the northern european countries (though obviously more frequent than in DC)

Well yeah I guess not this heavy frequently; just sustained moderate snow that seems to last forever.

ramuh

I wonder if people are fighting over parking spaces on public roadways after they clear it. Lady from DC press conference mentioned it. Lol.

Jhoan

I'm gearing up to go snap a few more pics of the GW. Hudson Parkway is dead at this point; it's all Sanitation Department. I dunno why but I'm giddy with excitement like never before and I loathe the snow. I feel sorry for the guy working the little booth underneath the bridge.

it's only like this once every 5 years or so :) where you at dawg?

TBH, I think this is the worst one I've seen, including '96 and 2010, but we'll see when it's all over and done with, because I live further away from the city than I did then, so my totals now are definitely higher

I'm in Southwest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom