• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wipeout Omega Collection for PS4

Oppo

I don't even know what Namco originally made it for, but my gods was it perfect for Wipeout.

I do wish they'd throw in some XL tracks to this collection. (I'm not familiar with all of these games so maybe there were some remakes)

you know

i love wipeout to death, but there's a bit of rose coloured glasses happening. XL was seminal. but i don't think it would hold up that well. it was almost Dragon's Lair on Phantom mode.

you know

i love wipeout to death, but there's a bit of rose coloured glasses happening. XL was seminal. but i don't think it would hold up that well. it was almost Dragon's Lair on Phantom mode.

Well, I'm sure there is. I haven't played XL in 20 years. But in some ways I feel like I had more fun playing it? Maybe because the modern tracks seem harder and I was never a top tier player. I found the unlocks in HD pretty hard. Or maybe XL had more atmosphere, or maybe it was just the zeitgeist of the moment and the design seemed incredibly fresh. Not that I don't love the new stuff, I do.

Before this announcement, I had plans to sell my Slim.

After this announcement, I have plans to sell my Slim. To buy a Pro.

BubbaMc

Can't help but wonder what an all new version by Studio Liverpool would have been like.

I'm not hyped for this, but will buy at some stage in the future when I have a TV that'll do it justice.

image.php

I'm hyped as fuck

Memento

I believe that if this collection does well sales-wise, they will definitely think about reviving the franchise.

SO EVERYONE BUY 3 COPIES PLEASE

Thanks.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I'm not a big racing game fan, but man do I love me some wipEout. I guess it's the setting, the graphics, the music, the tracks. I played the fuck out of 2048 on the Vita, and wipeout HD on the PS3. I may actually get this.

Oppo

I got too excited.

I made this.

https://youtu.be/deX-C_UfuyU

Then I got sad. :(

hahaha

i hate you for this

but thank you for the glimpse ;)

was thinking - Sony's sales data must be buggered for HD/Fury. There was the way it launched ($20!) and then the ads on loading screens (which were active in Canada for like 1 week) and then they gave it away for PSN outage

Oppo

i'm genuinely excite for people who didn't play 2048

the crazy motorbike sounds will be great in proper surround sound

Melchiah

more than 26 unique tracks and 46 unique ship models

PS blog mention this, but as I remember HD, Fury and 2048 have 18 tracks combined.

This means WipEout Omega would feature at least 8 new tracks, or at least Pure/Pulse tracks not included in HD/Fury. Not sure about the ships, but maybe it's the same case.

They propably included the special zone tracks from HD and Fury, so I don't think there are that many new tracks, if any.

Any new tracks would be awesome, eventhough I'm perfectly fine with the old ones, and 2048 tracks I've never played before.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Just woke up. This wasn't a dream :D
Harimau let's GOOOOO

Main reason 2048 was a let down for me was 30fps on Vita. But it had some nice tracks.

So getting all three of these at 60fps is day1 for me.

I do want some new stuff though like new music would be nice.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
I gotta dig up my HD pics from photo mode. That was one of the coolest early PS3 things.
Can't wait for photo mode in Omega 😍

Top Bottom