• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wipeout Omega Collection for PS4

soultron

Banned
Can they have custom soundtracks again if you can't copy music to the hard drive on ps4?

I want to know the answer to this too, especially if licensing issues stops them from using the songs in the original versions of the 3 games in this package.

Bishop89

Going to get this. Zen mode is one of my favorite modes in the series.

6be515a77cb18348cd1f45749a296d31.gif

Bishop89

Agreed. I don't use Spotify, so having that as the only option means I won't be using custom soundtracks at all.

the ps4 app isnt that bad.

You get like a 1 min ad like 10-15 songs or something, but its great if you have a playlist and just set it to shuffle.

Melchiah

the ps4 app isnt that bad.

You get like a 1 min ad like 10-15 songs or something, but its great if you have a playlist and just set it to shuffle.

An add every 10-15 minutes would certainly ruin the mood, and I have no desire to pay the monthly fee for the app since I don't have a need for it. Not to mention, that would Gaf's G.A.M.E. soundtracks for WipEout even be available there?

Bishop89

An add every 10-15 minutes would certainly ruin the mood, and I have no desire to pay the monthly fee for the app since I don't have a need for it. Not to mention, that would Gaf's G.A.M.E. soundtracks for WipEout even be available there?

haha not every 10 minutes, every 10 songs :p + this is the free version im talking about (hence the ads.)

But the below is far more ideal obviously :)

Why not just use the PS4's media player? USB stick or network over your tunes.

Melchiah

haha not every 10 minutes, every 10 songs :p + this is the free version im talking about (hence the ads.)

But the below is far more ideal obviously :)

Heh, I misread that somehow. =D Well, that's not so bad, but still, I'd rather have no ads at all, and be able to use the G.A.M.E. soundtracks.

EDIT:
Why not just use the PS4's media player? USB stick or network over your tunes.

It didn't occur to me, that there's this option as well. Thanks for the tip.

Dragun619

Suprised and pretty stoked to see Sony bring back Wipeout even though its a remaster collection. It's just nice to see that they haven't forgotten about it after shuting down studio Liverpool.

Hopefully it'll lead to a new wipeout.

I believe that if this collection does well sales-wise, they will definitely think about reviving the franchise.

SO EVERYONE BUY 3 COPIES PLEASE

Thanks.

Well that's the thing: before this conference Sony had never (if I'm not mistaken?) made an HD Collection or remaster for a game or series that wasn't coming back. Gravity Rush, Sly Cooper, Uncharted, God of War, Ratchet and Clank, etc - they're all made to drum up hype for a sequel, or to keep the brand in the public eye while a sequel is being worked on. I *really* hope that trend continues with Wipeout.

Edit - actually, the one exception I can think of is the Jak and Daxter Collection. But that was last gen and they seem to be doing things a little differently rather than just flinging everything into remasters.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I assume it would be a pukefest.

Trackmania Turbo VR is far more extreme than DriveClub VR, with 0.1% of the nausea.

Kanhir

I'm a PC gamer this gen, so I was holding off on a console until I was sold by an exclusive.

I didn't get a PS4 for FFXV.
I didn't get a PS4 for The Last Guardian.
I almost got a PS4 for Kingdom Hearts.

I am now getting a PS4.

More like OMG collection am I right??

Especially looking forward to playing 2048 in 1080p, just hope they don't mess up the controls.

Planet

Can they have custom soundtracks again if you can't copy music to the hard drive on ps4?
You can do this with every game for at least a year now. The music can be on a USB medium or you can use DLNA.

Main drawback is, unlike Spotify, you need to set up the playlist before you start multiplayer sessions, as the media player app hibernates the game, which will break online connections. But you can skip tracks, pause etc. later on.

DragonNC

While I'm excited too..the only reason to get a PS4 is for a remastered collection?

Yeah....when I think of days when I played Wipeout XL for countless hours with my friends....good memories.

Don't have any urge for other games at this point of my life (43y)

onQ123

I want to know the answer to this too, especially if licensing issues stops them from using the songs in the original versions of the 3 games in this package.

they'll probably expect everyone to just use the spotify app. But it would be nice if we could just use our own tunes.

you can use a USB drive , media server from local sources or even sound cloud if you don't want to use Spotify

0keGfx3.png

drotahorror

Now if we could get a Motorstorm Collection, all my favorite racers from the PS3 would be on the PS4.

I guess there is hope since no one saw this coming at all.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
I am legit shocked this is happening. Im glad, but really wish the studio wasnt shit down. Id love a proper PS4 game from them.

Deku Tree

I won't say anything more other than I definitely feel like the skies the limit. It's impossible to do particle effects in the theme software, but I've found creative ways to 'cheat' the system (see the Area X theme)

This was a quick mockup I put together last night, now running on the PS4. ;) more cheating here to create reflection effects, HDRI look.

https://youtu.be/deX-C_UfuyU

Again, this is us just playing around right now. Nothing official and no word currently on even the remote possibility of being able to create something in a formal capacity. But I can dare to dream :(

Oh man an official pre-order theme like this would be so amazing.

Top Bottom