• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2K17 DLC Announced, includes Eddie Guerrero, Freebirds, Von Erichs, and the Club

Frog splash me if old.

http://www.wwe.com/section/wwe-2k17/article/wwe-2k17-dlc-season-pass-digital-deluxe-edition-update

A slew of new offerings from 2K will ensure that the fun is only just beginning when WWE 2K17 hits store shelves this fall.

On Thursday, 2K announced new details regarding its upcoming DLC, Season Pass and Digital Deluxe Edition for WWE 2K17. The new content, which adds a new dose of WWE’s past and present into the vaunted WWE video game series, will begin releasing in fall 2016 and will continue to do so into 2017.

Regarding WWE 2K17’s DLC offerings

The upcoming WWE 2K17 downloadable content gives grappling gamers a new set of features and playable characters for the latest edition of the venerated WWE video game series.

This year’s WWE 2K17 DLC offerings include:

The Accelerator, available for a suggested price of $4.99, gives players instant access to all content within WWE 2K17’s VC purchasable section (excluding DLC), plus control over rankings and attributes for all playable in-game characters.

The Future Stars Pack, available for a suggested price of $8.99, adds Austin Aries, Karl Anderson, Luke Gallows, Mojo Rawley and Tye Dillinger to the playable roster.

The Hall of Fame Showcase, available for a suggested price of $9.99, allows players to recreate iconic battles from WWE history in their storied settings, including:
Cactus Jack & Diamond Dallas Page vs. The Fabulous Freebirds (Jimmy Garvin & Michael “P.S.” Hayes) (WCW Saturday Night 1992)
The Fabulous Freebirds (Buddy Roberts & Michael “P.S.” Hayes) vs. Kerry & Kevin Von Erich (WCCW 1986)
Ivory vs. Jacqueline (SmackDown 2000)
Sting (gold and black tights) vs. Ric Flair (Clash of Champions 1988)
Sting (n.W.o. Wolfpac ring gear) vs. Bret Hart (WCW Halloween Havoc 1998)
Papa Shango vs. The Godfather (Dream Match)
Big Boss Man (with Albert) vs. Big Show (Armageddon 1999)

The Legends Pack, available for a suggested price of $8.99, boosts the playable roster with a collection of WWE Legends, including Brutus “The Barber” Beefcake, Eddie Guerrero, Greg “The Hammer” Valentine, Sycho Sid and Tatanka.

MyPlayer Kick Start, available exclusively for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One for a suggested price of $9.99, gives players control over their created Superstar’s rankings and immediate access to all clothing which provides attribute boosts in MyCareer mode.

The New Moves Pack, available for a suggested price of $3.99, provides a new set of maneuvers for players to add to their virtual arsenals in WWE 2K17, including the Swingout Neckbreaker (made popular by current WWE Raw Women’s Champion Charlotte), the Elbro Drop (made popular by Zack Ryder), the Face Wash Combo (made popular by Samoa Joe) and the TJP Clutch (made popular by current WWE Cruiserweight Champion T.J. Perkins).

The NXT Enhancement Pack, available to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One players for a suggested price of $9.99, gives players access to Apollo Crews, Nia Jax and Shinsuke Nakamura as playable characters, and 50 percent more points at the NXT level in MyCareer. PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 gamers can still gain access to this trio of NXT Superstars by obtaining the NXT Legacy Pack, which will be available for a suggested price of $4.99.

Regarding WWE 2K17 Season Pass

Players can gain access to many of the popular WWE 2K17 DLC offerings at a reduced price by acquiring this year’s Season Pass. The Season Pass, which will be available for a suggested price of $29.99, will include the Accelerator, Future Stars Pack, Hall of Fame Showcase, Legends Pack and New Moves Pack.

Regarding WWE 2K17 Digital Deluxe Edition

2K also confirmed that a Digital Deluxe Edition of WWE 2K17 will be available via PlayStation Network and Xbox Live.

PlayStation 4 and Xbox One players can expect the following in the WWE 2K17 Digital Deluxe Edition, which is available for pre-order now for $89.99:

Copy of WWE 2K17
WWE 2K17 Season Pass
WWE 2K17 MyPlayer Kick Start
WWE 2K16 MyPlayer Kick Start (available immediately with pre-order purchase)
Goldberg Pack (access to two playable Bill Goldberg characters, as well as playable WCW Monday Nitro and Halloween Havoc arenas)
Theme (PlayStation 4 only; available immediately with pre-order purchase)

The WWE 2K17 Digital Deluxe Edition for PlayStation 3, which will be available for a suggested price of $79.99, will contain the following:

Copy of WWE 2K17
WWE 2K17 Season Pass
NXT Legacy Pack

Chindogg

Hogan's comments still makes him off limits for WWE products.

They started putting his likeness back in advertisements for the WWE Network so he could possibly be in later in the year. Wouldn't take them much to do it as they could just reuse the assets from last year's game.

I wanna know when the nxt enhancement pack we be available. I hate that it has to be bought if you didn't get one of the nxt editions but hell I don't care. I'll buy it. But I'm not starting my universe until I have crews and shinsuke

Big Boss Man (with Albert) vs. Big Show (Armageddon 1999)

With deepest regret,and tears that are soaked.
I'm sorry to hear,that your dad finally croaked.
He lived a full life,on his own terms.
Soon he'll be buried and eaten by worms.
But if I could have a son,as stupid as you.
I'd have wished for cancer,so I would die too
So be brave and be strong,get yor life on track
Cause the old bastards dead and ain't never coming back

I wanna know when the nxt enhancement pack we be available. I hate that it has to be bought if you didn't get one of the nxt editions but hell I don't care. I'll buy it. But I'm not starting my universe until I have crews and shinsuke

My theory is it will be available around NXT Takeover Toronto.

18-Volt

I hate it when WW games have dated DLC. Aries and The Club should have beeen in main roster and Bobby Roode, Authors of Pain, TM61, Curt Hawkins should have been DLC.

Darrenf

Eddie is finally in the current-gen games about time. Getting the Season Pass just for him. Everyone else is a bonus

Sephzilla

I love how people who are active wrestlers on the main roster are DLC characters.

Imagine Madden trying to get away with asking for JJ Watt as DLC or NBA 2k17 making Carmello DLC.

My theory is it will be available around NXT Takeover Toronto.

I've never told a gaffer this before but I hope you are wrong.. It makes sense though and you are probably right. But I really don't wanna wait a month+ to start my universe. And with thr nxt boost its going to suck waiting for career. It really seems stupid to wait. Out it in day 1,charge for it and lets move on. It's already bad enough we have to wait for AA and the club

I love how people who are active wrestlers on the main roster are DLC characters.

Imagine Madden trying to get away with asking for JJ Watt as DLC or NBA 2k17 making Carmello DLC.

I completely agree. Or, EA/2K being like, "Oh, you have all of the greats from last years game, but if you want to play with Cowboys rookies Dak Prescott Ezekiel Elliot you have to pay $8.

2K is keeps saying how they want this to be a simulation, but everything else points to them trying to rake wrestling fans over the coals.

sensui-tomo

Two thoughts:

Shinsuke Nakamura is only playable with extra DLC? That doesn't seem right. He's been under WWE contract since, what, January?

Ed Leslie, the Big Beefer, is a legend...? Jeeeeezus. If I'm paying $9 for Ed Leslie, then they better give me all 18 of his face: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7OPKZLrOTs

He's a selling point for the special edition iirc.
Just wondering, was the pc port of 2k16 any good? Wondering if its possible to mod in women vs men in matches... If asuka can fight tajiri in that japanese circuit theres no reason this game cant have her do the same thing.

I've never told a gaffer this before but I hope you are wrong.. It makes sense though and you are probably right. But I really don't wanna wait a month+ to start my universe. And with thr nxt boost its going to suck waiting for career. It really seems stupid to wait. Out it in day 1,charge for it and lets move on. It's already bad enough we have to wait for AA and the club

I don't want to wait either but it's a likely scenario.

Hogan's comments still makes him off limits for WWE products.

wwf have been testing the waters recently, sneaking him into network ads and seeing if anyone says anything. unless a sponsor complains he'll probably be back in within two years, wwf is carnie as ever.

at which time the 2k games will probably still suck because yukes

shanafan

I hate it when WW games have dated DLC. Aries and The Club should have beeen in main roster and Bobby Roode, Authors of Pain, TM61, Curt Hawkins should have been DLC.

The game has been in development for the past year, they can't change these things on a dime and add in Curt Hawkins - who just debuted IIRC.

The game also has the old Raw set, but again, the brand split happened while the game was in deep in development.

The good news about all this is that the 2K Community puts out some really, really amazing content so you can download right from the community the updates so the game can feel a little more current.

My biggest problem with this is the extremely weak Hall of Fame showcase. It's supposed to be a showcase of the best matches of the year's HOFers, but not one of these matches is legendary in any way with the obvious exception of Clash of the Champions between Flair and Sting. You get a forgettable match between Jacquline and Ivory (why they couldn't have done Jacqueline vs. Sable is beyond me, since SABLE'S HUSBAND IS ON THE COVER!), one of the worst "dream matches" ever between Hart and Sting, and I don't even want to talk about the stupidity of Papa Shango vs. Godfather. Hell, some of them are downright insulting, as the Big Bossman's inclusion is the Wrestlecrap-inducted match with the Big Show in 1999, when he stole his father's casket, got his mother to admit her son was a bastard, and destroyed him in mere minutes. Not only that, but 2K couldn't even get all the Hall of Famers - the Freebirds don't include Terry "Bam Bam" Gordy despite the many six-man wars had with the Von Erichs, and they could easily have thrown David into the mix if they got Kevin to agree to himself and Kerry. Even more shocking is the complete omission of Stan Hansen, as a match between him and Bruno Sammartino or his 1991 feud with Lex Luger in WCW could have been easily done. One can only assume there was a contract issue.

Other than that, I'm happy that the DLC pretty much fixes all of the major omissions from the roster. As much as I wanted to see Bobby Roode, it was unreasonable given his late introduction, same with guys like Andrade Almas, Ember Moon, and the cruiserweights. I'm a little mad that there isn't an update pack containing the new Raw and Smackdown sets and the new title belts (Universal, Smackdown Women's, Smackdown Tag, and Cruiserweight), but they should be easy enough to get from community creations.

Why are wrestlers like Batista, X-PAC, and Piper not in the game when they were there last year. Does it have to do with their contracts with WWE because I though that was all handled separately (hence Goldberg)

enewtabie

Maybe somebody can ask this. Why can't they do updates during the year where new wrestlers join the WWE can be added? Or have more music in the game so if you have to create someone at least the music is there?

Also when are they going to do design your sign so you can put custom signs in the audience?

You'll get a Triple h and Stephanie vs Machoman love triangle showcase, with a box of chocolates on a pole match before we ever see Benoit again.

Never underestimate Vince McMahon's need to capitalize on the world around him. Whenever that biopic comes out I'm sure they will do their own documentary and feature him somewhere to make a dime

Why are wrestlers like Batista, X-PAC, and Piper not in the game when they were there last year. Does it have to do with their contracts with WWE because I though that was all handled separately (hence Goldberg)

Batista's contract probably ran out, and since he's making boatloads of money right now in movies I doubt he wants or needs to be in WWE games to promote himself, it's not like the Rock who became famous because of his time in WWE, not to mention the company completely screwed him over in his last run.

X-Pac is definitely an odd omission, given that the rest of the Wolfpac and DX are in, plus Waltman is on very good terms with WWE due to being close with HHH.

Piper is also odd since he was in last year's game.

Maybe somebody can ask this. Why can't they do updates during the year where new wrestlers join the WWE can be added? Or have more music in the game so if you have to create someone at least the music is there?

Also when are they going to do design your sign so you can put custom signs in the audience?

They are working on next year's game.

They should allow for attires/music/titantrons though. Then we could just create them.

Dremark

Banned
Never underestimate Vince McMahon's need to capitalize on the world around him. Whenever that biopic comes out I'm sure they will do their own documentary and feature him somewhere to make a dime

Chris Benoit is largely viewed as a tragedy that was caused by the WWE and the way they treat thier employees. Unless the film does a great job of shifting the blame off of Vince or Double Murder suicide becomes a socially acceptable way to deal with domestic disputes he's never using Benoit for anything again.

That isn't to say I think he's above it, but he'll forever be more damaging than profitable.

atomsk

Party Pooper
Why even bother with a HOF showcase if you can't get everyone who was in the class?

Vader is already in the game, give me Vader vs Hansen you fucks.

Also it's hilarious they've increased the cost on the Accelerator (a glorified cheat code to unlock everything) previous years have been $1.99

Season Pass last year was $25.

Continuing to sell the "new moves pack" every year means we're never getting "create a move/animation/finisher" back in the game.

Heroman

Banned

Yukes

Why even bother with a HOF showcase if you can't get everyone who was in the class?

Vader is already in the game, give me Vader vs Hansen you fucks.

Also it's hilarious they've increased the cost on the Accelerator (a glorified cheat code to unlock everything) previous years have been $1.99

Season Pass last year was $25.

Continuing to sell the "new moves pack" every year means we're never getting "create a move/animation/finisher" back in the game.
But Vader and Hansen never face each other in wwe.

Weird that WWE basically retconned Hogan for what he said while Greg Valentine said some heinous shit about women and still gets merch and video game appearances.

Chris Benoit is largely viewed as a tragedy that was caused by the WWE and the way they treat thier employees. Unless the film does a great job of shifting the blame off of Vince or Double Murder suicide becomes a socially acceptable way to deal with domestic disputes he's never using Benoit for anything again.

That isn't to say I think he's above it, but he'll forever be more damaging than profitable.

Oh I agree with you fully but it just seems like the most Vince McMahon ass thing to do.

Top Bottom