• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Mafia |OT| Royal Rumble Superstars of Wrestling MMXVI

MagnumBoy20xx

Neo Member
I kid, but on a more serious note that's a very passives-aggressive way to accuse Scrafty of bandwagoning. Why so sheepish?
Because like I said it's possible that she probably just flipped a coin and my side was the one to come up. The timing is the thing that makes me wary of her.

Can you indulge me a little here, friendo. You have a gut feeling on squidy being scum right now. Can you walk me through a scenario with the claim squidy has made in mind and it's timing (after batsnacks) and try to give me your thoughts on why scum squidy would do this particular claim.
Essentially it boils down to the fact that most scum don't want to be noticed. Most people who make brash claims are usually town because they're trying to get scum to react and try to Lynch them(#unnecessarygambit2016). By making a claim without any provcation, it gives the impression that he might be town since most town know thst scum wouldn't want to be out in the open, and thus hiding in plain sight. His claim is that he has a role that allows him to be a one shot day cop by posting a command here rather then in a PM. I know that this role has been used on gafia before,but why would someone just reveal this out of the blue at the beginning of the game when it would make more sense to keep it to your self and surprise everyone later by using it. It would catch scum off guared, and confirm him as town. So him claiming this just makes me feel like he is trying to get attention and, if he was scum, be read as town.

Burbeting

Banned
Looking at all of Scrafty's posts, almost all of them are reactionary to other posts, or reactionary to people questioning her. She hasn't said not much original stuff.

Also, she didn't talk about Retro at all, even though he was in the center of attention not long ago. Why is that?

Magnumboy's strange accusation seemed like a PRIME DEFLECTION TACTIC meant to draw suspicion away from himself. LA DIABLA agrees that there is no plausible scenario in which squidy's lie is the result of HEEL BEHAVIOUR, and so far the most suspicious people have been the ones suggesting that squidy has to go.

a deflection tactic? you mean like what you seem to be doing with this exact post?

Kalor

Because like I said it's possible that she probably just flipped a coin and my side was the one to come up. The timing is the thing that makes me wary of her.

Did you read her post as it doesn't seem like she flipped a coin. I understand you thinking that in your last post since it was shortly after Scrafty posted but she says that it was to join in on your "calling-out."

cabot

Essentially it boils down to the fact that most scum don't want to be noticed. Most people who make brash claims are usually town because they're trying to get scum to react and try to Lynch them(#unnecessarygambit2016). By making a claim without any provcation, it gives the impression that he might be town since most town know thst scum wouldn't want to be out in the open, and thus hiding in plain sight. His claim is that he has a role that allows him to be a one shot day cop by posting a command here rather then in a PM. I know that this role has been used on gafia before,but why would someone just reveal this out of the blue at the beginning of the game when it would make more sense to keep it to your self and surprise everyone later by using it. It would catch scum off guared, and confirm him as town. So him claiming this just makes me feel like he is trying to get attention and, if he was scum, be read as town.

I mean he will only be read as town for what maybe 2 day phases maximum? unless he actually has this ability. Why would you as scum claim 1) An ability very easily tested and 2) so limited (one shot)

Both these things point to a very shortened lifespan, which is quite odd as scum. I had this ability before, my game plan was to use it D1, expect to be lynched to confirm the ability and leave the person I checked alive / dead based on result. I can't really see this role being one that preserves your life, only one that shortens it. That's why I struggle to see this as a scum play right now.

Palmer_v1

I mean he will only be read as town for what maybe 2 day phases maximum? unless he actually has this ability. Why would you as scum claim 1) An ability very easily tested and 2) so limited (one shot)

Both these things point to a very shortened lifespan, which is quite odd as scum. I had this ability before, my game plan was to use it D1, expect to be lynched to confirm the ability and leave the person I checked alive / dead based on result. I can't really see this role being one that preserves your life, only one that shortens it. That's why I struggle to see this as a scum play right now.

What I worry about most is that he's a Neutral with a weird agenda. Like a Lyncher who is going to show up with a Cop result tomorrow.

RetroMG

Hooray for day one, in which we wander around accusing each other, then get surprised when someone is annoyed at being accused.

That one did have a smile and a wink, btw, Cabot.

ultron87

The fact of the matter is that Squidy's claim but refusal to use the ability, doesn't really make sense to me from either alignment. If he was town and had the ability he'd want to keep it under wraps until needed, if he was scum and has the ability as written (which I think is possible in this apparently bastardy game) why reveal it in this very suspicious way? And if he was scum and doesn't have the ability then I don't even know what the plan would be there.

RetroMG

So Retro is softclaiming, let's not pretend we can't all see that

Oh, why be soft when you can be hard? (Smile, wink for Cabot)

I smell OMGUS, but that might just be my lunch in the oven.

Do you smell what's cooking?

I am The Rock, a town power role. What kind of role? Ha. I might be dumb, but I'm not that dumb. You get my name for now.

Anyway, I know what you're thinking. Welp, Retro's trying a wild claim to save himself! Not so much. Let me point you at my very first post this game. You know, the one you all overlooked because it was Sorian rhetoric. (Why would *I* be posting Sorian rhetoric?)

Just want to drop a quick reminder here, forgive the interruption.
Anytime accusations start flying, it's tempting to drop your role claim like it's some kind of force field.
Beware!
Roleclaiming too early can be just as harmful as not role claiming at all.
Offering up who you are too early can paint a huge bullseye on your back
Now, I'm not saying don't do it as a last resort.
I just don't want our power roles to get picked off too early.

Bah, sorry.
I didn't mean to go all Sorian.
The fact is, though, that someone has to say it.
Can't be too careful, right? Heck, we can't all be Xam and survive after a day 2 roleclaim.
Enough of that, though.
Someone has to die today, who is it gonna be?

But Retro, I hear you ask, didn't you just do what you warned against?

And I say, Know your role, and shut your mouths.

Palmer_v1

His result gets posted by nin though?

Ah, true. I forgot he was claiming Day Cop.

I'm still willing to just wait and see with Squidyj. I hate that he's probably going to make us waste powers protecting him by not just using it today. I don't really get why he claimed it so soon. It's weird for Town to do it, but even weirder for Scum to have done it. I will vote for him tomorrow with no reservations if he continues to sit on his claim with no results though.

For Burb, I feel like he's been trying to scum hunt, whether I agree with his particular choices or not, so for now:

Unvote

Vote: Seath

You've just seemed... off? Lot of your posts are just odd gif commentary which doesn't help, and your vote felt like it was just latching onto something. Basically, like you're trying to avoid taking much of a stance yourself. You're not the only one that seems to be doing it, but you stood out the most to me.

Palmer_v1

and this is what I get for working while posting., I take forever and shit happens. Catching back up on Burb's question and the new role claim.

*Splinter

Nope
yCpB1.gif

Bad Retro!

Very bad Retro!

Burbeting

Banned
Why would anyone claim anything after getting just one vote?

And are we going to assume Nin hasn't given some well-known names as fake claims?

This was so unnecessary, and unneeded.

cabot

And are we going to assume Nin hasn't given some well-known names as fake claims?

actually, it was zero votes. You switched.

Also wasn't Scrafty soft claiming the Rock? Or does LA DIABLA exist and talk the same way?

She was using the lingo, though she kept saying TRUE AMERICAN FACE.

Which makes me think of someone else

batsnacks

I'm rather confused by everyone giving a pass to Magnum. I understand that he is a generally not-so-active player (unless he's scum according to batsnacks, in which case apparently he's quite active over at Outer Gafia), but when he does post, it's unhelpful to Town for reasons I've explained in this post. This is unlike the activity of the other low-key posters, who at least contribute new things when they post.

Batsnacks, why are you defending/buddying up with Magnum so much? From your own admission, you've only played with a scum magnum. Why are you so convinced that he won't change his behavior if town? Wouldn't it be advantageous for him to help town out by being active? After all, he was active with his alignment last time, right?

You got your double vote and stuff which makes you more Town by itself, but I still think this stuff with Magnum is weird, maybe even scummy. Here's someone who has been inactive and posted nothing substantial, and here you are defending him based on meta, which I don't really like that much, left and right. Not only that, but he straight-up goes and says that he's not going to be so active and watching, yet he hasn't contributed anything meaningful in his two posts to Town, and you responded to that in a positive way that remarks on nothing in his actual post other than a praise for his gif.

All of this can be explained by 'oh magnum's just like this', but this doesn't sit right with me personally.

I wasn't defending magnum I said that retro's read on magnum was the better of his three reads. I don't think it's a bad read. I do think that yeah "magnum's just like this" that's why I thought the gif was so appropriate.

But yeah magnum and I went through A LOT together last game (mostly because of me being dumb) so I have some personal bias. That's probably what you're picking up on.

RetroMG

Unneccessary and unneeded are the same thing, Burb.

Why did I do it? Because it amused me to do so. Because, see, I played the game nicely. You all said I was scum. I defended myself. You all said I was scum. I tried to leave a nice read list for if I die. You all said I was scum. Kind of past caring what you all think. Going to have fun now.

tumblr_npexiiX7Mu1qkejxno1_250.gif

cabot

at least use your own damn gif lol ;)

I used that ages ago!

Name claim is kinda useless at this juncture, part of me wants to wait to see if Retro lives the night but another part of me kinda wants to lynch because the claim was so out of nowhere.

Palmer_v1

Who would you want to see lynched today, Palmer?

This is a fast response cause I'm a bit busy, but I'd still be okay with you getting lynched. The miller role is always going to be problematic for us.

I'm also fine with Seath for the reasons I just posted.

Blarg cause Blarg gonna Blarg. He hasn't posted ANYTHING useful yet, but that's at least somewhat consistent for him. I basically think of him the same way I do your miller role.

I would also have said Retro up until this claim, tbh. I think I was letting favoritism keep me away from him cause I would have felt bad lynching him, scum or not.

There's also the low activity people. I feel like Matt Attack and maybe Ultron are most guilty of it right now, but that's without actually checking the post counts.

I'm ALSO not opposed to No Lynch, cause I was not joking pregame when I said I wanted to No Lynch and just fucking skip D1.

RetroMG

at least use your own damn gif lol ;)

I used that ages ago!

Name claim is kinda useless at this juncture, part of me wants to wait to see if Retro lives the night but another part of me kinda wants to lynch because the claim was so out of nowhere.

And it was so perfect, that it needed an encore! Thanks, Cabot! ;)

Kevyt

Ah, true. I forgot he was claiming Day Cop.

I'm still willing to just wait and see with Squidyj. I hate that he's probably going to make us waste powers protecting him by not just using it today. I don't really get why he claimed it so soon. It's weird for Town to do it, but even weirder for Scum to have done it. I will vote for him tomorrow with no reservations if he continues to sit on his claim with no results though.

For Burb, I feel like he's been trying to scum hunt, whether I agree with his particular choices or not, so for now:

Unvote

Vote: Seath

You've just seemed... off? Lot of your posts are just odd gif commentary which doesn't help, and your vote felt like it was just latching onto something. Basically, like you're trying to avoid taking much of a stance yourself. You're not the only one that seems to be doing it, but you stood out the most to me.

It's the first day and all my reads are null.

I feel like I'm blindfolded and my strategy revolves looking at voting patterns.

RetroMG

You forgot the ;)

;)

Yeah, I'm pretty inactive. That's kind of how I roll.

I don't suppose Squidy would be willing to cop Retro today?

I suggested this waaay earlier. I welcome the inspection, inspector. Come at me, bro.

It's the first day and all my reads are null.

I feel like I'm blindfolded and my strategy revolves looking at voting patterns.

Welcome to my life.

Don't worry everyone, the madness will die when the game is over, and I promise to return to being Retro, mild-mannered moderator.

cabot

Don't put words in LA DIABLA's mouth, jabroni. LA DIABLA is most likely to appear when the crowd hypes her up, but is also eager to debut new smackdowns when they come to her.

LA DIABLA missed your question entirely, little bear.

Squidy's role seems fake (unlike this GLORIOUS SPORT) because it's too perfect. The threat of being publically revealed can easily be used to manipulate and coerce heels into messing up, and squidy knows it. His real role is likely different, because the only reason anyone would claim what he claimed so early is to create discourse and ELECTRIFY the ring.

In retrospect, LA DIABLA also feels uneasy about Corn but we will LEAVE HIM FOR LATER as he seems to at least be helping spur discussion.

Until then, LA DIABLA will grab a mic and join in this public calling-out of one of the 20xx brothers, OH YEAH

LA DIABLA underSTANDS squidy's gameplan. He's made a fake claim to get reactions, as anyone who's eager to vote out an unproven investigator MUST be a heel IN DISGUISE

LA DIABLA also however, believes his claim to be a PILE OF COCOA PEBBLES until proven otherwise. One question, squidy: if you could use your power right now, who would you target and why? Can you SMELL what LA DIABLA is cookin'?

Trish-Stratus-gifs-0015.gif

LA DIABLA still thinks you're lying, but is not convinced that you're a heel.

It would be good for everyone if Matt Attack and the 20xx brothers gave some more thoughts. GET IN THE RING, YA JABRONIS

So I've bolded the references to The Rock through Scrafty's posts. It's not particularly damning. What do you have to say about Retro LA DIABLA

Retro, in your reads list you mention that there's a clear distinction between ScumBlarg and TownBlarg, and that you feel he's currently giving off town vibes. Can you go into a little more detail as to why this is? From my perspective, there's absolutely nothing about what Blarg has said this far that would point me in either direction, so the fact that you have him as town leaning with certain other posters leaning null strikes me as odd.

Kevyt

Nothing particularly interesting sticks out of Scrafty. She roleplayed in the Nightvale game, and her style is very similar. Though I have not seen scum scrafty play, so I can't tell.

I love LA DIABLA though! :3

Welcome to my life.

Don't worry everyone, the madness will die when the game is over, and I promise to return to being Retro, mild-mannered moderator.

You're always mild-mannered though. :p

Also, yeah I can't really do much at this stage other than probe people, asks questions to other players and spam gifs. I feel confused at day 1 mostly because everyone is trying to figure out stuff and where everyone stands.

cabot

Retro, in your reads list you mention that there's a clear distinction between ScumBlarg and TownBlarg, and that you feel he's currently giving off town vibes. Can you go into a little more detail as to why this is? From my perspective, there's absolutely nothing about what Blarg has said this far that would point me in either direction, so the fact that you have him as town leaning with certain other posters leaning null strikes me as odd.

a) You identify that it's difficult to tell Scum Blarg and Town Blarg apart, but then you say you think it's Town Blarg, can you elaborate a bit more on why you feel like this? I've seen nothing to read either way yet. No Miller Tracker BOMBs, but yeah I was reading that as town back on day 1 in LB.

giphy.gif

Palmer_v1

Oh, why be soft when you can be hard? (Smile, wink for Cabot)

Do you smell what's cooking?

I am The Rock, a town power role. What kind of role? Ha. I might be dumb, but I'm not that dumb. You get my name for now.

Anyway, I know what you're thinking. Welp, Retro's trying a wild claim to save himself! Not so much. Let me point you at my very first post this game. You know, the one you all overlooked because it was Sorian rhetoric. (Why would *I* be posting Sorian rhetoric?)

But Retro, I hear you ask, didn't you just do what you warned against?

And I say, Know your role, and shut your mouths.

Why did you specify power role!? Claiming was bad to begin with, but you could have left it unclear since even ordinaries are named.

This is going to be one of those games where logic just gets fucked. Like I would not be surprised now if Squidyj, Burb, and Retro were all scum and decided to plan these three gambits cause it defies all logic and I would never expect it.

This doesn't really take you off my list. It feels like a desperate scum trying to get ahead of a lynch cause it would be even worse to try this at the last minute.

Speaking of which, if you're under pressure of lynch, I will not change my vote in the last hour if someone claims. If you're going to claim to try to save yourself, we need time to be able to react appropriately. It's scummy as fuck to wait until there are like 5 minutes left.

As to Burb's question about Scrafty, I would be more worried by her play if it wasn't D1. There's only so much you can do proactively. Even some of that got her burned by squidyj, so I can understand her reluctance now. If she continues to play reactively tomorrow, I'll be more concerned.

As I say that though, I realize I'm giving passes to a lot of people, and we may not be able to deal with all of them tomorrow. I prefer a safer lynch on D1, but it may not be an option.

You know we're going to end up with another claim or two before D1 is over.

Kevyt

Blargonaut is always going to be a null read for me. Doesn't matter how far into the game, I just can't tell with him.

If he's scum then I don't think he'll play in a particular way. Blarg is Blarg whether he's town or mafia, and that can either be good or bad, or both.

cabot

Blargonaut is always going to be a null read for me. Doesn't matter how far into the game, I just can't tell with him.

If he's scum then I don't think he'll play in a particular way. Blarg is Blarg whether he's town or mafia, and that can either be good or bad, or both.

yes, so what does retro see that we miss?

Shared alignment, probably lol ;)

MagnumBoy20xx

Neo Member
Did you read her post as it doesn't seem like she flipped a coin. I understand you thinking that in your last post since it was shortly after Scrafty posted but she says that it was to join in on your "calling-out."
To me it seemed like she could have flipped a coin because she said that she was joining in on calling out the 20xx brothers, not just me.

LA DIABLA missed your question entirely, little bear.

Squidy's role seems fake (unlike this GLORIOUS SPORT) because it's too perfect. The threat of being publically revealed can easily be used to manipulate and coerce heels into messing up, and squidy knows it. His real role is likely different, because the only reason anyone would claim what he claimed so early is to create discourse and ELECTRIFY the ring.

In retrospect, LA DIABLA also feels uneasy about Corn but we will LEAVE HIM FOR LATER as he seems to at least be helping spur discussion.

Until then, LA DIABLA will grab a mic and join in this public calling-out of one of the 20xx brothers, OH YEAH

VOTE: Magnumboy20xx
Proof is bolded.

cabot

Sorry, missed that. >.> Consider it a reminder for him though because I don't think he's addressed that question yet.

its ok, he hasn't. I just wanted an excuse to use that gif.

Retro do you have any follow up from the points I made on your read list?

Kevyt

Wait a minute, is there some hidden message there? lol

Just want to drop a quick reminder here, forgive the interruption.
Anytime accusations start flying, it's tempting to drop your role claim like it's some kind of force field.
Beware!
Roleclaiming too early can be just as harmful as not role claiming at all.
Offering up who you are too early can paint a huge bullseye on your back
Now, I'm not saying don't do it as a last resort.
I just don't want our power roles to get picked off too early.

Bah, sorry.
I didn't mean to go all Sorian.
The fact is, though, that someone has to say it.
Can't be too careful, right? Heck, we can't all be Xam and survive after a day 2 roleclaim.
Enough of that, though.
Someone has to die today, who is it gonna be?

JABRONI? From this? http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/07/the-rock-explains-the-meaning-behind-the-word-jabroni

BITCES? or Bitches? lol

The breadcrumbs are real with RNG, lol

Top Bottom