• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Mafia |OT| Royal Rumble Superstars of Wrestling MMXVI

*Splinter

So Scrafty and retro have both at least partly been breadcrumbing The Rock?

Interesting.
It's interesting to me because scum almost certainly have fake claims, and it makes no sense for them to both breadcrumb the same role. I'm wondering if this is scum + neutral?

The overtly suspicious part is Retro not having a problem with Scrafty's posts, and in fact town reading her

Palmer_v1

So I've bolded the references to The Rock through Scrafty's posts. It's not particularly damning. What do you have to say about Retro LA DIABLA

I take this as her just making a persona that is a mish-mash of wrestling stuff. She's never tried to RP a specific person, has she?

Kevyt

It's interesting to me because scum almost certainly have fake claims, and it makes no sense for them to both breadcrumb the same role. I'm wondering if this is scum + neutral?

The overtly suspicious part is Retro not having a problem with Scrafty's posts, and in fact town reading her

That is indeed interesting. I'm looking at Scrafty's previous posts to see where she breadcrumbed the Rock.

But she always referred to herself in third person as La Diabla? So there is that to her...

cabot

I take this as her just making a persona that is a mish-mash of wrestling stuff. She's never tried to RP a specific person, has she?

Not really, that's why I said it wasn't particularly damning.

Paired with that strong retro town read though....

Kevyt

So I've bolded the references to The Rock through Scrafty's posts. It's not particularly damning. What do you have to say about Retro LA DIABLA

Jabroni is a term used in wrestling.

I definitely won't read too much into it imo.

RetroMG

yes, so what does retro see that we miss?

Shared alignment, probably lol ;)

I don't see anything in particular. I've spent a bit of time watching Blarg as both town and scum, because I think he's one of the more fascinating members of the community. I can't point at a particular post, but Scum Blarg usually feels more focused than Town Blarg. This feels like Town Blarg to me.

So Scrafty and retro have both at least partly been breadcrumbing The Rock?

Interesting.

I think she's doing an amalgamation of wrestlers. I laughed when I saw all the Rock stuff, because, well, that's me. I know the current persona is Trish Stratus, (because I made her avatar,) but I haven't watched wrestling in years. She could be a female version of the Rock, for all I know.

This is going to be one of those games where logic just gets fucked. Like I would not be surprised now if Squidyj, Burb, and Retro were all scum and decided to plan these three gambits cause it defies all logic and I would never expect it.

Sorry, buddy. I tried the sane game. Gafia wasn't having it.

I'm inclined to believe Scrafty when she says it's a coincidence. Makes a lot more sense to me than the alternative when you consider how likely that scum was given fake claims is.

LA DIABLA thinks that Retro seems innocent enough. Everyone makes mistakes, and most mistakes are made in the first round when you haven't had a chance to stretch your muscles yet, oh yeah!

The breadcrumbing supports the idea that he's simply flusteted today, but if he continues to act suspicious he'll be due in the ring for a DANCE with LA DIABLAAAAAAAAA

*Splinter

Yeah Scrafty never actually claimed The Rock, and her response is fair, albeit predictable:

LA DIABLA has been talking like this even before LA DIABLA got into wrestling. The lingo is not meant as any sort of hint!

My problem is with Retro more than Scrafty. At this point I think there are 2 options:
1. Let squidy do his thing
2. Full claim from Retro (name claim is worthless, although ironically hurt you in this instance)

Retro this is not an invite to full claim right now. There is a very handy tip posted by "RetroMG" earlier in this thread about not claiming unnecessarily, please heed it.

cabot

LA DIABLA thinks that Retro seems innocent enough. Everyone makes mistakes, and most mistakes are made in the first round when you haven't had a chance to stretch your muscles yet, oh yeah!

The breadcrumbing supports the idea that he's simply flusteted today, but if he continues to act suspicious he'll be due in the ring for a DANCE with LA DIABLAAAAAAAAA

Does breadcrumbing support anything apart from this claim itself?

A non-town could've had a safe claim provided by nin at or before game start, and then Retro picked accordingly and preceeded to breadcrumb.

cabot

Retro this is not an invite to full claim right now. There is a very handy tip posted by "RetroMG" earlier in this thread about not claiming unnecessarily, please heed it.

giphy.gif

Incredible, lover.

Kevyt

Seath - I totally forgot that Seath has the Diva avatar, and for a brief moment I was surprised to see he was in this game. Not much to report here. Going after Burb and Squidy strikes me as off, but not something I can really call scummy. LEANING TOWN.

Wait, why are you surprised? lol

I was the first one to sign up for this game. I love wrestling! Especially watching the divas wrestle. :p

RetroMG

Breadcrumbing that is dramatically revealed 48 hours later doesn't really prove anything.

It was supposed to happen around day four-ish. You know what they say, "No plan survives first contact with the enemy."

Wait, why are you surprised? lol

I was the first one to sign up for this game. I love wrestling! Especially watching the divas wrestle. :p

I didn't actually know that, and before I started going through your posts last night, I couldn't recall seeing a single sloth-themed avatar in this game.

Kalor

At this point I think that having Squidy check Retro is the best way to procede. While Retro's recent behaviour has made me lean town on him having the doubt removed would help and means we aren't lynching town.

Since Squidy can only check the vote:

Vote: RetroMG

If Squidy doesn't cooperate I would be up for lynching him.

Palmer_v1

At this point I think that having Squidy check Retro is the best way to procede. While Retro's recent behaviour has made me lean town on him having the doubt removed would help and means we aren't lynching town.

Since Squidy can only check the vote:

If Squidy doesn't cooperate I would be up for lynching him.

Do what must be done, Squidyj.

Kawl_USC

Vote: ScraftyDevil

I'd rather use day 1 to cut through some of the confusion and murkiness brought up by these semi conflicting claim. Just because scum would have been provided fake claims doesn't mean they won't go off the reservation (cough*Darryl*cough). Neither of the two parties have inspired a great deal of confidence (yes including Retro despite the interpretation of me trying to take a bullet in his defense yesterday) so let's get two birds stoned at once.
I don't believe Squidy at all at this point but I'll switch this vote to Retro if he claims that he wants to publicly investigate Retro.

*Splinter

Vote: ScraftyDevil

I'd rather use day 1 to cut through some of the confusion and murkiness brought up by these semi conflicting claim. Just because scum would have been provided fake claims doesn't mean they won't go off the reservation (cough*Darryl*cough). Neither of the two parties have inspired a great deal of confidence (yes including Retro despite the interpretation of me trying to take a bullet in his defense yesterday) so let's get two birds stoned at once.
I don't believe Squidy at all at this point but I'll switch this vote to Retro if he claims that he wants to publicly investigate Retro.
Scrafty never claimed the Rock.

I think Kawl is scum, along with Retro.

Burbeting

Banned

I'd like to get something conclusive out of this before moving moving on to other people (for example, Scrafty).

Kawl_USC

Scrafty never claimed the Rock.

I think Kawl is scum, along with Retro.

There are enough coincidental the rock related breadcrumbs that using all of them after hogan has been all but confirmed in the game is dumb. I'd be fine for lynching either person, if squidyj is going to "check" one Id prefer that person to be retro though.

*Splinter

There are enough coincidental the rock related breadcrumbs that using all of them after hogan has been all but confirmed in the game is dumb. I'd be fine for lynching either person, if squidyj is going to "check" one Id prefer that person to be retro though.
So why is your vote on Scrafty? Squid needs a majority

Kawl_USC

Also is your vote currently on Retro?
If not would you kindly vote either me or him and put your money where your mouth is for the lovely people looking back at vote patterns in a few days.

Kawl_USC

So why is your vote on Scrafty? Squid needs a majority
Because I don't believe he a) has the power and even if he did b) doesn't plan to use it today. I already addressed I'll put my vote on retro if Squidy comes in here and agrees to check retro. Otherwise I'm leaving my vote on the person I want to lynch currently.

*Splinter

Because I don't believe he a) has the power and even if he did b) doesn't plan to use it today. I already addressed I'll put my vote on retro if Squidy comes in here and agrees to check retro. Otherwise I'm leaving my vote on the person I want to lynch currently.
So why does the person you want to lynch =/= the person you want investigated?

*Splinter

Hmmm what is the difference between someone being investigated during the day and lynching them....
The investigated player survives (if town)

Which is what we'd want... if they're town. If scum they get lynched either way.

So err... spell it put for me, I'm apparently stupid

Kawl_USC

Here's a hint. In one case the person role is made clear while there is still time for them to be kept alive and then make use of any possible role they have, so long as they aren't actually scum. In the other case, it's a miiiiite too late for that.

*Splinter

Here's a hint. In one case the person role is made clear while there is still time for them to be kept alive and then make use of any possible role they have, so long as they aren't actually scum. In the other case, it's a miiiiite too late for that.
Maybe I missed something, did Scrafty claim ordinary?

Kawl_USC

3 situations.

No scum.

Both scum.

One scum, one town.

If we have a day cop to use and then our lynch, I think we should use it on the person you find less suspicious (if split even then I think PR possibility should play into it, which Scrafty this wouldn't be a tip to claim. At least not unless squid actually says this day cop use is a go). Cop clears them then we lynch the other. Worst case there is both are town and we lynch a townie, which is pretty par for the course for day 1. But it gives us information on the person who we are suspicious of but not most suspicious (cause we should just lynch that person).

I had assumed that squidy meant his "role" (still not believing it) was just alignment cop and not role cop, did he say otherwise?

Kawl_USC

Maybe I missed something, did Scrafty claim ordinary?
Not to my knowledge, but she hasn't claimed PR which is to her credit. And if we happened to zero in on two town PRs day one....well actually this is Gafia so that's probably exactly the case we are dealing with. If squid cops it up today, it's at her discretion to claim it or not at this point.

batsnacks

Kawl I have no idea what you're talking about or why you think scrafty is Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. Usually when someone breadcrumbs they leave clues about their abilities not their role name because role names are kind of useless when we all have one.

Kawl_USC

I had assumed that squidy meant his "role" (still not believing it) was just alignment cop and not role cop, did he say otherwise?
Nope alignment cop is what he's claimed. And that's what I was assuming with my argument. PR ness should only come into if you consider both equally suspicious IMO

Kawl_USC

Kawl I have no idea what you're talking about or why you think scrafty is Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. Usually when someone breadcrumbs they leave clues about their abilities not their role name because role names are kind of useless when we all have one.
So usually when they bread crumb they do it the opposite of the one example of bread crumbs we currently have in the thread?

batsnacks

So usually when they bread crumb they do it the opposite of the one example of bread crumbs we currently have in the thread?

Do you mean about Retro saying he's the rock or scrafty being el diabla? Neither of those are breadcrumbs. Or maybe I'm just bad at understanding things and missing something obvious.

Kawl_USC

That's not a bread crumb he's just saying what his role name is... which... is pointless?

The one where the first letter of each line spells out words relevant to the rocks wrestling persona? Then yea I guess I don't understand what a bread crumb is.

nukedeggs

Lunchtime post!

Still finding Magnum to be suspicious. He posts some stuff about being busy, which I understand; that's totally fine. But then he posts some stuff about squidy that kinda indicates that he doesn't have much of an opinion on what's happened after the first few pages. In fact, it seems like he didn't really think his squidy thing all the way through either since it seems like he didn't consider that a scum squidy would only seem town for a little while until people get suspicious why he's not using his power. People seem to be letting up on him, but I'm still unconvinced. His first post today was more convincing, but the later ones just about killed it for me.

Scrafty is definitely acting weird. What the heck is with that magnum vote? She's not really stuck her head out in terms of forming opinions overall, and that vote makes it even worse. Plus, as Burbeting said, she does seem mostly reactionary.

As for the Retro claim, I'm still scratching my head. I guess his softclaim would be already obvious to scum, who would be looking hard for PRs to target anyway, but he definitely wasn't in that much danger yet.

Also Batsnacks, after your response you seem okay. I can see your bias being from previous games, especially given Love Boat's pair set up. Palmer seems a bit better to me now too after commenting on Seath.

I would like Squidy to come in and comment on the proceedings. Will you use your action today on Retro? I am also down for an investigation on Magnum and Scrafty.

Kawl_USC

You could also see the collection of quotes by Cabot from Scrafty which allude to similar facets of the rocks personality. By no means is it a hard or even soft claim, but it's close enough to give me cause to vote on day 1.

Top Bottom