• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Mafia |OT| Royal Rumble Superstars of Wrestling MMXVI

nukedeggs

How would she be able to know he was a vigilante? And I didn't vote in Day One because I barely knew what was going on when I started. I'm caught up now though.
Magnum claimed Vigilante on D1.

Anyways, now that you're caught up, do you have any thoughts? Anyone who you think looks scummy?

SalvaPot

Well, last night was a disaster.

So we had 4 deaths, and I think it would be excessive to have so many on night 1, so here is how I think it went down. Tonight died:

Retro - Cop
Magnum- Vig
Kalor - Hider
Splinter - JOAT.

If we assume town has a kill, scum had a kill and neutral had a kill and that the kills are written in the priority order, this is how could it happen:

Magnum first killed Retro. He was after all really suspicious last night, and he had to kill him before he was dead himself, so if the list is in order and we only had 3 kill commands last night this is how it happened.

Magnum was killed by scum or neutral, I want to say neutral should have better priority , but I won't know for sure.

Then, Kalor hide behind Magnum. I have to make a note on this because I find it VERY unlikely Kalor hide on retro or magnum, seen how both were targets last day. But if the order is correct I doubt they will put his role in front of splinter.

Finally splinter was killed, I want to think by scum. This is a player that is very dangerous, be it town or scum, specially when he is as active as he was on Day 1.

So from this... There is a few things I want to note.

First, that is the third cop we have AND two of them are dead. Squid's role is getting more and more suspicious to me, but honestly I am scared to lynch him because if he turns out to be town, then first I'll feel proud about Nin for following on my footsteps and second I'll feel angry at him for making me play it. Anyway, point is I think we should seriously consider lynching him if we don't have any other leads. (And here I am making more enemies)

Second... Kalor. I am 100% sure he targeted Scrafty. He had to. You are a hider and there is a claimed commuter you just have to go for it. The fact he died and there is not an obvious player to hide with to die with is very damning. I think Scrafty's claim was a lie. And its a shame too because I really like Scrafty and now I want her dead. I think scrafty has a role that can kill those that visit her.

Vote: Scrafty

Kawl_USC

Just popping in to say my family is in town for the Easter weekend so I'll be a bit Mia but do my best to stay appraised of the thread.

nukedeggs

A lot of people seem to think that Kalor would hide behind Scrafty, but I think that's somewhat unlikely. Scrafty had a lot of people skeptical about her claim, and she had a lot of heat on her.

If I was Kalor, I would've hidden behind someone that most people would have thought was town, someone safe who hadn't really claimed a role. Cabot, Splinter, and Blarg come to mind as likelies.

Palmer_v1

If I was Hider, I would have breadcrumbed Burbeting and targeted him. Hider is one of the few ways we could have actually verified him. If you die, you know he's scum/Neutral and trade 1 for 1. If you survive, you know he is town, which puts the miller problem to rest.

Burbeting

Banned
If I was Hider, I would have breadcrumbed Burbeting and targeted him. Hider is one of the few ways we could have actually verified him. If you die, you know he's scum/Neutral and trade 1 for 1. If you survive, you know he is town, which puts the miller problem to rest.

I would have done that if I were a hider, as well.

Blarg similarly would have been a good choice, since Squidy's role really just limited the possibilities to town or neutral.

cabot

Can I get people to speak their mind on Salvapot?

Salva's a bit of a blind spot for me, I usually read him as scum regardless of what he truly is.

Definitely didn't like how quickly he jumped on the Kalor hid behind Scrafty thing though, it's really flimsy logic at best.

SalvaPot

Just FWIW, Kalor would also die if he targeted Neutral based on the role PM.

Nice catch. But its both neutral and scum.

Each night, you may PM me the command HIDE: <player> to target a player and hide behind them. If they are Town, you will survive. If they are not, you will die. If the player you hide behind dies, you will die as well. All night actions performed on you while hidden will fail.

Hmm, who could he possibly target? Blarg would be the safest one too, since he was cleaned by Squid. But Scrafty, again, had the commuter claim, so it was less likely to die if he was behind here.

I think my vote would stay on scrafty for now.

I also want to hear what people think of me.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Just caught up

900x900px-LL-1537959c_john_cena-confused.gif

So most, if not all of our suspected people were town... Great.

As others have said, the big outliers are Kalor and Splinter.

I really wish he could've breadcrumbed who he hid behind, that would've given us a major lead.

Burbeting

Banned
Can I get people to speak their mind on Salvapot?

Well I stated this in Day 1 before looking at Scrafty:

Why has all of Salva's posts so far been so useless?

This was in page 13 fyi, so lot of has happened since then, but Salva's early-game posts were all pretty pointless and fillery to my eyes. Later on he has posted longer posts, but there has been some broken logic inside them, like this latest post about Scrafty having "a power that kills anyone who visits her". Possible scum, but I need to get back to his posts in better detail.

cabot

A lot of people seem to think that Kalor would hide behind Scrafty, but I think that's somewhat unlikely. Scrafty had a lot of people skeptical about her claim, and she had a lot of heat on her.

If I was Kalor, I would've hidden behind someone that most people would have thought was town, someone safe who hadn't really claimed a role. Cabot, Splinter, and Blarg come to mind as likelies.

Out of the three you think, I'd say Splinter was a decent shout, Blarg and I not so much.

Me because about 4 people specifically mentioned reading me as Town yesterday, and I'm the most active poster without a claim.

1) No claim means it's unlikely I would be protected
2) Consensus on seeing me as Town is also a good reason to kill me. You want Town to have less certainty.

Blarg because squidy's power according to his description only means he isn't scum. He could be neutral and nothing Blarg did yesterday really painted himself away from that possibility.

Splinter was a null leaning Town read for me, nothing there that would have warranted a scum kill.

squidyj

I feel like magnum might have shot splinter.
are there any hints in kalor's posts about who he might have hid behind? if he hid behind scum he'd wind up dead with no way to communicate his action so it seems reasonable that he'd hint or state it before that.

cabot

are there any hints in kalor's posts about who he might have hid behind? if he hid behind scum he'd wind up dead with no way to communicate his action so it seems reasonable that he'd hint or state it before that.

I'm leaning to this. I guess if I was vigi I would've waited a night before shooting Retro, to see if he could prove his PR.

I guess considering his situation made him being killed N1 very likely, that could've changed his mind.

Looking over his posts, I can't see too much in way of determining who his target was.

squidyj

Some people were speculating that I might be more than just a day cop, I was wondering if everyone could give their opinion on that idea at this point in time.

cabot

Some people were speculating that I might be more than just a day cop, I was wondering if everyone could give their opinion on that idea at this point in time.

Not impossible considering some of the flips we've now seen. I do think you're more of a potential threat to scum now than you were after yesterday.

I personally think you're a day cop only.

well

I don't know about y'all, but I happen to be speaking from experience when I say that

That, the way I see it, this debacle was obviously a Night 1 mod-setup "Power Bomb" meant to populate the secret Afterlife 2nd game thread with initial players

So, who's our Medium then

c'mon

speak up

Palmer_v1

I wasn't going to draw attention to it, but another JOAT is not entirely unlikely. Being able to Day cop multiple times seems very strong, whereas it just being 1 of 2 or 3 abilities(that are less powerful), doesn't seem out of the question now that we've seen everything else.

Palmer_v1

well

I don't know about y'all, but I happen to be speaking from experience when I say that

That, the way I see it, this debacle was obviously a Night 1 mod-setup "Power Bomb" meant to populate the secret Afterlife 2nd game thread with initial players

So, who's our Medium then

c'mon

speak up

I'm infinite shot, BP, ascetic Medium.

nukedeggs

It's kinda odd how you voted for Magnum despite the Vig claim now that I think about it.
I kept my vote on Magnum for the following reasons:

1. I thought Seath was town, and did not want to vote for them.
2. Votes on Seath were accelerating. I was afraid that if I voted for Scrafty, I would have caused a tie situation. And as we can see from the vote counts, I would have.
3. Magnum was in no danger of being lynched anyways. I was also not sure as to whether or not he was really a Vig.

I think you could be more than just a one-shot day cop, since you claimed so early without much of a need to. If it was your only power, I guess I would have expected you to have kept it under wraps for a little longer.

nukedeggs

What's dangerous is that scum might already control almost one-third of the conversation at the beginning of Day 2.
After thinking about this a little more, I think scum has really good control of Town conversation. After all, a lot of Town top suspects ended up being Town, and scum also got a bevy of role claims to go with it. So, I think that a lot of Town suspects that got traction were helped along by scum, and eventually conversation was dominated by Town talking about whether or not to lynch Town.

So, I want to look at the votes that didn't get traction - Kawl and Salva come to mind. Kawl in particular was initially considered, with Squidy pushing really hard for him, but very quickly disregarded because conversation on Kawl died out and people didn't really talk about him. When Squidy gave reasons for why he suspected Kawl, they were dismissed and IIRC no one really gave a strong reason for dismissing them. I also began this day with a long post about Salva, which no one responded to, and even after Corn asked for opinions on Salva, no one really picked up on that either other than me and Cabot.

I think it's likely that scum don't want to talk about Kawl and Salva, because they're scum.

Why shoot splinter as a town vig?

High: Assuming 4-5 scum this game, they have a good chance to win by controlling the day conversation. I expect at least 2 scum to be in this category.

Burb has the miller claim.
Squidy has shown his power is real. I don't see it as being a scum power.
Blarg has been proven town/neutral by Squidy.

This leaves: Cabot, Kawl, Palmer, Me.

I felt fairly confident on a town read of Cabot yesterday. Not much has really changed, though his bringing up the WWE thing again was weird. And I'm not sure if his push over it was due to legitimate belief, or a cheap way for scum to get a kill. However, overall I'd say scum from this group is either Kawl and/or Palmer. Maybe even both.
------------------------
cabot 177
squidyj 108
Kawl_USC 107
Burbeting 106
Blargonaut 99
Palmer_v1 96
CornBurrito 84
----------------------------

Medium High: Batnacks has an obligatory double vote. People seem to think it is a town role, but it could be scum. Salva has been kind of there. I'm leaning scum on Salva, but it might be worth lynching batsnacks because that double will really hurt town if batsnacks actually is scum.

SalvaPot 74
batsnacks 61

-------------------------------

Medium: I kind of put Ultron and Matt in this group to avoid a 1 person group. Both Ultron and Matt haven't really contributed much. That's par for the course for Ultron who did the same back when he was a sleepwalker. I'd lean Nuked and/or Ultron being scum from this group.

nukedeggs 53
ultron87 30
Matt Attack 30

--------------------

Medium Low: Would like to see more from these two.

RobotNinjaHornets 28
ScraftyDevil 24

------------------

Low: Really need to see more from this group. Bronx gets a pass for being a replacement. But this is "I'm scum and going to coast" post count territory. I'd be fine lynching Terra or Stanley today if no better option presents itself.

StanleyPalmtree 16
Terrabyte20xx 13
Bronx-Man 8

nukedeggs

Medium: I kind of put Ultron and Matt in this group to avoid a 1 person group. Both Ultron and Matt haven't really contributed much. That's par for the course for Ultron who did the same back when he was a sleepwalker. I'd lean Nuked and/or Ultron being scum from this group.

nukedeggs 53
ultron87 30
Matt Attack 30

--------------------
Out of curiosity - why do you favor Matt Attack over Ultron?

cabot

I'd really like Bronx-man to speak up, I didn't feel good about Bowlie before he was replaced. It was mostly fluff from his end.

Bronx-man give us those sick day 1 and early day 2 feels.

High: Assuming 4-5 scum this game, they have a good chance to win by controlling the day conversation. I expect at least 2 scum to be in this category.

Burb has the miller claim.
Squidy has shown his power is real. I don't see it as being a scum power.
Blarg has been proven town/neutral by Squidy.

This leaves: Cabot, Kawl, Palmer, Me.

I felt fairly confident on a town read of Cabot yesterday. Not much has really changed, though his bringing up the WWE thing again was weird. And I'm not sure if his push over it was due to legitimate belief, or a cheap way for scum to get a kill. However, overall I'd say scum from this group is either Kawl and/or Palmer. Maybe even both.
------------------------
cabot 177
squidyj 108
Kawl_USC 107
Burbeting 106
Blargonaut 99
Palmer_v1 96
CornBurrito 84
----------------------------

Medium High: Batnacks has an obliblah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

-------------------------------

Medium: I kind of put Ultron and Mablah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

nukedeggs 53
ultron87 30
Matt Attack 30

--------------------

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah: Would like to see more from these two.

RobotNinjaHornets 28
ScraftyDevil 24

------------------

Low:blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

StanleyPalmtree 16
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah 13
Bronx-Man blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

1WHuZA4.gif

Top Bottom