• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Xbox] Correction: We’ve spent over 100K hours testing your favorite games from XB1, including existing backward compatible 360 & OG Xbox games, on Xb

ethomaz

Banned
Same as PS5... BC games needs to be tested and fixed if needed.

How will have more BC games at launch?
Well who put more money in a bigger team for BC tests.

Suck wasted money that Sony took the bait.

Should have focused that money in new IPs development.

Imagine what you can do with 100k hours in a new IP:messenger_smiling_hearts:

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!

The Goal of the team today is to make every single game that you play on Xbox One taday work on Scarlet. Ensuring every game that runs on Xbox is gonna run incredibly well on Scarlet takes a ton of commitment and time

• And some impressive compatibility features, including automated HDR for older games!
They are enhancing everything that runs on Xbox One including backwards compatibility.

Last edited:

Vawn

Banned
sony has around 100 confirmed titles working bia BC while this states xbox has thousands (including games from the og xbox and 360, which increases the overall library as ps5 will likely be strictly bc to ps4.)

Sony clarified that most of the 4000+ PS4 games should work at launch including testing done on the top 100.

Meanwhile, Xbox clarified when they said "all Xbox One" games means "most".

Rockondevil

It's obviously going to be what the current situation is. That being it'll play all Xbox one Games and a shit load from previous gens.
I'm sure some of the really old games on all platforms have some licensing issues and companies not existing anymore to allow them.
I'm glad they're continuing their efforts to BC for the people who want it.

Goliathy

Banned
Sony clarified that most of the 4000+ PS4 games should work at launch including testing done on the top 100.

yMnMY9s.jpg

They believe that most (not all) will work. They are not sure with that. They just „believe“.
But let’s just trust them - or just wait until launch. Who knows?! Anything can happen.

So basically kinda-same situation as PS5 but much further ahead in terms of confirmed games that are actually working on their system?

That's certainly reassuring; hopefully Sony can get at least around 500-1000 PS4 games confirmed compatible and running on PS5 by the time it launches. The question is do they have the means, organization and time to do it especially with the current corona BS?

Guess we'll find out.

it is across multiple generations.

CJY

Banned
They have repeatedly confirmed all Xbox One games(including backwards compatible titles) will be available.
Read the tweet in OP. They are still testing. So are Sony. I think it's pretty definitive that not all games will be compatible at launch.

Xbox lied and are now backpedalling. For shame. Bless honest Mark Cerny. Love that guy.

Last edited:
They have repeatedly confirmed all Xbox One games(including backwards compatible titles) will be available.

To be honest I don't doubt that they will by launch, same with Sony as well. If you look at the tweet tho it states they are still validating games, so I was just making a play on those daft "Sony only have 100 games BC for Ps5" type posts that are always posted lately

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Then they lied multiple times. And you're calling their official Twitter a liar now too.
I trust Microsoft more than Sony when it comes to backwards compatibility. And stop taking that tweet out of context. That tweet was a reply to a guy asking for clarification on "all games" , so they said it meant all Xbox One games(including backwards compatibility) and they are testing all of them.

CJY

Banned
They have said everything, not once but multiple times.
The way I see it, they are in the exact same boat as Sony. They both has Jaguar CPUs last time and Zen2 this time. I think everything Cerny said about BC also applies to MS. MS may have flooded more resources into testing, but they are in the same boat.

OG Xbox - 360 BC is different as it's a purely software driven solution that they have complete control of, whereas with XBone, they rely on AMD and the games run directly on the metal.

CJY

Banned
I trust Microsoft more than Sony when it comes to backwards compatibility. And stop taking that tweet out of context. That tweet was a reply to a guy asking for clarification on "all games" , so they said it meant all Xbox One games(including backwards compatibility) and they are testing all of them.
Don't be so obtuse and stubborn man. He clearly said thousands. It would have been a lot easier for him to say "every game", "all games", "100%", but he didn't. End of story.

Mokus

Well, this obvious when you don't include the original hardware. It's a must so you can tweak the software that will help with the BC, since the games were designed for a different hardware combination.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
I guess this means Xbox Series X will also only support 100 games at launch, right guys, right!?!

Little did they know that Microsoft is in the same boat. :messenger_winking:

They're in the same boat? Has Sony recently announced that PS 1, 2 & 3 games will be backward compatible on the PS5, I must have missed it?

And 1000s of games now = 100? Must be new math.

lynux3

They're in the same boat? Has Sony recently announced that PS 1, 2 & 3 games will be backward compatible on the PS5, I must have missed it?

And 1000s of games now = 100? Must be new math.
I was talking exclusively about testing and verifying Xbox One and PS4 compatibility. :messenger_winking:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
I was talking exclusively about testing and verifying Xbox One and PS4 compatibility. :messenger_winking:

That's curious because I thought I read:
"I guess this means Xbox Series X will also only support 100 games at launch, right guys, right!?!"

I must be seeing things in addition to not understanding new math

CJY

Banned
That's curious because I thought I read:
"I guess this means Xbox Series X will also only support 100 games at launch, right guys, right!?!"

I must be seeing things in addition to not understanding new math
It was clearly meant as a joke at the expense of those people ignorant and gloating about PS5 only supporting 100 games when it was clear (at least to me) that wasn't the case.

ethomaz

Banned

Truth.

Both take the same path.
More money, bigger team = more games ready.

Top Bottom