• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Xbox] Correction: We’ve spent over 100K hours testing your favorite games from XB1, including existing backward compatible 360 & OG Xbox games, on Xb

PocoJoe

Banned
It was clearly meant as a joke at the expense of those people ignorant and gloating about PS5 only supporting 100 games when it was clear (at least to me) that wasn't the case.
It was clear as a day (that top 100 were just an example of wide variety of games working, so there should be no worries) message to anyone with ability to concentrate and basic logical skills.

Maybe Cernys presentation could work as ADHD/ADD test because so many didnt clearly concentrate because they didnt catch even the basics from the well made and informative presentation :messenger_beaming:

TheHTIC

Neo Member
This is from the 18th, the one in the OP is from the 20th...

The question was would every game ever made work. Obviously not, but that doesn't mean xbox one games aside from a few won't. Also I took that to mean they're testing but I could definitely be wrong.

Yes there is 3 BC modes
PS5 Enhanced Mode( this is what Cerny was talking about 100 Boost Titles)
PS4 Pro Legacy
PS4 Legacy
Those two modes is the majority 4000+

They are just confirming you can download your purchased online games
They're not lying, if it's playable is another thing all together.

It says they will download and work. If that's not the case then it's an outright lie on Microsoft's behalf.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Oh the irony talking about reading comprehension when you can't even spell "eludes" correctly lmao.

The warring just wont stop. This is not a topic for debate Xsx bc = Xone X360 XBOX
PS5 bc = Ps4 with only 100 enhanced games.

War/
Reading comprehension still failing :messenger_tears_of_joy:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
The question was would every game ever made work. Obviously not, but that doesn't mean xbox one games aside from a few won't. Also I took that to mean they're testing but I could definitely be wrong.

It says they will download and work. If that's not the case then it's an outright lie on Microsoft's behalf.
What can I say, they are masters
tenor.gif

Last edited:

RSB

Banned
Being able to play every game currently playable on Xbox One on Series X is awesome, but I hope they keep adding more 360 and OG Xbox games after Series X launches. There are many great games that are not BC yet (JSRF, Nier, Binary Domain, Burnout 3...)

Microsoft has been great when it comes to Backwards Compatibility, hopefully they'll keep it that way.

TLZ

Banned
PS5: We will have nearly 100 games available at launch (90 games?)
XSX: We will have thousands of games available at launch (2000+?)

Yep, exactly the same LMFAO, this is getting so pathetic! why do fanboys try to normalize everything? is it to feel better about their console of their choice? just be happy with what you have and stop diminishing the advantage of your competitor to make yourself feel better, just feel better without the bullshit.
"We believe that the overwhelming majority of the 4,000+ PS4 titles will be playable on PS5."

What they're testing is PS5's boost mode, to make sure all games take advantage of it.

"We’re expecting backward compatible titles will run at a boosted frequency on PS5 so that they can benefit from higher or more stable frame rates and potentially higher resolutions."

Can we end this now? We have an official announcement and people still spreading bs.

Sony fd up with their messaging at first.

Last edited:

Tiamat2san

Yeah maybe.
I was wondering too, the shape was weird.
As for now it’s not the case.
And if it’s the case one day, cool but their communication is terrible.

cireza

"We believe that the overwhelming majority of the 4,000+ PS4 titles will be playable on PS5."

What they're testing is PS5's boost mode, to make sure all games take advantage of it.

"We’re expecting backward compatible titles will run at a boosted frequency on PS5 so that they can benefit from higher or more stable frame rates and potentially higher resolutions."

Can we end this now? We have an official announcement and people still spreading bs.

Sony fd up with their messaging at first.
Fun times are over I guess.

pyrocro

This is coporate talk for we have not started as yet. LOL HAHAHAHAHAh.., no one here works in an office?

Oh wait did they show any PS4 games running as yet. NO, oh oh OOOOOOh I see.

I trust that Mark Cerny guy he's in charge and he said maybe ~100. :)

Last edited:

ZywyPL

Banned
Seeing not only the OG XB and X360 BC on the XB1, but most importantly how all games already benefit from X1X hardware, I'm more than confident about old games running on XBX, and even further generations consoles. That auto-HRD alone clearly shows that MS know how it's done.

CJY

Banned
Sony messed up their messaging and Xbox lied.

Now they both corrected/updated themselves into the same boat. Lol

• LOL
Reactions: RSB

Verchod

Wow what a load of nothing.

Considering Microsoft's efforts regarding BC I imagine most of not all current titles will end up working on Series X.
The Twitter comment seemed to say they were still in progress of going through the titles so they haven't finished checking yet.

I'm sure Sony will be equally as thorough but Microsoft do have a good record with regards to Backward compatibility.

CJY

Banned
has sony show any backward compatibility games working? ANY?

Link to MS lie, please? I just want to be up to date on this?
Sony hasn't shown off any BC, but it's baked into the hardware so you can be sure it's there.

The lie refers to another poster saying that MS has stating "multiple times" that "all" Xbox One games will run on XSX, but now they have come out correcting that statement saying that they are "still testing" and "thousands", yet poster mentioned still tries to maintain that it will be "all". That's what this thread is about, it's in the OP.

• LOL

pyrocro

Sony hasn't shown off any BC, but it's baked into the hardware so you can be sure it's there.

The lie refers to another poster saying that MS has stating "multiple times" that "all" Xbox One games will run on XSX, but now they have come out correcting that statement saying that they are "still testing" and "thousands", yet poster mentioned still tries to maintain that it will be "all". That's what this thread is about, it's in the OP.
Not asking if it is there, Mark Cerny said they are still working on compatibility in the prepared reveal video.
Help me out there I just want it to be clear what you are actually saying.

Are you saying Microsoft Lied?
Or are you saying the poster in this forum lied?

CJY

Banned
Not asking if it is there, Mark Cerny said they are still working on compatibility in the prepared reveal video.
Help me out there I just want it to be clear what you are actually saying.

Are you saying Microsoft Lied?
Or are you saying the poster in this forum lied?
I'm saying Microsoft lied and the poster continue to believe in the lie even when presented with new primary evidence to the contrary.

How can Microsoft come out and say "all" Xbox games are compatible in a big public blow-out only to recant that statement later? That is very sneaky and they just bare-faced lied to the public. It might be a small thing, but I would/will never trust anything MS have to say.

Last edited:
  • LOL
I'm saying Microsoft lied and the poster continue to believe in the lie even when presented with new primary evidence to the contrary.

How can Microsoft come out and say "all" Xbox games are compatible in a big public blow-out only to recant that statement later? That is very sneaky and they just bare-faced lied to the public. It might be a small thing, but I would/will never trust anything MS have to say.
Prove it.

pyrocro

If it's not too much trouble show us where Microsoft lied.
I don't remember them making this promise.
a link or even a youtube video.

Last edited:

CJY

Banned
If it's not too much trouble show us where Microsoft lied.
I don't remember them making this promise.
a link or even a youtube video.
Look, I never actually saw them say "all" Xbox One games. I don't follow Xbox news at all, and was going by what another user said. It's clear that he was under the impression that all Xbone games are BC, when it's not the case.

Just doing a quick Google, I found these...

Epc9t1w.png

OzimHoQ.png

It's no wonder Xboxers would think all games will work off the bat... and they only reveal that's not the case in a tweet. I call shenanigans.

Edit: ResilientBanana ResilientBanana there you go, as requested.

Last edited:

pyrocro

Look, I never actually saw them say "all" Xbox One games. I don't follow Xbox news at all, and was going by what another user said. It's clear that he was under the impression that all Xbone games are BC, when it's not the case.

Then don't pin a companies policy on a random forum user, and say it's the truth.

All Xbox one games run in their own virtual OS separate from the system OS,(quick read here )
Microsoft has been planing backward compatibility since before the Xbox One. (because they built their system as a hypervisor host).
Which is why they are Winning with backward compatibility it's not Magic, most of the backward compatibility is built-in already. (go figure :messenger_open_mouth:they are one of the largest software company out there)

Like you said you can't find Microsoft saying all of the games will be backward compatible anywhere.

YET YET
It's no wonder Xboxers would think all games will work off the bat... and they only reveal that's not the case in a tweet. I call shenanigans.

The above is how you end your post. (really):messenger_grimmacing_

You also need to just read the tweet again or until you understand how true the statement is.

All the quotes you quoted prove what MS said and have always been saying.

CJY

Banned
Then don't pin a companies policy on a random forum user, and say it's the truth.

All Xbox one games run in their own virtual OS separate from the system OS,(quick read here )
Microsoft has been planing backward compatibility since before the Xbox One. (because they built their system as a hypervisor host).
Which is why they are Winning with backward compatibility it's not Magic, most of the backward compatibility is built-in already. (go figure :messenger_open_mouth:they are one of the largest software company out there)

Like you said you can't find Microsoft saying all of the games will be backward compatible anywhere.

YET YET

The above is how you end your post. (really):messenger_grimmacing_

You also need to just read the tweet again or until you understand how true the statement is.

All the quotes you quoted prove what MS said and have always been saying.
Your post is a mess. I have no idea what you're talking about.

Microsoft is fooling their userbase when they told everyone all Xbone games will be compatible with XSX. That is a flat-out lie in the first place and all that matters... It doesn't matter what comes after.

Last edited:
  • LOL

pyrocro

Your post is a mess. I have no idea what you're talking about.

Microsoft is fooling their userbase when they told everyone all Xbone games will be compatible with XSX. That is a flat-out lie in the first place and all that matters... It doesn't matter what comes after.
I understand how you don't understand and you will continue to make baseless assertions.
Again nothing you said about Microsoft can be backed up with evidence.

CJY

Banned
I understand how you don't understand and you will continue to make baseless assertions.
Again nothing you said about Microsoft can be backed up with evidence.
It's all in this very thread my man. Parse and read at your leisure. Bottom line: Xbox and Microsoft should not trusted and everything said taken with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

pyrocro

Some improvement here from

TO

It's all in this very thread my man. Parse and read at your leisure. Bottom line: Xbox and Microsoft should not trusted and everything said taken with a grain of salt.

As expected a real motte and bailey tactic.

Never trust a corporation their only motive is profit.
what you are doing is ignoring the facts. good luck with that.

CJY

Banned
Some improvement here from

TO

As expected a real motte and bailey tactic.

Never trust a corporation their only motive is profit.
what you are doing is ignoring the facts. good luck with that.
The facts are right in front of both of us that MS deceived it's user base into thinking that all games will be supported when it was never going to be the case, it's just you who chooses not to see it.

• LOL
Top Bottom