• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox E3 2016 Press Conference: June 13th at 9:30 AM PDT / 12:30 PM EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Detective

One of the things I hope people let go of is the idea of shock and awe. Those games you saw in pics in video form look amazing. You haven't seen any thing yet gentlemen. Don't worry about leaks. It's gonna be an awesome day of footage.

Anything else that has not been leaked?
Something big?

Doffen

One of the things I hope people let go of is the idea of shock and awe. Those games you saw in pics in video form look amazing. You haven't seen any thing yet gentlemen. Don't worry about leaks. It's gonna be an awesome day of footage.

Sounds like a meh show. Could have just held a Xbox Direct or something. At least video quality would be better.

singhr1

I mean I'm still pumped cause I like seeing the actual trailers and hear the team talk about the games so I'm still excited. But damn does it suck for the team when select people desire attention. There's literally no reason to leak everything a day before the event (especially when hear pics have been in circulation privately for a little while) other than to get attention and scream "look at me!"...sucks for the team and Devs

The team and devs are still getting their information out there. But now get people talking today AND tomorrow. Does it really matter if Mr. Game Dev is on stage talking about it first? Does it matter if Anonymous Game Player is "playing" the demo? If the screenshots show up in a sizzle real?

CkyPTo-WsAA-cvt.jpg

THIS is not the response you make when you're caught off guard by leaks.

What do you want them to say? A generic PR response? "We are excited gamers everywhere are interested in what Xbox has to show at E3. Join us tomorrow at 12:30 PM EST for more information!"

Chris1

I mean I'm still pumped cause I like seeing the actual trailers and hear the team talk about the games so I'm still excited. But damn does it suck for the team when select people desire attention. There's literally no reason to leak everything a day before the event (especially when hear pics have been in circulation privately for a little while) other than to get attention and scream "look at me!"...sucks for the team and Devs

That's why I asked Gwyn not to post the trailers. These screenshots don't really do anything for me. Yeah it's cool, but gameplay or at least a trailer is what I want to get from E3, not screenshots.

Most of the games he's leaked was known anyways, so there's still surprised with new IP's etc
unless there is none to show LOL

Still excited either way, I need to see Recore gameplay. I only worry if these are so public and so many people have them, I can see someone just dumping everything a couple hours before their conference which would suck.

jelly

so lets assume none of these leaks happened. would that have been a good conference all packed into one show?

Good because we haven't really see the games in motion or a lot of them. They are all very obvious though. Dead Rising 4 and maybe Ori are the only true surprise so far. Everything else is expected more or less.

etta

my hard graphic balls
So you are saying it was intentional?
No he's saying they knew about the leaks a while ago. They fucked up something, and the result was people having access to this stuff. This wasn't a traditional insider type of leakage, and they most likely knew about this days if not weeks ago.

I really really want to know what Tom Warren meant with that the show will surprise a lot of people. I wonder in what ways it will surprise us.

Last year the BC announcement sure was one.

Boke1879

Honestly in that situation a canned PR response is the best.

"It's very unfortunate that some of our content from the show has leaked, but we still have an amazing event planned with unannounced games and special announcements. We hope you tune in"

A shrug like that doesn't inspire confidence even if they still have a great show tomorrow.

Erimriv

These leaks are a sony move to force Ms to show their hand on Scorpio and adjust Neo specs accordingly. Sony has very experienced hackers and security personnel after the 2011's playstation network outage.

State of Decay 2/Class4 is being shown tomorrow?!?! YES!!! Been looking forward to seeing this game. State of Decay is the best zombie survival game I've ever played.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment

"It's very unfortunate that some of our content from the show has leaked, but we still have an amazing event planned with unannounced games and special announcements. We hope you tune in"

A shrug like that doesn't inspire confidence even if they still have a great show tomorrow.

A shrug like that from a spokesman for me implies that this is either little of the actual conference, or these aren't the big surprises. A canned PR response is when I know most things have leaked. We also already knew about DR4 and the Slim. The only unknown stuff would be the Clubs and Ori 2 (although even that seemed likely).

And NONE of the leaks so far seem to indicate that this E3 is one of the biggest years for Xbox ever, something as big as the Xbox's Zero Hour.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed

I think they wanted a snippy response that would go viral. I don't think they achieved that. :p

Rozart

Maybe the leaks are there to blinside us and they've still got some big, big cards left to play.

All according to keikaku.

FordGTGuy

Banned
What do you want them to say? A generic PR response? "We are excited gamers everywhere are interested in what Xbox has to show at E3. Join us tomorrow at 12:30 PM EST for more information!"

I expect them to say nothing....

Do you guys honestly think that's a reasonable response?

SOR5

Gwyn, you aint nothing to me unless you do Blinx 3

You want your 15 minutes of fame on GAF? I can elevate you to human immortality if you show me Blinx 3, I can get you diamonds, rubies, I can get you meetings with the president, I can give you that Versace life, I award speciality and loyalty

tumblr_nj1hax9PJO1td8xcwo1_500.gif

Miles X

CkyPTo-WsAA-cvt.jpg

THIS is not the response you make when you're caught off guard by leaks.

THAT'S exactly the response they should have done, heck I think they should jokingly touch on it at the start of their conference. It's out now, what exactly do you want them to say?

SOR5

THAT'S exactly the response they should have done, heck I think they should jokingly touch on it at the start of their conference. It's out now, what exactly do you want them to say?

The implication is that that they werent caught off guard (at least to a degree)

These leaks are a sony move to force Ms to show their hand on Scorpio and adjust Neo specs accordingly. Sony has very experienced hackers and security personnel after the 2011's playstation network outage.

Yes because Sony base their whole business around MS despite selling 3 times as many consoles.

I highly doubt Sony care what MS do. Sony are the market leaders and it's what they do which will determine if they stay that way.

rrc1594

You guys need to chill none of these showings are a surprises. You know what's a surprises if we got a new Crimson Skies, Banjo, Perfect Dark, or even Sunset Overdrive 2. Those are legit surprises.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom