• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox E3 Conference 6/11 2pm PST

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the page count in this thread overtook the Sony one.

I hope to be utterly disproven on my cynicism this E3. Those tweets by Phil Spencer are having their effect on me for the first time in a considerable while.

Regardless of what has been said, I still have hope that a Halo 3 Anniversary will happen.

It would honestly be a huge bummer for me if it doesn't happen.

I'm really excited about State of Decay 2.

I played more than 50 hours of the original on Steam and I gotta say that it's a solid IP that can be really built more upon to make it something bigger.. I loved the whole sense of "community" and how they built the theme around it.

Am I the only one hyped for it? It's the only zombie game I've been excited ever since the announcement of the original Left 4 Dead

Boo this man/woman

Fixed

giphy.gif

Perineum

There are several other threads for you to post "whats the point if xbox no gaems they cancel everything just forza halo gears" and find similar opinions. Please don't do this in this one too.

I am not going to go thumb through threads where other folks posted something similar.

Spoiler Alert: I didn't read all the pages in this thread either.

It's my opinion and one I wanted to post on an internet forum. If it bothers you ignore it, but if it bothers you it's probably because it is something that echoes and resonates with you.

I had a XB1 and ditched it due to lack of IPs. I am hoping this E3 finally remedies that. Doesn't help they ditched the only IP I was really excited for with Scalebound.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
I actually called "Xbox" as the name last year before E3.

Once they indicated they'd most likely keep the Xbox One name in it, I switched my prediction to Xbox One Pro.

Then Sony ruined any chance of that.

I kinda hope it is just Xbox.

I hope to be utterly disproven on my cynicism this E3. Those tweets Phil Spencer are having their affect on me for the first time in a consider while.

New hardware tends to send things in overdrive.

I'm hoping to see the first party bring in something to grab me, as Halo and Gears is all I've put time into and not nearly as much as I did on the 360 iterations. Scorpio puling me into the third party could make up for if that doesn't happen, but I also need to see the machine in action with these titles next to regular Xbox One and even PS4 before getting excited beyond having a 4K media player.

Edit: Also on #TeamXbox for the name. While I don't find the XBO branding to be toxic, it would suit their vision for the console.

Halo, Gears and Forza at this point simply do not grab me, and I think that goes for a whole a lot of people.

It's about time Microsoft pushes forward new IP that can shape a new identity for Xbox. I would like to see RPGs, I would like to see action adventure games, I would like to see more single player experiences and experimental games.

I don't need to see all of that this year, but I need at least a couple new ideas to grab me.

I hope to be utterly disproven on my cynicism this E3. Those tweets by Phil Spencer are having their effect on me for the first time in a considerable while.

I swear it was only yesterday when I read someone complaining that this thread's page count being too low.

Only 3 more days until hopes and dreams are eother made or crushed. I'm crossing fingers for the former.

LKSmash

I am not going to go thumb through threads where other folks posted something similar.

It's my opinion and one I wanted to post on an internet forum. If it bothers you ignore it, but if it bothers you it's probably because it is something that echoes and resonates with you.

I had a XB1 and ditched it due to lack of IPs. I am hoping this E3 finally remedies that. Doesn't help they ditched the only IP I was really excited for with Scalebound.

Let's be honest, you don't need to read any of the pages in the thread to know someone already beat you to the "WhEre ArE THe GaMeS?" post unless you're first post. And I know I find it annoying because they're literally shipping at least 2 IPs that aren't the big 3 this year. And they're completely different genres from the big 3. But people still just spout out "no games/need new IP" without any acknowledgement of MS' lineup this year.

LNBL

Halo, Gears and Forza at this point simply do not grab me, and I think that goes for a whole a lot of people.

It's about time Microsoft pushes forward new IP that can shape a new identity for Xbox. I would like to see RPGs, I would like to see action adventure games, I would like to see more single player experiences and experimental games.

I don't need to see all of that this year, but I need at least a couple new ideas to grab me.

Good thing we already know about other IP's that MS will be putting on the front row this year. It's interesting how the people that complain about "halo, gears and forza" always seem to disregard that.

KageMaru

I played more than 50 hours of the original on Steam and I gotta say that it's a solid IP that can be really built more upon to make it something bigger.. I loved the whole sense of "community" and how they built the theme around it.

Am I the only one hyped for it? It's the only zombie game I've been excited ever since the announcement of the original Left 4 Dead

Nope you're not the only one, it's one of my most hyped games this year. I think it's the best zombie game to be released in the last decade, focusing on the survivors more than the zombies themselves. Really curious to see how they keep the community aspect while adding co-op. Glad I'll be able to play with my Xbox owning friends while I'm on the PC.

blakep267

Good thing we already know about other IP's that MS will be putting on the front row this year. It's interesting how the people that complain about "halo, gears and forza" always seem to disregard that.
I'm pretty sure he's posted the same thing a few times in this thread and the same answer has been given your just saying your time typing at this point

faer0n

I Hope they Bring the Rock Back to reveale the new xbox. Like the original One.
Only this time He wears His scorpion king costume

I agree man. AAA it and it can be MS' TLOU.

Lol

mauaus

Hard to be hyped for scorpio... Sold my xb one s, no games im interested in going forward.

Bring the games first ms

Can you imagine the reaction if somebody from 343 just walked out and said "We fixed The Master Chief Collection. Get it now on Windows 10 and XBox Game Pass. Halo 3 remastered coming soon."?
"We replaced Halo 4 with Reach"

logo-share-large.png

Please come back.

How did MS ever mess this up? They could have had Destiny as an exclusive and negotiated with Bungie to handle some sort of 10 year anniversary Halo release. They obviously still want to work on Scifi Halo style games since they want to do Marathon 4.

"We replaced Halo 4 with Reach"

logo-share-large.png

Please come back.

How did MS ever mess this up? They could have had Destiny as an exclusive and negotiated with Bungie to handle some sort of 10 year anniversary Halo release. They obviously still want to work on Scifi Halo style games since they want to do Marathon 4.

There's nothing in the entire Halo franchise that I would ever replace Halo 4 with. It's probably my favorite game in the franchise.

Must say, idiot decisions if they forced them to make only Halo game and that's why they departed.

Such a talented studio.

That seems to be the narrative. Incredibly short sighted. Bungie has been gutted since they left MS too, with Marty, Joe, Marcus, Jamie etc leaving. Still a pretty incredible developer.

Halo should have been left alone for a while when Bungie was done with it. Let them do some other things, ask for a anniversary Halo port to celebrate something big, and then if and when they want to create a new entry let them. Bungie needs help with deadlines but they are capable of turning out hit after hit when they have the right support.

Destiny is only as big as it was because of it being a multi-platform game with an insane marketing push. Game was a mess and wouldn't of been as popular if it was an exclusive.
I enjoyed my time with Destiny, though I didn't really dive into it until right before the year 2 DLC came out. Don't want to derail the thread with whether or not the game is good though because it is certainly polarizing subject on GAF.

Destiny went through development trouble but I'd like to think that a smart MS (Phil lead) would have given them the time and resources they needed to make the game a success. In any case I think most people believe MS was better for Bungie than Activision has been.

Thinking about how we could have Play Anywhere Destiny 2 on PC and Xbox with cross play hurts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom