• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox event: Make your predictions GAF

Satchel

Banned
I don't think you quite understand what I'm saying.

If MS are going through the trouble (expensive) of putting a Kinect 2.0 in every SKU, then they sure as hell are going to try to justify that by putting extensive Kinect functionality in their first party games.

Your last comment is completely unwarranted.

It's really not. Because your response to my post was even less warranted.

Me predicting a Rare non Kinect game means just that. It doesn't mean:

- That Rare may not also debut a Kinect game
- There will be no Kinect games at this event
- There will be no first party Kinect game shown

This was you purely and simply trying to reinforce negativity when you saw a hint of positivity. Not particularly fussed about your denials.

Like this in the other thread

By confirming them :p
let it go, you're not fooling anyone.

Man

Predictions:
- Hardware will remain unchanged from the leaks. Will vaguely mention details (8GB ram, 8 cores, 'strong GPU').
- Box will be shown.
- Controller now has a trackpad.
- Kinect 2 will be bundled/standard.
- Always online, used games will require paid unlock.
- Playing online multiplayer is now free but an additional premium service will be offered.
- MS launch titles include: Halo 4 Ultimate, Killer Instinct, Forza 5, Ryse, Fortnite, Banjoo Kazooie
- Alan Wake 2, Viva Pinata 3, exclusive new shooter franchise from Epic games, Fable MMO
- 'Xbox' is the name.
- DLC time exclusivity deal with EA for the entire generation / next five years.
- COD DLC time exclusivity continues.
- DVR functionality.
- Subsidized option.
- Will support Metro Apps.

allan-bh

-Not called just Xbox
-Always online functionality (works offline)
-Upgrade in the rumored specs
-SKUs with and without Kinect
-PGR 5 or Forza announcement
-Time exclusive DLC for EA titles and Call of Duty
-Some Kinect games
-A big hardcore new IP from Microsoft Studios

dyergram

Gta v timed next gen exclusive. Two skus premium comes with xbox360 soc and kinect. Sell your soul or sell your old games, also you can't sell your old games anymore.

Spongebob

Banned
It's really not. Because your response to my post was even less warranted.

Me predicting a Rare non Kinect game means just that. It doesn't mean:

- That Rare may not also debut a Kinect game
- There will be no Kinect games at this event
- There will be no first party Kinect game shown

This was you purely and simply trying to reinforce negativity when you saw a hint of positivity. Not particularly fussed about your denials.

Like this in the other thread

let it go, you're not fooling anyone.

1. I was just pointing out how unlikely that prediction was, nothing else to it.

2. Considering how many sites are reporting the same things, those rumors are likely. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong by stating what's likely to happen.

Hardware:

-Comparable hardware to the PS4
-Kinect 2.0 offers a lot more fidelity; Ryse will be what Microsoft positions as killer app
-Controller will be slightly modified; better d-pad (not twistable); different guide button; "different wireless technology" like the PS4 so they both can sell us new controllers
-actual console is shown
-Blu-Ray
-1TB HDD
-U.S.B. 3.0
-allows used games
-always on means that there are no manual updates; *games can still be played offline

Software:

-Ryse
-Project Gotham Racing 5 or Forza 5 (really a toss-up)
-new I.P.(s) by Rare
-big 3rd party exclusive from EA or Bethesda (anything from Madden to Fallout 4)
-creative Twisted Pixel game
-Lionhead's Fable MMO
-Halo 2 HD
-lots of PS4/PS3/360 cross-gen multiplats

Features:

-XBL 3.0 is huge step up; bigger friends list, real names, more connectivtiy, etc.
-Some sort of custom Windows 8 RT is the UI
-fully fleshed out Kinect 2.0 UI navigation
-XBL Gold paywall for games and certain apps; Netflix, Youtube, Internet Explorer will be free
-Social media will be big
-Streaming features similar to PS4
-Some sort of Windows RT store connectionoSong of the conference

Bonus: Song of the conference:

Imagine Dragons - Radioactive (Welcome to the New Age) - Seems like a hip, trendy song that ties in with the whole "new generation" thing.

Well thought out predictions. Only thing I would take exception with is Madden as the possibility of being an exclusive. I am 99.9999999% certain that the NFL wouldn't have signed an exclusive agreement with EA that allowed them to not be on all 3 consoles. I would assume this is the same for all sports. Single console sports games have always been first party.

Also i'm not sure what's a "huge step up" in having bigger friends lists (and what does "more connectivity" even mean?). But I do agree that it will be a big step up. They would be stupid to not use Skype which will be a GIANT step up in voice chat quality. This also helps them get skype into living rooms which I'm sure they want to do. I really expect them to spend a while on how skype's tech is integrated, much like Sony did talking about Gaikai. Of course, for those of us who play videogames... gaikai is more exciting. But for what microsoft wants to achieve by having a box that does everything under the TV, skype voice and video chat is a huge part of it.

And I think you're right about the song. A couple years ago was that power song by Kanye West, last year was the wub wub, you may be onto what's going to be the song played to death this year - so kudos for the cherry on top of your sensible predictions :)

Satchel

Banned
1. I was just pointing out how unlikely that prediction was, nothing else to it.

2. Considering how many sites are reporting the same things, those rumors are likely. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong by stating what's likely to happen.

To be completely honest. I'm just fucking over the way things have been here the last few months.

This is a forum known for being basically the best in the industry, but the last few months you'd think that 95% of the members are 13 year old kids. It would be nice to be able to go into one thread on the new Xbox and not have it become filled with garbage. Just one.

If all the negative rumors come true, then the leash comes off and everyone can take their piece, but surely until then, some of us who are actually looking forward to this thing can have a crack at posting about it without copping a barrage of shit over it based on nothing more than rumour.

It's less than a month. I wonder if there's a way to issue a challenge to the wider community of GAF.

My prediction is neogaf will complain no matter what. The more unhappy neogaf is after E3 the more successful the device will be. There is a very low ceiling on how successful a device can be that caters to gamers. This is the reason why companies like Apple/Google never focus on gamers even though their devices and platforms have a lot of games. The more satisfied neogaf is with the presentation the less interesting the device will be to most consumers. If there is a heavy focus on gaming then it needs to be extremely innovative (or gimmicky if you're a cynic) so that mainstream consumers have something to get excited about.

Spongebob

Banned
To be completely honest. I'm just fucking over the way things have been here the last few months.

This is a forum known for being basically the best in the industry, but the last few months you'd think that 95% of the members are 13 year old kids. It would be nice to be able to go into one thread on the new Xbox and not have it become filled with garbage. Just one.

If all the negative rumors come true, then the leash comes off and everyone can take their piece, but surely until then, some of us who are actually looking forward to this thing can have a crack at posting about it without copping a barrage of shit over it based on nothing more than rumour.

It's less than a month. I wonder if there's a way to issue a challenge to the wider community of GAF.
I sort of agree with what you're saying, though I'll add that personally I'm still very much excited for this event. Cautiously excited, but still, nonetheless excited.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
My prediction is neogaf will complain no matter what. The more unhappy neogaf is after E3 the more successful the device will be. There is a very low ceiling on how successful a device can be that caters to gamers. This is the reason why companies like Apple/Google never focus on gamers even though their devices and platforms have a lot of games. The more satisfied neogaf is with the presentation the less interesting the device will be to most consumers.

Oh, give me a break. There can be a balance of pleasing both crowds.

tumblr_lhr3iwhe0J1qf9kt5o1_400.png

I think any game made by Rare that doesn't involve Kinnect would be a total shocker at this point.

Wynnebeck

Banned

Not directing this at you but this would be the case if it were one group coming in shitting up threads but this is usually what happens:

- Sony thread: MS and Nintendo fans pile in.
- MS thread: Sony and Nintendo fans pile in.
- Nintendo thread: Sony and MS fans pile in.

It's a new generation and everyone has their own preferences which leads to in-fighting amongst each other. EviLore knows that and he has already spoken his piece. All we can do is buckle in and take it in stride.

Satchel

Banned
I sort of agree with what you're saying, though I'll add that personally I'm still very much excited for this event. Cautiously excited, but still, nonetheless excited.

If it requires Internet, blocks used games, is weak as piss and there's a 90% focus on Kinect and media, don't worry, I'll be joining the chorus.

But until then, until then, it would be nice to be hopeful that maybe we'll have 3 awesome next gen consoles to occupy our time. I own a WiiU by the way and I really like it. Hence why I said 3.

My prediction is neogaf will complain no matter what. The more unhappy neogaf is after E3 the more successful the device will be. There is a very low ceiling on how successful a device can be that caters to gamers. This is the reason why companies like Apple/Google never focus on gamers even though their devices and platforms have a lot of games.

I'm going to guess you're young because there have been plenty of machines that did *nothing* except play videogames. They sold just fine.

And apple and google and anyone making cellphones or tablets ABSOLUTELY cater their machines to games. Do you think tablets need Tegra's inside them to run a twitter app? Does the iPhone 5 needs a powerVR GPU to run the new apple maps? They are doing the same thing that Microsoft and Sony are doing... making a box as powerful as is feasible for a specific budget. Every single function other than games that the xbox or ps4 does would be able to be pulled off on tech far, far, far, far cheaper. And it's the same thing with phones. If an iPhone came out that did nothing to increase its gaming power the phone would tank. Hard.

Izick

Microsoft needs a Retro. A company that can create a bunch of solid games over different types of genres. I'm hoping Black Tusk fits the bill.

Cornbread78

"we were #1 with the 360 and will be again You will always be online and we don't care. We also will run your living room for you; want pizza, we'll get that... We are number 1 and oh, Kinect is too.... Peace OOOUUTTTTT"

or something like that.

Blastoise

Banned
EA will be there showing a small hint of the new Madden (with more coming at E3). Next gen Call Of Duty will be announced, with a trailer showing 15 sec of gameplay.

Epcott

Called Xbox ∞ (Infinity)
Two Skus: $299.99 Subscription model w/tuner, $449.99 500GB model
Both come packed with Kinect 2.0
Revamped marketplace with movie rental service, music, and all games rentable: Available on all windows 8/RT platforms to compete with Apple and Google.
EA partnership and timed exlusives
DLC exclusives
Killer Instinct Unlimited, Banjo Infinity, Halo MMO, Forza Infinity, Fable MMO
(Expect many games with that infinity branding)
Controller will be the same width but thinner, and with a Kinect button, rechargeable
Megaton: EA bringing Mirrors Edge 2 Infinity exclusive, Kinect gameplay

Edit: Ooooh the event? Probably just the physical console, Kinect 2.0, and Halo along with an announcement to please stay tuned for E3.

Xamdou

1. New COD/GTA sequel with timed DLC exclusive.
2. PGR5 and Forza 4 both announced.
3. Perfect Dark 2!
4. Halo 5
5. Gears of War 4
6. EA will show off Dragon Age 3 and Mass Effect 4 with timed exclusive DLC!
7. KOTOR 3!
8. Kinect 2.0 + New XBL dashboard features will lead the online gaming front once again!
9. Destiny

DEADEVIL

Look, it's extremely easy to take a combination of what MS likes to normally present at E3 and the last 4-5 months of rumors that we have seen game and feature-wise to come up with the standard prediction.

It's easy to predict who may show up on the stage and what some of the First party would bring to the table.

Overall, I think the best way for Microsoft to approach the next two announcements is to go concept and vision at this event and follow-up with substance and details at E3.

The Megatons should all be saved for E3, but killing off some of the negative rumors would definitely bode well for MS post event.

But, the biggest benefit is the fact that now the true discussion without the one-sided slant can commence.

All eyes are clearly on MS at this point, will be fun to see what they got behind the iron curtain.

Megaton: EA bringing Mirrors Edge 2 Infinity exclusive, Kinect gameplay

That's not really a megaton though is it. It would be a cool game to see, but it's not really big enough or mainstream enough to be considered a megaton. That would be something like Metal Gear Solid next gen exclusive or an exclusive Call of Duty.

rdrr gnr

Look, it's extremely easy to take a combination of what MS likes to normally present at E3 and the last 4-5 months of rumors that we have seen game and feature-wise to come up with the standard prediction.

It's easy to predict who may show up on the stage and what some of the First party would bring to the table.

Overall, I think the best way for Microsoft to approach the next two announcements is to go concept and vision at this event and follow-up with substance and details at E3.

The Megatons should all be saved for E3, but killing off some of the negative rumors would definitely bode well for MS post event.

But, the biggest benefit is the fact that now the true discussion without the one-sided slant can commence.

All eyes are clearly on MS at this point, will be fun to see what they got behind the iron curtain.
Apt.

That's not really a megaton though is it. It would be a cool game to see, but it's not really big enough or mainstream enough to be considered a megaton. That would be something like Metal Gear Solid next gen exclusive or an exclusive Call of Duty.

What was Bayonetta 2 on the Wii U then?

Brimstone

my reputation is Shadowruined
xbox vorpal gamepad
controller breaks in two halves to work naturally with kinnect 2.0
perceptive pixel technology imbued (can sense squeeze pressure + finger swipes)
haptic feedback sticks (no rumble motors)

absolute kinect 2.0 integration

rare with lots of kinect stuff that shows a few neat tricks
sophisticated head tracking for psuedo 3d effect

GPU future-gen core
12 meg or more of ddr3

Redray alliance for 4k movies

El_Chino

1. New COD/GTA sequel with timed DLC exclusive.
2. PGR5 and Forza 4 both announced.
3. Perfect Dark 2!
4. Halo 5
5. Gears of War 4
6. EA will show off Dragon Age 3 and Mass Effect 4 with timed exclusive DLC!
7. KOTOR 3!
8. Kinect 2.0 + New XBL dashboard features will lead the online gaming front once again!
9. Destiny

A year and a half late :p

There won't be much in game software, they'll save it for E3.

Two models will be shown, one will be subsidized.

Partnership with EA and timed exclusive DLC plus Kinect features.

The Xbox 360 will get an official price drop.

Kinect 2.0 and the new controller will be shown and some tech demo's showing new features.

HBO will be partnered and other cable programs.

Smartglass will gets a lot of attention.

They will address the always on rumor and it won't be as bad as people think.

They will get rid of Xbox Live Silver and just have Platinum and Gold, no free alternative.

The dashboard will look a lot like Windows 8 and will be fully upgradeable along with Windows updates.

Meltdowns already in a prediction thread?

Only a month and a some change away before all consoles feel the full brunt of criticism during E3.

New ways Kinect 2.0 can feed dynamic advertising depending on your facial expressions. Exclusively through Xbox Live Gold subscription, now $69.99.

Tookay

Perhaps you should stay always online to combat the negativity.

Top Bottom