• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Black Friday Sale Nov 18 - Nov 28 Thread

Novocaine

Might as well pick up the Wolf games seeing as they're that cheap. Probably Hitman and Track mania Turbo.

Where's Dark Souls 3 though?

Montresor

Going off Canadian prices but I'm sure in USA and other regions it's similar. Here are the Black Friday deals for Telltale.

Batman Telltale Episode 1:
*Normal price: $6
*Sale price: Free

Batman Telltale Season Pass: Episodes 2-5:
*Normal price: $24
*Sale price: $16

Batman Telltale Complete Pass: Episodes 1-5:
*Normal price: $30
*Sale price: $20

Doesn't that seem wrong? There are people who may jump on the $20 Complete Pass without realizing it's cheaper to download Episode 1 for free and get the Season Pass.

m23

I played Wolfenstein New Order, how's Old Blood? I absolutely loved New Order and might still be my favourite fps campaign this gen.

Izuna

Banned
Both accepts co-op in the campaign? Does it make Fable III better?

Fable's story after the original took a huge nose dive. The problem with 3 was that you were forced into doing it first. 3 has much better gameplay, but I can't say it's enjoyable to go about the campaign.

If you get past it though, the co-op interaction is dope, and build upon Fable 2's. Honestly they're not very long games so it's worth playing through both if you have a friend.

They're sort of like Lego games without the charm.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
I am tempted to get Titanfall 2, but I think I will pass.
Already got too many games that I need to finish. I don't like having a backlog.

Fable III was too easy. I liked it a lot, but wow was it easy.

I was jealous of my friend's assumed bragging rights when I saw he beat it without dying and worried I wouldn't. But I did, mostly without trying.

Admodieus

I played Wolfenstein New Order, how's Old Blood? I absolutely loved New Order and might still be my favourite fps campaign this gen.

Old Blood is just okay. If you really liked New Order, it's more of that gameplay albeit with some small twists, but if the story/setting is what you enjoyed the most, those are not Old Bloods stronger areas.

Having a similar position to you on the new order (although Doom was maybe as good in it's own way), I would definitely recommend the old blood, I had a real good time. Don't expect the same level of narrative though, the narrative is much more vacant in comparison but the gameplay is as good and the story is fun in its own right,.if you're expectations aren't too high.

Haha, provided almost the exact same response as Admodieus at the same time XD

m23

Old Blood is just okay. If you really liked New Order, it's more of that gameplay albeit with some small twists, but if the story/setting is what you enjoyed the most, those are not Old Bloods stronger areas.

Having a similar position to you on the new order (although Doom was maybe as good in it's own way), I would definitely recommend the old blood, I had a real good time. Don't expect the same level of narrative though, the narrative is much more vacant in comparison but the gameplay is as good and the story is fun in its own right,.if you're expectations aren't too high.

Haha, provided almost the exact same response as Admodieus at the same time XD

Thanks to both of you. I did enjoy the story in NTO a lot but the gameplay was equally great, might as well jump in Old Blood considering the price.

My backlog is killing me, as much as I love these sales, there isn't enough time to play these games.

Montresor

Don't pass on INSIDE guys. In my eyes it's one of the best games ever made.

Know what you're getting into. It's an expertly-crafted game. But, it's a side-scrolling cinematic puzzle platformer, with about 3-5 hours of game play time. So if you're not into short, artsy side-scrolling puzzle games, you won't like this game.

Those 3-5 hours of play time the game offers are wonderful. Made by the guys who made Limbo. In development for 6 long years, and it was worth the wait.

Don't pass on INSIDE guys. In my eyes it's one of the best games ever made.

Those 3-5 hours of play time the game offers are wonderful. Made by the guys who made Limbo. In development for 6 long years, and it was worth the wait.

The highest possible compliment that I can give this game is that they spent more than one year of development in each hour of gameplay, and at no point do you ever wonder why it took them so long or whether it was necessary.

Montresor

The highest possible compliment that I can give this game is that they spent more than one year of development in each hour of gameplay, and at no point do you ever wonder why it took them so long or whether it was necessary.

You are entitled to our opinion and your comments are fair - but did you like Limbo? And do you like other puzzle games like The Witness, Life Is Strange, Thomas Was Alone, The Cave, Braid, etc...?

tomhan

I'm replaying Mass Effect 2 and 3 and I was hoping the DLC would go on sale. Nothing yet and now I'm half way through Mass Effect 2 and am probably going to go ahead and buy at least the shadow broker DLC but I'm going to feel like an idiot if it does go on sale.

Eanan

Thinking about Far Cry Primal. I've played both FC3 & FC4 and they were OK. Interested in the Stone Age setting.

It was my favourite of the 3 big Far Cry games anyway.

Atmosphere is really nice and the animal buddies are nice feature.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Titanfall 2
Castlevania
Kinect sports rivals (mainly for the kids - but I expect to get some enjoyment from the her skis and bowling too)

tomhan

I like the fact that Microsoft is doing significantly better on these digital deals than they have in the past but it definitely makes it more difficult for me on whether I should choose the Xbox or PC version.

I'm definitely buying the new Hitman this holiday season and $30 on Xbox sounds like a good deal but now I'm conflicted if I should just go ahead and get it or wait for the steam sale.

flkraven

You are entitled to our opinion and your comments are fair - but did you like Limbo? And do you like other puzzle games like The Witness, Life Is Strange, Thomas Was Alone, The Cave, Braid, etc...?

I think he is complimenting INSIDE. He's basically saying this game took forever to develop but you completely understand why because the final product is so polished. He's basically saying no time was wasted.

whynotboth.png
sJbOObG.jpg

don't see that deal in the op

That feeling when you bought Titanfall 2 for $60 two weeks ago.

RaginRoss

Bought:

Titanfall 2
Doom II

Thinking of getting Grow Up as well - anyone here played it? I've never played Grow Home and from what I remember hearing people didn't seem to enjoy it quite as much as it was basically more of the same, but i'm guessing that won't be much of an issue if it's the first one i've played.

Montresor

I think he is complimenting INSIDE. He's basically saying this game took forever to develop but you completely understand why because the final product is so polished. He's basically saying no time was wasted.

*facepalm*

You're right - I totally misinterpreted his comment.

Top Bottom