• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Black Friday Sale Nov 18 - Nov 28 Thread

Confirmed 35% off for gold users on Black Friday

I can get it for £30 (physical) may wait for the Christmas sale will likely get it for at least that price.

I am trying to go all digital in the UK but it's bloody difficult with shitty exchange rate on digital prices.

Not a bad sale though.

Megatron

Its cool that Microsoft discounts so many retail games, but I wish they were better at discounting figital only titles. Im interested in Tenbo, Firewatch and the Witness for instance...

I bought a few things last night that were all double-dips:

Rare Replay and Fable II just so I wouldn't need the discs to play these games on XB1.

Doom 2 and Wolf 3D. I have these on PC but because they were dirt-cheap and I like getting the achievements on console I picked them up. Already had Doom.

Will probably get ReCore when it goes on sale and I hope Gears Ultimate goes on sale in the Windows Store.

I hope Oblivion goes BC at some point, as I already have the digital 360 version and I prefer it to PC due to better gamepad support.

So far, picked up:

Wolfenstein 3D (Playing Wolfenstein TOB, made me really want to play the classic ID fps again)
Doom (original)
Doom II
Ducktails remaster
Castlevania SOTN
Rare Replay
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Not bad for $24. I'll more than likely pick up ReCore if/when it's on sale next week, and I'm still thinking about XCOM 2. I'm definitely building up a serious backlog, hopefully I get find some time this winter to plow through a bunch of it.

steveovig

For someone with an older 40' Sony LCD that's nothing special, is the Shadow Complex Remaster worth it? Does it look that much better than the 360 version? Does it have any other extras in it that weren't in the original?

I bought a few things last night that were all double-dips:

Rare Replay and Fable II just so I wouldn't need the discs to play these games on XB1.

Doom 2 and Wolf 3D. I have these on PC but because they were dirt-cheap and I like getting the achievements on console I picked them up. Already had Doom.

Will probably get ReCore when it goes on sale and I hope Gears Ultimate goes on sale in the Windows Store.

I hope Oblivion goes BC at some point, as I already have the digital 360 version and I prefer it to PC due to better gamepad support.

You mean you will pick up Recore! It must be done.

I picked up Grow Up. And episode 8 of Minecraft: Story Mode, even though that is regular price.

crpav

I always wonder why some older games never get put out for a sale or even dirt cheap like they did about 3 years ago. I picked up many games I probably would not have because they had daily insane deals. Take Dust: An Elysian Tail. Was like 2 or 3 dollars and well worth it among others.

Why not mark down games like Mark of the Ninja or even Phantasy Star 2? Show me proof they are selling at all at the current price. I would gladly pay like 3 to 5 for Mark of the Ninja but not 15. Phantasy Star 2 I would pay like 1.50 not 5...well maybe I would pay 5.

blakep267

Batman seems fun but good lord the performance. I thought people here were just being overly dramatic like usual. It really is terrible

Inside is so tempting but I just know it's gonna be $10 or less during the game awards sale. I can wait. I already spent $30 on Hitman, $30 well spent btw.

Bumhead

Banned
Are we expecting other sales later in the year?

Anything around Christmas?

There's some stuff here (and expected to arrive) that I think I can hold off on for now.

Kill3r7

Are we expecting other sales later in the year?

Anything around Christmas?

There's some stuff here (and expected to arrive) that I think I can hold off on for now.

Yep, there will be a batch of new sales on Monday/Tuesday and then presumably more on BF. Also there should be the usual 12 days of Xmas sales that we get from both Sony and MS every year.

I didn't realize Metro was so cheap, so I bought that bundle along with the Prototype bundle. Just over thirty for four games isn't bad.

I loved Metro 2033 years ago, but had a harder time getting into Last Light. I'm going to try again..someday soon.

And I'd been wanting to get Prototype since I never played the second.

I should buy Shadow Complex, but I don't feel like spending more money.

Grisby

Call of Duty 3 is $20? Sheesh. I want to replay it but not that badly.

Picked up TT Batman and Saints Row Gat out of Hell. Figured they were cheap enough, although I'm expecting batman to run like ass since it's Telltale.

For those that have the complete series of Hitman, about how many gigs does it all take up?

Podge293

Europe getting boned on some of the sales. So depressing.

I still picked up two so far. Stupid pay day on Wednesday will ruin me

RavenHawk

So far I picked up:
Battlefield 1 / Titanfall 2 bunduru
Life Is Strange
Rare replay

I have 6-7 more that I will probably grab, but I'm wondering what (if any) sales Microsoft might have on Thursday or Friday that may discount some of these games even further...

Europe getting boned on some of the sales. So depressing.

Time to broaden your horizons :)

steveovig

I looked at videos of Shadow Complex and I'm not sure upgrading is worth it to me. I bought Grow Up and I'm eyeing Song of the Deep. How is that game as far as exploration and how does it compare to other Metroidvanias?

Bought so far:

Grow Up
Batman Telltale
Rare Replay
Mad Max
Dishonored DE
This War of Mine.

Will probably also buy Arkham Knight and Dirt Rally.

Then hopefully GOW4 and Quantum Break later.

Great sale.

I picked up INSIDE and the free Batman episode 1 so far (plus Titanfall 2 disc ordered from the Best Buy DOTD). I'll probably grab the Metro Bundle as well since I've never played them and the price is too good to pass up. I also have my eye on Mad Max but that seems to go on sale pretty often so it's not a must buy.

Hugstable

Banned
Hey does the Call of Duty DLC stuff ever go on sale for Xbox? Still new to Xbox sales and been getting alot of COD games recently due to Backwards Comp. Picked up World at War and Black Ops 1 and want more Zombie maps, but damn each DLC pack is like 15$ and each only has 1 zombie map :( :(. Like if they went on sale for 5$ that would be amazing for me

Dranakin

Is Rare Replay worth $10? I never had an N64, so playing some of those games would be nice. I actually own the physical NES cartridges of those games included.

Top Bottom