• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Thread: Everyone wants it, no one uses it

TheTurboFD

I may be late but did they fix being able to play RDR? I used to be able to play it if i went offline and launch it but now that doesn't work anymore.

MrBlonde

every time I see this post near the top of the page I come in hoping to see SSX lol, fingers crossed its soon since that is honestly the only BC I really care about. I need a snowboarding or good skateboarding game and there is nothing right now!

naitosan

Are the Force Unleashed games actually any good?
First one is really good, enjoyed it very much and the story is actually very good. Second one, is okay and very short. I would recommend you play first one and if you end up enjoying it as much as I do, get second one. Just keep it in mind second one got rushed due to difficulties at Lucasarts (which ended up closed shortly after).

Yes. Everyone should be entitled to free games

Just meant it as a way to keep the online population in one place.

IMO one of the reasons why multiplayer games are having a tough time is because the player base is more fragmented between PS4, XB1, PC (before 360 handily had the major player base in most multiplat games) and there are just more games out there. Even worse is these series splitting out their multiplayer modes across annual or bi-annual titles. If I were making Gears/CoD/Halo/<insert major multiplayer franchise which comes out every 1 to 3 years> I'd make a multiplayer hub and all multiplayer modes across all games would launch through there (similar to MCC).

Backlogger

Would have been nice to get LEGO Star Wars 3 today as well considering it was already announced a while back (I think).

TFU is cool, but I already own it on Steam whereas I like the LEGO games on Xbox for the kiddos

amdb00mer

Installed TFU 1 but it won't load even after rebooting my Bone.
Even though Xbox Live status shows good, it's not. I can load Force Unleashed 2, but cloud save shows offline. So I can't load my saved game. Force Unleashed 1 downloaded and installed fine, but refuses to load at all. I already did a hard reset on my Xbox One and the issue remains.

Update: After uninstalling both and re-installing them everything now works, including cloud saves.

SURGEdude

Even though Xbox Live status shows good, it's not. I can load Force Unleashed 2, but cloud save shows offline. So I can't load my saved game. Force Unleashed 1 downloaded and installed fine, but refuses to load at all. I already did a hard reset on my Xbox One and the issue remains.

Glad to hear it's not a problem on my end.

Chris1

Any impressions of Force Unleashed's frame rates on the Xbox One before I pick it up?
Has some frame drops at times but I don't remember how it compares to the 360 version. I'd say around 15-20FPS when it dips. Overall not too bad from what I played of it though.

naitosan

Any impressions of Force Unleashed's frame rates on the Xbox One before I pick it up?

It runs pretty awesome. Tearing was pretty bad on 360 but it's non-exist on XB1 so it's quite nice. Loading is quick and no input lag. I couldn't tell whatever frame drops happen, maybe it's rare or when things get very busy.

RedRum

Banned
Just played through the first mission and it was buttery smooth for me. If there were drops, I didn't notice them and certainly nothing that screams in the 15 FPS range... yet.

EBE

looking at an old digital foundry article for force unleashed and yikes does the ps3 version look bad. 360 had a noticeably advantage in texture resolution and filtering looks like, as well anti aliasing? ps3 image quality looks 'smeared over'

anyway, good to hear theres no screen tear. ill pick it up since its on sale

Top Bottom