• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Thread: Everyone wants it, no one uses it

amdb00mer

Prince of Persia classic has appeared on my Xbox One for months.
That's not Prince of Persia Classic.

y3mLFJPOOWWGWsd7f2iehmo_IyWzPRXTLlMFXRHErNG-uSg0MgUlFgdfb2VH7A54giUzRLWVbQoCh0qD_LR3d9BzEe2Y2EZxw3pwmytyY8xyIDdBfJT_VkLZ4dlJnLOj7woALSBJWEBUI9IATg96gMXRVSDmlBVRN_hoytuYvGXztY

y3mQaj7q7Emrv7TvPnFDLSGb_e2Mcs2FGjTdqFQw-9h8r_fz939NpvIXJ4RMyCk0aOD2UIsNCkfEX_iiatv__TNcSaNMjr3f4ad8DCyKpcFoQvPE-O-Uu3J7uTME4A4n91S45XCygaUEf-mrHxZ6TrO3-sgJeZZlMpXhlVw8S2rDwk

Estocolmo

Do you think that framerate problems on BC is reduced if you play on an external SSD? Ive heard many people having problems with Dark Souls framerate and I want to have the best possible experience. I am using an external HDD now but I may upgrade to SSD, but the thing is that they are very expensive.

mclem

Hrm, Grid's giving me a "your purchase cannot be completed at this time". Defense Grid came through fine, though. I'll try it from the console rather than from the web.

im_dany

A while ago that PoP game was incorrectly listed as BC instead of PoP Classic. I think they somehow made the same mistake, or maybe this time it's actually coming.

A while ago that PoP game was incorrectly listed as BC instead of PoP Classic. I think they somehow made the same mistake, or maybe this time it's actually coming.
Yep. They listed it incorrectly. People bought it. Got sad.

I guess they made it happen because of that fuck up.

Ninhead

I never believed that they would. It's Activision, man. If they can't use it to sell something else, they're certainly not gonna give it to you for free.

Also, I could swear Civilization: Revolution was shown in the announcement video, but where is it? Abe Lincoln needs to go ham on Catherine the Great.

Justinh

So with Activision now basically confirming COD4 remaster.

Anyone think they won't make the old ones BC:
That hasn't stopped games in the past from becoming BC (edit: oh, these might be Microsoft published games, gotta recheck 2: I mean, aside from Saint's Row 4), but I think Activation isn't going to be as generous and if there were going to do it, I'd reckon they'd have done it by now.
Bomberman Act: Zero 2 confirmed at E3!
Bomberman: Act Zero to Hero!

Calibos

I'm surprised they've not released Doom 3 digitally on the store now it's backwards compatible. They've presumably got a digital version somewhere that they're using, since it just downloads the file when you put a disc in. Just feels like this is the best time to do it, with the new one on the horizon.

nevermind. It's a trailer.

Could the reason RDR is not BC yet be related to this annoying freezing bug on the multiplayer portion? I thought it was just my 360 or something but it randomly freezes, forcing me to restart. But, Rockstar Forums report otherwise.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Just wait for black ops 4 legacy edition....

Unfortunately that's probably what Activision is going to do.

I just want a Microsoft E3 announcement of "All our first party titles published on Xbox 360 and XBLA are available today!"

Lost Odyssey, Rez HD, Blue Dragon etc.

Seems like they've got around 50% or more available already but just save the rest for one big announcement at E3.

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
so, is dark souls 1 BC on Xbox 1? And does it play better then on the 360?

edit, nvm, found it, but are there any drawbacks? does the multiplayer work and so on?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh nice, Texas Hold Em. I'm a simple man with simple desires.

tim1138

That first MUA was so good. SO very good.

Right? The second wasn't as good, but was still fun and I liked how they handled the branching storyline.

They're on sale again? I want to commit just for the chance they go BC. I haven't even played the second one yet but the first was a real treat.

Yep, $10/each for Gold members through the 10th. There's a thread somewhere with all the deals in it.

Fuchsdh

Still no BioShocks. I'm starting to feel like they're really holding out for that Remastered Collection, which hell I'd buy, but there's no indication when it's coming out either.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
They're on sale again? I want to commit just for the chance they go BC. I haven't even played the second one yet but the first was a real treat.
That's exactly what I did. I still own the disc versions, but at least this way I have guaranteed access to the DLC.

Top Bottom