• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Exclusive D4 is selling like complete shit, please help me #SaveD4

DownloadingData

Neo Member
Port begging gets you banned Jr, careful

I am not asking for ports. I'm pointing out a contradiction that was in TC's logic.

The correct logic would be to put it on more platforms. Is the TC trying to save D4 or is he trying to sell more X1s?

Synth

I am not asking for ports. I'm pointing out a contradiction that was in TC's logic.

The correct logic would be to put it on more platforms. Is the TC trying to save D4 or is he trying to sell more X1s?

Sometimes porting isn't an option (see: Bayonetta 2). This is likely one of those times.

And before you respond with "then he should never have signed with MS in the first place", it may have been the only way for the game to exist at all.

What am I reading?

Port begging is not cool, man. Not cool

Especially for projects like this that would almost assuredly never exist without some platform holders funding

flohen95

I don't know what you're trying to get at, but OP's goal was to make Xbox One owners aware of the game since it sold badly and Microsoft did next to nothing to promote it. Don't know what is wrong with doing so if one likes the game. I know I'd do it for games I like.

(Next to) no one is going to buy an Xbox One for this game alone anyway.

Krilekk

Banned

That's not logical at all. If it sells bad on one platform it most likely will sell bad on every platform. Only with additional cost for development of said platforms. The only logical solution is to finance a second chapter and give out the first for free like they shouldve done from the start. Niche games like this need demos.

jobrro

Well you convinced me, just purchased based on the fact I have enjoyed a couple Telltale series and Swery's Twitter.

#SaveD4 Update 10/11/2014

D4 has the first spot in the "Games" page in the Xbox One Store.
xxUYzFJ.jpg

It's a start.

Bessy67

Finally got around to finishing episode 2 and man, I really hope we get an episode 3. Hopefully the big tile in the store helps.

Be strong SWERY, if this game comes to PC. I would buy it with warts(bugs) and all(shitty M+KB controls, etc). Though the future still looks bleak...

OK, I really hate the music in this game. It just doesn't fit the atmosphere or style of the game and it takes me out of it. I'm mainly talking about the soft piano/violin parts, its just so out of place with the goofiness of the game that it really annoys me.

malfcn

I lol at this topic. Save D4? You save D4 by porting it to PC/PS4/WiiU so that it reaches a wider audience. This is the exclusive that Microsoft does not deserve.

Since when did the Xbox have a good track record selling quirky Japanese games? Eternal Sonata? DOAX2?

Skirting around a port beg?

malfcn

If I get the outfits, will the game pop up in my HDD?
I had the problem before of having content on my HDD, and NO way to manage it.

Usobuko

Banned
Crimson Dragon not on the list too. I have no idea if the game is good or bad but it's weird for Microsoft own department to neglect Japanese games when they are actually real exclusive to Xbox One.

Crimson Dragon not on the list too. I have no idea if the game is good or bad but it's weird for Microsoft own department to neglect Japanese games when they are actually real exclusive to Xbox One.

To be fair, I believe that list is only intended to highlight 2014 exclusive titles where CD was launched in 2013

Chris1

I think it's only including retail games which explains the lack of D4 etc...The only game I'm not sure about is Shape up, but the rest are getting retail versions I'm pretty sure.

Rising_Hei

Sometimes porting isn't an option (see: Bayonetta 2). This is likely one of those times.

And before you respond with "then he should never have signed with MS in the first place", it may have been the only way for the game to exist at all.

bayonetta 2 had no choice but to go with Nintendo, and they were fully funded. (No danger of the game dying)
D4 is not fully funded by MS and i bet they had other choices, they just chose an option what wasn't very smart, imo

Top Bottom