• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Exclusive D4 is selling like complete shit, please help me #SaveD4

Allforce

I really want to try this game out but the idea that it's episodic and they might never finish it due to poor sales is troubling.

Have they flat out said "No matter what the sales we will deliver the remaining episodes" at all? Or is it all based on how well this first batch is doing now?

I really want to try this game out but the idea that it's episodic and they might never finish it due to poor sales is troubling.

Have they flat out said "No matter what the sales we will deliver the remaining episodes" at all? Or is it all based on how well this first batch is doing now?

I believe it's the latter, which is especially unfortunate considering dat cliffhanger.

I have no idea what this game is about and have seen Zero ads for it probably why its selling like shit

image.php

Downloading now. Did it take an insanely long time for anyone else because mine has been going for a couple hours now and is only at 20%...

spons

Gold Member
There's so little new exclusives for the Xbox One at this point in time it's just absolutely ridiculous people aren't picking this up. I mean, there's this, a Halo rehash and Sunset Overdrive. I'd totally get this if I had the console.

_Ryo_

So, I was interested in this game but don't have the console... but I gotta say the visuals put me off after I watched a bit of a lets play just to see what the game was like.

Anyway I still hope people buy it because I love adventure games and anything to increase the chances of more of them is a good thing.

AmuroChan

Gold Member
I did not even know this game came out. Saw no previews or advertisement on this whatsoever leading up to the release. WTF is Microsoft doing?? If they want people to stop thinking that XBox is only about Halo and Call of Duty, then start marketing these other titles that add variety to your portfolio.

Project Spark is another such title. Comes out next week. Where's the marketing campaign for that??

And yet I've heard virtually nothing about it. Is MS just going to let this die too??

If it was dying it wouldnt be able to go from beta to full release with big DLC plans including the Conker pack and a retail launch next week. It was on-stage at two E3s and been around the store a lot, perhaps youre just not looking.

At some point reviews will go up in the next few days, it has its own twitter account and weekly twitch streaming I believe and theres plans for some trailers I think, not sure how they're going to do what they have planned fully

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I really enjoyed the bit of Deadly Premonition I played before my 360 RRoD'd on me, so I bought the PS3 Ultimate edition when it was on sale.

D4 looks right up my ally, but I don't have an Xbox ONE, and don't plan on picking one up anytime soon. I would certainly buy this asap if I did, though. All of my friends also have PS4's, so I don't really have anyone to pimp this game out to. Sorry.

If it was dying it wouldnt be able to go from beta to full release with big DLC plans including the Conker pack and a retail launch next week. It was on-stage at two E3s and been around the store a lot, perhaps youre just not looking.

At some point reviews will go up in the next few days, it has its own twitter account and weekly twitch streaming I believe and theres plans for some trailers I think, not sure how they're going to do what they have planned fully

Yes, Project Spark is different, it's a community-driven "game" (it's a game-making tool, really), and there have been constant extensive updates and interaction with the community. The base package is free, and across the three platforms that it's on, it's already found its audience.

It's not that they couldn't do even more to push it, you can always do more, but I don't see it as being in the same boat with D4.

DownloadingData

Neo Member
I lol at this topic. Save D4? You save D4 by porting it to PC/PS4/WiiU so that it reaches a wider audience. This is the exclusive that Microsoft does not deserve.

Since when did the Xbox have a good track record selling quirky Japanese games? Eternal Sonata? DOAX2?

BokehKing

Banned
I lol at this topic. Save D4? You save D4 by porting it to PC/PS4/WiiU so that it reaches a wider audience. This is the exclusive that Microsoft does not deserve.

Since when did the Xbox have a good track record selling quirky Japanese games? Eternal Sonata? DOAX2?
Port begging gets you banned Jr, careful

Certinty

Seems like my kind of game. Will probably wait until I buy it though because there's far too many other games I want in the next few months.

statham

You bumped and then port begged a Microsoft paid exclusive. Goodluck. Your very first post too.

Dammit, I have an Xbox account with $150 USD and I would love to buy this game for my friends. Is there a gift system or something? I don't own an Xbox console anymore (I had those 150 dollars to use on my 360 but I sold it)

You won't be missed. Not a bit.

Does not deserve lol

Why is this is shit continuously allowed on here

Depends if you consider a game funded and published by Microsoft to be an indie game
Yep, Trials was a good game.

If this dev didnt waste the marketing budget than it may have did better. Id get it but not a fan of digital or VN. Tried Pagan Ronpa, not too good.

What else has this dev made?

But Onechambara, DOA4, cave shooters, and ninety nine nights did well. Odd. Those are quirky Japanese games.

Didn't those games survive off of the limited 360 Japan base? The X1 is doing way worse than the 360 (in Japan...and everywhere).

Nope, only the Japanese exclusive cave shooters did. Month nine nights got a sequel because of good ww sales for example. DOA4 was a big success. One chambara did decent for a niche severly low budget game as well.

Top Bottom