• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Redshirt

Banned
How exactly does the "Day One Edition" system work for games? Is it just a first shipment thing or is it only for pre-orders?

There's a fixed number of Day One editions for games, but it's not limited to pre-orders, and all games downloaded in the first two weeks come with the Day One perks.

Beautiful OP. Hey look I'm in it.

Conker probably won't be seen anytime soon. Seavor hates MS.

Still, Banjo pls.

Would LOVE to see a new Sunset Overdrive trailer at Xbox launch.

Seavor is not with Rare or any company right? They can do it just without him.

Unity2012

Great OT, Congrats!

BTW, I want to be on that Train... here's my contribution

XboxOneNeoGaf_Opt2_zps9fca80bb.jpg
!

Hawk269

I'd say there's a good chance.

Very good chance. MS is flooding Stores with Standard Editions (Green Box) Exactly the same, except the Black Box one has the Day One Controller and extra achievements items. My local BB told me that every Day One they got is for pre-orders, but they have about 50 or so Standard Editions.

I love it when controllers come in those kinds of boxes (as in, ones you can actually easily open). They look a lot better too.

I love Microsoft recent packaging. They are cleaner and minimalistic and easy to open. I just pick up Wedge Mouse for my Win 8 tablet and it's packaged the same way.

Beautiful OT

I really excited.

l can't wait por Killer Instinct!!!

Forza 5, Ryse, Dejar Rising 3, Crmson Dragón. Launch line up looks great

Loiselle

Ready for Thursday night! Gonna have 4 titles to play... I'm ready to go! Picked up my Play & Charge kit today, got a confirmation email from Best Buy that my copy of Call of Duty: Ghosts can be picked up tomorrow! Less than 6 days to go!

nbraun80

Dat controller. I think the bumpers are totally fine, no idea what the fuss is about.
not sure either. I obviously haven't been able to play a game, but the only problem I can see is that if you try to press the bumpers near the inside it doesn't press very well, so you have to press in the middle or outside half.

What are your thoughts?

Real talk: Lunchbox needs to be driving that train.
I'm liking it. Would really like to try out the impulse triggers. Fits well in my hand and the triggers contour to your fingers nicely. Definitely nice not having a bulky battery pack on back. Bumpers dont seem like an issue, even if you press the inside of the bumpers you'll still get a click, just a little harder to do so.

Coreda

Very nice OP, and love the title. Even with all the mistakes Microsoft has made this thread feels surprisingly good.

mr stroke

Ready for some Xbone now after a day with the poor ps4 launch line up(save the amazing NBA 2k14)

After all the Xbone heat from E3, MS really nailed the launch games. Forza, KI and Dead Rising look fantastic.

nbraun80

Another shot showing the contour of the trigger to fit your finger and I have the battery door off, let me know if you guys wanna see a certain part up close or anything.

aperman

Neo Member
I've been dark on this site for 2+ years now.

Would love for my re-entry to be on the train.

Got my Amazon pre-order ready & going digital with Forza, Dead Rising, and ACIV.

Mononoke

Banned
I'm in. I decided to get the Ryse bundle. I'm actually not all that jazzed for Ryse, but it was the only bundle left for launch. And who knows, maybe I'll love it.

Top Bottom