• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X "Direct" on Feb. 6 [info in OP]

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Sorry, had to reply real quick. The whole part about directs was more in reply to Ansatz, who made a comparison to being added in smash being a sign (Whens Ice Climbers 2 dangit!). I more just take directs as them showing whatever to fill time regardless of plans. I mean, how long since they mentioned SMTxFE, or how they had Harada announce....nothing? He basically just announced that a design document existed and that was about it.

Also, the April 2nd release date is indeed Europe, but no word on NA release. You are right about the NA release apparently being said to also be in April, but I feel like they're acting real strange not just giving a date for no real reason.

i don't want to press this topic, but as previous statements (Fatal Frame comparison, Smash tidbits, Xenoblade 3d dates...) I think that also the SMT x FE and the Project Treasure stuff are wrong comparisons.

Xenoblade Chronicles X history:

End of 2012: Nintendo Direct: Iwata mention that Monolith Soft is working on a new Wii U project

January '13: First trailer of "X" by Monolith Software for Wii U. Actual footage of the actual game.

E3 '13: "X" trailer

January '14 Direct: "X" combat trailer (Huge succeeded!)

E3 '14: "X" trailer and name confirmation Xenoblade Chronicles X

November '14 Direct: "X" Trailer

January '15 Direct: "Xenoblade Chronicle X" trailer and Japanese release date

their "X" coverage was actually pretty always "real". No "vaporware" at all.
yes, it was originally planned for '14 release, and they delayed it. But I think that's all.

TheMoon

I apologize for not being able to read an untranslated post from 2 weeks ago that mentioned that the localization was actually underway. Since there was no actual mention of a the progress of a localization other than the lack of it back at E3, my assumption was Nintendo had their usual attitude. Nintendo's usual attitude towards localizations has always been, for the most part, whenever they feel like it, both recently and in the past. Therefore, I expected no different for this game. Heck, they haven't even given us a release window other than 2015 for Chronicles 3D outside of Japan. They even waited to announce a New 3Ds release date for NA after EU, and we're the only only ones that got shafted on the regular sized model. So I have very little hopes for a release anytime soon when they refuse to even address it in English directs.

Also, I don't consider showing stuff during directs in the west anything that really has to do with their actual plans, especially if it's at all Smash Bros. related, because that's for Smash Bros. That would be like thinking there's a new punch out game coming because they've pushed Little Mac in smash, as an amiibo, and re-released Punch Out Wii.

I admit FF was a bad example for what I actually meant, but sue me I'm tired. I'll just go be my cynical self in the corner then, and be happily surprised when it releases soon at best, and be okay with a a longer wait at the worst. At least 2015 is looking to be a solid first half for my Wii U.

You're very misinformed. You shouldn't make such weird proclamations without informing yourself properly. Xenoblade 3D has an "April 2015" date in North America and a hard "April 2, 2015" for Europe and AU, suggesting the NA date won't be far behind. Nintendo definitely does NOT have a "whenever they feel like it" attitude towards localization as you can see from them switching to global launches for Pokémon games since X & Y and them already having announced the new Fire Emblem for global release instead of waiting until after the JP version came out. Really the only thing you could point to in recent times is Fatal Frame 5 which still hasn't been announced for the West. That is it. Everything else has come over with reasonable wait times. Hell, North America gets Code Name S.T.E.A.M. first! Two whole months before it hits EU and even Japan! A Link Between Worlds came out in the West a month before Japan, too. NA got Smash Bros 4 before anyone else.

random25

No, but you're missing a post. A good start for you would be right above you, and good start for me would be on my bed. G'night.

Well, sorry about that :p

Like others have said, localization is underway, and with global promotion of this game since the beginning points to the obvious localization plan since day 1.

Anyway, 2 more days to go!

Lillowh

Neo Member
i don't want to press this topic, but as previous statements (Fatal Frame comparison, Smash tidbits, Xenoblade 3d dates...) I think that also the SMT x FE and the Project Treasure stuff are wrong comparisons.

Xenoblade Chronicles X history:

End of 2012: Nintendo Direct: Iwata mention that Monolith Soft is working on a new Wii U project

January '13: First trailer of "X" by Monolith Software for Wii U. Actual footage of the actual game.

E3 '13: "X" trailer

January '14 Direct: "X" combat trailer (Huge succeeded!)

E3 '14: "X" trailer and name confirmation Xenoblade Chronicles X

November '14 Direct: "X" Trailer

January '15 Direct: "Xenoblade Chronicle X" trailer and Japanese release date

their "X" coverage was actually pretty always "real". No "vaporware" at all.
yes, it was originally planned for '14 release, and they delayed it. But I think that's all.

Sorry, I didn't mean to make it sound like I was assuming it was vaporware. Not at all. It was more that I don't consider what they show or mention on Directs have anything to do with their relative release schedules unless explicitly stated. Being the internet, the tone of a friendly jab didn't come through that well. I'll make it clear that I really love Nintendo, but that's why enjoy calling their shit (In a more taking the piss kind of way, not an aggressive sort of way).

You're very misinformed. You shouldn't make such weird proclamations without informing yourself properly. Xenoblade 3D has an "April 2015" date in North America and a hard "April 2, 2015" for Europe and AU, suggesting the NA date won't be far behind. Nintendo definitely does NOT have a "whenever they feel like it" attitude towards localization as you can see from them switching to global launches for Pokémon games since X & Y and them already having announced the new Fire Emblem for global release instead of waiting until after the JP version came out. Really the only thing you could point to in recent times is Fatal Frame 5 which still hasn't been announced for the West. That is it. Everything else has come over with reasonable wait times. Hell, North America gets Code Name S.T.E.A.M. first! Two whole months before it hits EU and even Japan! A Link Between Worlds came out in the West a month before Japan, too. NA got Smash Bros 4 before anyone else.

I can pull things out to that are just as relevant. How about Smash 3DS coming out in Japan a month before the NA release? Or Bayonetta 2 coming out a month later in the NA region while the JP release had english dialogue and text in it, because the localization was already done? How about Hyrule Warriors, a game where half of it's namesake sells way better in the west, not released in NA until a month and a half later? Do not forget it took both NA 5 months to get the New 3DS, when it was released in an English speaking nation only one month after release.

The point is that Nintendo is all over the place with localizations, to the point where I think the marketing people don't care, or are crazy. Again, not meant in an aggressive way, I just don't think even they know what their plan is half the time and I find that hilarious.

To everyone else,

My point is they're still not on track for global releases, and they're all over the place with localizations in general. I did not mean to say it's not coming, I just mean I personally wouldn't hold my breath. Though since it seems any dissenting opinion other than pure hype is not what people are looking for here, I'll drop this topic.

Enjoy the footage everyone. And here's to a swift localization time.

rjinaz

I'm kind of with you in that I am critical the game will be released in the West very soon. I think people that are guessing June and July are crazy. I'll stick with my initial guess of Nov or Dec. I do believe it will be released this year but I would not be surprised to see a Jan or Feb delay. It's disheartening they will not commit to a date like they did with Japan, but it's still early (probably e3). However it's already been said the localization is moving along nicely so I'll stick with this year.

Regardless, that doesn't really have anything to do with the topic at-hand since we have no control over when the game releases. It WILL release and until it does I'm going to enjoy whatever they want to show us.

Shiggie

My point is they're still not on track for global releases, and they're all over the place with localizations in general. I did not mean to say it's not coming, I just mean I personally wouldn't hold my breath. Though since it seems any dissenting opinion other than pure hype is not what people are looking for here, I'll drop this topic.

Enjoy the footage everyone. And here's to a swift localization time.
what? can you walk me through this?
oh ok no June, July releas is what you're saying. okay.

rhandino

Banned
To everyone else,

Are they? I think it was generally agreed that they usually put games on hold or released them early in the different regions to avoid competition with other games, fill gaps, etc...

Schnozberry

I'm kind of with you in that I am critical the game will be released in the West very soon. I think people that are guessing June and July are crazy. I'll stick with my initial guess of Nov or Dec. I do believe it will be released this year but I would not be surprised to see a Jan or Feb delay. It's disheartening they will not commit to a date like they did with Japan, but it's still early (probably e3). However it's already been said the localization is moving along nicely so I'll stick with this year.

Regardless, that doesn't really have anything to do with the topic at-hand since we have no control over when the game releases. It WILL release and until it does I'm going to enjoy whatever they want to show us.

Nobody knows the timetable. Hopefully they aren't waiting for the Japanese release before starting localization. The probably finalized the content some time ago to start polishing and squashing bugs before release.

Diffense

Well, to be fair to Lillowth, Xenoblade was shown first at e3 2009 (as Monado) then NOA dropped it!
One could be forgiven for being skeptical until we actually have the game in our Wii Us.

But I figure we're getting this one thanks to the fan effort to get Xenoblade localized and its decent sales performance.
X is coming into a better world than Xenoblade with a 3DS Xenoblade port on the way and Xenoblade characters, stages, and music, in Sm4sh. Plus we know that it's already being localized.

The Oprainfall folks are real life Shulks for changing the future. lol. It's hard to imagine the Shulk would have been prioritized for Smash if Xenoblade had remained Japan only. And it was ported exclusively to the new 3ds which relatively few people have? Nintendo must have been pretty happy with sales of the Wii game given the circumstances. It probably sold more WW than most FE (Awakening excepted). I like to think that New Los Angeles is Monolithsoft's nod to the 'angels' who helped convince the businessmen that Xenoblade deserved a wider audience.

Anyway, I'm counting the days!

random25

Well, to be fair to Lillowth, Xenoblade was shown first at e3 2009 (as Monado) then NOA dropped it!
One could be forgiven for being skeptical until we actually have the game in our Wii Us.

To be fair to others, including me :p it was a different scenario back then. After the demo showing in E3 2009 Xenoblade did stayed silent until it got first released in Japan a few years later. This time Xenoblade X is getting constant news updates ever since the reveal, and the information is global. Plus it did get featured in 2 consecutive E3s and may get another one if it won't be released before June this year in the States. And last Direct also confirmed a NA release year (2015). There's really no question whether it's getting localized or not, because there's already an assurance both from Monolithsoft and Nintendo that it's getting localized. The question really is when will we get this game.

Diffense

Yeah, it's coming. I don't disagree with that.

I'm crossing my fingers for summer assuming Zelda will be out by December (as they've been insisting) and that they would rather space the two large adventures.

When it was happening, the Xenoblade fiasco was annoying but a few good things came out of it. We didn't get stuck with a dumb name like "Monado: The Beginning of the World" and we got a unique voice cast.

I'll be ready at 2pm tomorrow.

Xenoblade X, Persona 5 and FFXV in one year. Dayumn.

I'm just really happy I went Wii U + PS4.

Diffense

Dawn of the third day.
(I'm late)

Kinda offtopic, but I hope the game will have preloading. Screw downloading 25GB when it comes out.

Yeah, I feel that they'll be (optionally) using some internal storage as a cache. That's what makes the most sense from their comments. The digital version wouldn't need that because obviously all the game data would be on faster hard disk storage. They'll probably say more about this tomorrow.

7 am est? Sucks I'll be at work

Isn't it eight?

Some Nobody

All this localization talk. I mean: There's no release date announced because Nintendo went up until the end of Spring and stopped. You guys realize that, right? Even if the game was scheduled in June, they wouldn't have told you.

Zolbrod

Yeah, not expecting a US release of FFXV this year.
Maaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyybeeeeeeee in Japan, but certainly not in the West.

Only 8 hours left. I'm really curious about what they will show. Only a 15 minute video of the world or if the go a little bit deeper into the different alien races, the mechs, neo LA, story, etc.

I'm falling apart with my lack of sleep from the P5/FFXV yesterday...

I might not wake up on time >.>

I'll try though. The only moment to have fun with these things is during the stream, because afterwards it just becomes derailings and complaints...

See you guys in 7 hours (hopefully).

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Ya'll going to watch this direct ? Don't you want to explore the vast world of this game yourself when it comes out ? I am still debating internally and can't decide whether I should watch or not :(

Ya'll going to watch this direct ? Don't you want to explore the vast world of this game yourself when it comes out ? I am still debating internally and can't decide whether I should watch or not :(

They're not spoiling the exploration though.

They're not going to walk around and say "Oh, there's a secret cave here, let me show you"; "See that cliff? There's an enemy that drops an equipment for the MC. It's crap though, so kill it for the XP".

They'll probably walk around, show the battle system, maybe some mech action, and some environments (probably the ones that were already showed at the last trailer).

And well, I have no worries about being spoiled on the battle system or mechs, since I'm here for the story and exploration.

6 and a half more hours. I just got up an hour ago after a four hour nap but I'm feeling pretty bad. I may try to catch some more sleep at 4 AM Eastern. I'm excited.

Some Nobody

The game is fucking enormous and this direct will be thirty minutes at most. Even if the claims of 300 hours aren't true (they aren't), I'm really slow so I can see taking 100 hours easy. So I'm going to see...what. .5 percent of the full game? Yeah, bring that. Still hoping they show off more mecha.

Zolbrod

I see where you're coming from, but considering that this game is supposedly 5 times the size of the original and we really haven't seen very much at all yet, I think I can take another video before going on a blackout.

Top Bottom